Sign in to follow this  
clummus

What are the green lines in the display

Ok, I can't find a way to add pictures from my phone to the post. when u turn on cruise control , sometimes there are green lines ( dashes really) that show up on both sides of the car icon. now I just noticed this happening yesterday. then the lines fade to grey at times. then later they weren't there at all. does this have something to do with the lane keeping alert? it was around the time I noticed them that the driver alert feature shows unavailable in the menu screen. called my service department but have not gotten a response yet.

RTM,

Look in your manual,

Go to Instrument Cluster Section,

Go to Warning Lamps and Indicators,

Look for Lane Keeping Aid.

Is that the icon?

Yes. but it should be on or activated at all times I thought. we set all these to "on" at the dealer.

I do not have that feature, so I can only point you to the manual again.

Go to Driving Aids,

Lane Keeping System,

Read through that and hopefully it will help.

You might have it set to be activated, and if so maybe it gives the green lines on the display to indicate that the forward-looking camera can 'see' lines on the road and thus able to keep you in the boundaries, but if you are a road without sufficient markings the lines to gray to indicate that it can't 'see' any guidelines with which to keep you in place? So compare the display to the lines available on the road at the time, and see if there is a correlation.

Lane keeping must be turned on every time you start the car. Push the button on the end of the turn signal stalk.

It only works at 40 mph or above.

Below 40 mph the lines are gray.

Above 40 mph the lines are green if you are in your lane.

If you stray toward either side of the lane the line on that side will turn yellow.

If active lane keeping is enabled and you keep drifting the car will nudge the steering wheel to bring the car back into the lane.

I don't know what happens if active lane keeping is disabled since I've never tried it.

I guess I should experiment.

I've found so many errors in the manual that I no longer trust it. It's obviously a cut and paste job from a different car that no one bothered to proof read.

Read the description of the zoom mode for the rear camera. It doesn't work anything like the description in the manual.

Thank you Murphy. I don't like reading.the manual and getting wrong info. I feel that this forum is here to help others. and I appreciate your input. I had no idea I had to enable it each time. Thank u:)

Lane keeping must be turned on every time you start the car. Push the button on the end of the turn signal stalk.

If you stray toward either side of the lane the line on that side will turn yellow.

If active lane keeping is enabled and you keep drifting the car will nudge the steering wheel to bring the car back into the lane.

I don't know what happens if active lane keeping is disabled since I've never tried it.

I've found so many errors in the manual that I no longer trust it. It's obviously a cut and paste job from a different car that no one bothered to proof read.

Read the description of the zoom mode for the rear camera. It doesn't work anything like the description in the manual.

Sort of. You can create a MyKey that by default will have lane keeping on. If you have an admin key you'll have to turn the lane keeping system on each time.

The lane keeping can be set to three different modes. One is just an alert (shakes the wheel like a rumble strip). One tries to nudge you back in your lane (aid). The third nudges you back and shakes the wheel.

Lane keeping is off while the turn signal is on. And it will work at speeds way below 40. I've had it work down to 25 at least.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirsnet/OwnerGuide_EU/MainContent_Test_Layout.aspx?year=&model=Fusion%20Hybrid&bookcode=O21825&market=US&language=EN&chapterUid=G1518978&subUid=G1549384&topicHref=G1549385

can I ask how to set the Mykey? forgive me for not looking it up..packing for the weekend:)..Thank you guardian bob

Also, I've found lines are gray above 40 mph if the system cannot "find" the boundaries. I'm not 100% how it works, but it seems like it may use cameras to try and detect painted lines. If the lines on the road are tarred over or simply missing, the green line on that side of the road does not show up on the dash for me.

can I ask how to set the Mykey? forgive me for not looking it up..packing for the weekend:)..Thank you guardian bob

Page 49: http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WODFHY/~MUS~LEN/42/13fhyom1e.pdf

There is a lot of things going on with MyKey. You may not like the implications, so make sure you understand what you can and cannot change.

it says that document is not a valid pdf and won't let me open it...I'll read the manual lol

it says that document is not a valid pdf and won't let me open it...I'll read the manual lol

That doc was the manual :) owner.ford.com also has a html version of the manual. The MyKey section is pretty complex, so definitely take the time to read and understand it.

And it will work at speeds way below 40.

My manual says it will work at 40 MPH or above (p. 204) , and that is what I have experienced.

I have the Lane Assist feature and it does only work when going about 40mph. The camera that looks for the lines are behind the rear view mirror. When it cannot see the lines (or when lines are not present on the road) the lines on the dash will be gray. Once the camera spots the lines it will turn green. One thing I noticed is that my car doesn't "shake" or simulate a rumble strip. I have it set to Aid and Alert. I think the Alert just pops up a message on your left screen and will display a coffee cup. I have not experienced a shaking wheel just the nudge back into the lane.

One thing I noticed is that my car doesn't "shake" or simulate a rumble strip. I have it set to Aid and Alert. I think the Alert just pops up a message on your left screen and will display a coffee cup. I have not experienced a shaking wheel just the nudge back into the lane.

That doesn't sound right. Mine shakes if the Alert feature is on - there's no alert on the left screen for lane assist. The alert to stop and drink some coffee is from the Driver Assist.

Mine also turns off the lane assist if I tap the T/S level, I don't have to push it all the way to the continuous blinking mode. It turns off after 2 blinks, not right away.

The idea is that it will nudge first, then shake later. It's all relative to the distance you are over the line. If you have "Aid" on, it won't set the "Alert" until you are well over the line. If you have "Aid" off and "Alert" on, it will vibrate much sooner after crossing the line. Unless you are really trying, or you're in a fairly sharp curve, it's hard to get the "Alert" when you have the "Aid" on, because usually the "Aid" will straighten you out before you get far enough for the "Alert" to trigger.

It will not turn on until you hit 40mph, but it will stay on until you drop down below 35mph. It should never be working at 25mph.

Thanks, I will give this a try when there's not too many cars on the road and see if it works. I will report my findings.