Peircej

Even better than my Prius!

I am delighted with my new new HyTi. I've been driving Prii since 2002 and am, I suppose, a hybrid junkie. Traded my 2004 Prius with 111,000 miles for the Fusion last week and immediately set out on about 600 miles of road trip over the weekend. At first the sheer amount of information coming from the three screens was overwhelming (just watch the road and drive!) but after awhile it became more intuitive. The Sony sound system is about as good a factory system as I have ever heard. And the car is QUIET.

Prius is a very good car, but I think Ford has taken hybrids to an even higher level.

There seems to be a lot of good information on this forum. Glad to be here.

Agreed. As for mileage, the jury is still out. So far the real world mileage is about 10 mpg less than my '04 Prius; 36 for the FFHTi compared to 46 for the '04 Prius. But I expect the Ford mileage to improve moderately over the first 1-2k miles and as I get more used to the car. It's a hoot to kick into EV mode at 60 mph. Top EV for the '04 Prius was 18 mph.

Also I am glad this is an American car. Made in Hermosillo, to be sure; but Mexico is part of North America isn't it? :headscratch:

Agreed. As for mileage, the jury is still out. So far the real world mileage is about 10 mpg less than my '04 Prius; 36 for the FFHTi compared to 46 for the '04 Prius. But I expect the Ford mileage to improve moderately over the first 1-2k miles and as I get more used to the car. It's a hoot to kick into EV mode at 60 mph. Top EV for the '04 Prius was 18 mph.

I have no delusions of ever achieving the 45 mpg EPA rating in my Z. With 65% of my daily drive being 75 mph, there is no way I will see that number. I am more than happy with my 36 (and rising) mpg. After getting 20 mpg on a good day in my 05 Mustang GT vert and 16 in my Explorer, I am a happy hybrid owner! ?

The new HyTi will take some getting used to, its a little different than all the other Hybrids, but once you get the knack of it, you will see those numbers shoot right up. I had an 07 Pri and an 09 TCH, so I know how they drove, and hard to compare the two with the HyTi. What a car!

OMG! I can't hold back from posting anymore. Much like the others on this forum....... I. LOVE. THIS. CAR!!! :yahoo:

I'm on my third tank and managed to get a 46.5 mpg on my 76 mile round trip to work today. Having driven an Expedition for the last 8 years and being used to get a whopping 16 mpg on average might have something to do with my excitement, but the FFH is truly a delight to drive. I had over 165,000 miles on my Expy and it was virtually problem free--less than $800 on unexpected repairs---so I was kind of sold on getting another Ford. I NEVER expected to get a car after driving SUVs for over 20 years but I was drawn to the new Fusion body style and needed to get away from the $500 a month gas expense. I actually set out to get the Explorer, but the FFH 47 mpg rating made me stop and think real hard. I was sold after the test drive and immediately placed my order since there were no Titaniums to be found anywhere in early April.

All I can say is WOW! WOW! What an awesome car! Now if I can just get over the sensory overload on the interior features......

Welcome from another former prius owner. How is your mileage after having the FFH for a month?

Bugs! Yuck! :-)

I am guessing you are referring to my interest in entomology. Insects are interesting creatures really. I am an entomologist for the USDA agriculture research service. I study Asian Longhorned beetles. Off topic but it is a cool job.

I figured you worked in that field, and while I'm glad there are people such as yourself whom are dedicated to researching the aforementioned, I could never do it :-). As a human being and a software guy, I have aversions to them in various forms.

In any case, you're right, I was O/T. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome Aquineas. I hear you on the bug aversions, you are the norm. When my kids were growing up there friends used to call me the bug lady :superhero:

Edited by jeapa

I always have and probably always will love bugs, amphibians, snakes, and yes even lizards and spiders. I have been bitten numerous times by anoles and skinks when picking them up to show people, or rid the butterfly house of them when I am working there. I have also seen praying mantis and walking sticks, but no fireflys here. My favorite thing to point out to people taking a zoo tour are the large golden orb spiders- beautiful!

My next door neighbors brought their 11 yr old grandson down for a couple of weeks and he and I hit if off great. I took him for a zoo tour when I was doing my docent duties feeding some animals, then to the zoo kitchen and in to see the raptors. He loved it!

Here (in coastal SC) there is so much wildlife, including raccoons, opossums, fox, bobcats, feral hogs and my favorite the alligators!

Keep up the good work, we need more bugs (maybe not cockroaches)

Yay, another bug person. For the record, I hate cockroaches too!! My research is mainly bio-control of invasive pest type insects. I have many cool insect photos I will have to post some in the off-topic forum.

I was eyeball to eyeball with a raccoon in my backyard last night, they are our nocturnal garden raiders.

They also love to get into in our ponds and chew up the plumbing, I blasted it with my garden hose, the stinker... at midnight, of all times.

I did want to say something on topic though, I am impressed with our new members.

I've noticed that most are very well read on the FFH topics and don't start off asking questions that have been covered in other topics (although we are happy to help answer anything, if we can).

Folks that have owned other hybrids and others who spent the time to investigate their FFH purchase really add to this forum.

Bravo, and welcome again, you are making this a better, more informative place.

I hope I can contribute. It really is sad to read the low mpg threads. I almost feel bad posting good numbers.

I think most salesmen don't know enough about these cars to be a good source of information to prospective buyers. Mine tried to talk me out of test driving one because he thought I would do better with the eco boost version. He was surprised at the mpg I got during the test drive. I have been wondering if the cars that are under performing could be driven by someone who is more experienced to test if it is the car or the driver? I am glad I got a good car

So far the consensus is showing that Interstate travel, with version 1 software EV locked to 63 MPH, is coming out to be about 43 MPG when driven at 63-65 MPH. Its what I got, and many others also appear to see the same numbers.

Will be interesting to see if Version 2 with EV up to 85 changes this in any way. It is still far below what EPA says, and what can be achieved in a PPP(still cant say it), I did get 75 MPG for a few hundred miles in one, with the entire trip returning 65 MPG, Never will we see this in the FFH. It was a PA to IL trip. Same trip in a Crown Vic I got 26 MPG. It may have cost me more to drive, but it was sure a lot more comfortable doing so in the Vic.

As far as sales guys go, not many of them have even driven a Hybrid, let alone understand how they function. Most are trained on the basics of the lineup, which is the same for the most part in all of them. Now the Service Manager at my dealer, he knows how to drive a hybrid in the extreme manner, you know, the hypermiler way that p1$$3$ most people off. He would make a lousy salesman though! LOL "these cars will never get 47 MPG, Ford is Nutz!" <--direct quote!

Oh wow, just noticed, both cars have the same number of fills, 11 each. Can you tell which one I drive more? Tip, the Flex is a month older.

Edited by acdii