So I finally tinted my Fusion! I was looking at the Formula One Pinnacle and Llumar CTX series, but ended up getting the Suntek Carbon XP film. It's a Non-Metal, Nano-Hybrid, Carbon Construction that's signal enabling and did 35% on the front windows and 20% on the rear windows.

Well, here it is:

IMG_20130601_100226.jpg

IMG_20130601_100255.jpg

IMG_20130601_100241.jpg

I love it!

Looks good. Is the Suntek Carbon XP film better than the pinnacle or llumnar stuff? Are you still happy with the 35% sides and 20% back?

I had mine done 2 weeks ago. Suntek tint. Front windows 35%, to stay legal, back passenger windows 15%, and rear window 20%. It really looks sharp.

^^^^ Wow that's dark! I personally don't like it when the front/rear sides don't match. Looks too much like an SUV or minivan to me. :)

We're getting ours done on the 21st. Our 2010 (White Platinum Tri-coat) had 20% on the rear window and 25% on the sides, but I think I'm just going with 35% all around on the TB 2014.

Dave

Edited by dkegel

I think mine will be done tomorrow, depends on how long it takes for them to get the car back from the body shop.

I had mine done by the dealer before I actually took possession. I don't know what the % are, I just told them to tint the maximum legal tint, so sides and rear are the same. Judging by the pic below, "legal" tint is not too dark!

IMG_0784_zps409b0319.jpg

Eager to see mine after its tinted.

Are you getting yours tinted while its at the dealer? If yes what are paying maybe you can hook me up as well. Please ;-)

Are you getting yours tinted while its at the dealer? If yes what are paying maybe you can hook me up as well. Please ;-)

It is supposed to be done today, I will let you know when they give me a price on it.

Mine was tinted at the dealer at no cost to me. Love the tint.

At no cost? Are they desperate to sell FFHs? I've never heard of a dealer doing anything like that for free!

At no cost? Are they desperate to sell FFHs? I've never heard of a dealer doing anything like that for free!

Yeah, no kidding. He must have paid too much for his car. :)

Dave

We got the dealer to throw in the full tint and pin striping at no cost.

Well two things got taken care of today at acdii's dealer.

DRLs are enabled +

Window tint is installed

The picture is property of acdii we missed each other by minutes when he dropped off his MKT which was parked right next to mine when I picked it up.

26B7ECA0-1450-42B8-B9A1-C426DFBDA341_zps

Sorry that she is so dirty she was very clean and shiny on Sunday after a bath. Unfortunately we had 0.1" of snow but they put about .5" of salt on the road. The interstate was completely white yesterday morning but from dry salt not snow.

Edited by corncobs

Its too bad they were busy today, they sometimes wash the cars when they are slow. My wife was giving me that "look" or I would have stuck around a bit longer. The car looks really good too. Whats funny is they put the same tint on yours as they did mine, but since my car is black it looks darker.

So did Gene take good care of you today?

Its too bad they were busy today, they sometimes wash the cars when they are slow. My wife was giving me that "look" or I would have stuck around a bit longer. The car looks really good too. Whats funny is they put the same tint on yours as they did mine, but since my car is black it looks darker.

Perhaps I need to make a trip to Chicago the next time our FFH needs service ;)

Glad things worked out, corncobs

Yes it's the same tint they measured about 33% which is within limits as he explained. I like the contrast quite a bit red and black always looks cool.

I was actually surprised that they were able to get me the appointment today they are really busy.

If it wouldn't be so far out of my way I could see myself being a service customer. I was sitting in the waiting room for about an hour waiting for my wife to pick me up. They seem to be a fun team when the sales forces showed up.

@ HB I pretty sure acdii can hook you up if you ever make a road trip to northern Illinois.

Which sales guys did you get to meet? Sean is the head honcho over there and Bruce is my sales man, but they ALL know me.

They didn't really introduce themself but based on the pictures on their website I saw them all. They were making fun of Debbie because she was 2 min late and coffee wasn't ready. ;) I think Bruce walked in first.

Edited by corncobs

I picked the MKT up last night, both rear seats floors were replaced and looking good. I also got an email from their Finance manager that the GAP issued the final check. WOOHOO! One less stress event to be concerned of. Best $600 I ever spent.

For all those with a tinted back window is it just my imagination or does the tint film remove the distortion from the curved glass?

There are new reflections from the wires but the cars behind don't look funky anymore.

Never really noticed distortion in mine, but then I had it tinted not long after getting it.