Da0ne

Recall Notice FUEL DELIVERY MODULE REPLACEMENT

Mine has the recall. Went to dealer service today and they confirmed it. Parts are on order but no estimate on availability. Dealer will call me when parts come in. Service order indicates fuel pump and gasket on order.

Hey lookie there, now I have another one when I go into Etis.

Outstanding Field Service Actions

13B03 - INSTALL LEATHER SHIFTER KNOB

13S04 - FUEL DELIVERY MODULE REPLACEMENT

I hope they give you the multi-defect discount :)

I hope they give you the multi-defect discount :)

Nah, I only have two... unlike this one (one of the old TBD hangar queens that was built on Oct 10th and may very well still be sitting in Hermosillo, who knows):

Outstanding Field Service Actions

12C27 - HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT

12A04 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE

12M02 - L INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)

13B02 - HEADLINER WRINKLES

13S04 - FUEL DELIVERY MODULE REPLACEMENT

You can add mine too. I have the recall notice on Ford Owner. Built 11/01/12

So spoke with the service manager today and he confirmed my poor sexy lilly has been leaking gas so they ordered a new part hopefully that dont break but he wont get it until sometime next week so i will be picking up a rental today since my truck only get 11 mpg in the city and takes about 17-18 gallons to fill

So spoke with the service manager today and he confirmed my poor sexy lilly has been leaking gas so they ordered a new part hopefully that dont break but he wont get it until sometime next week so i will be picking up a rental today since my truck only get 11 mpg in the city and takes about 17-18 gallons to fill

Is Ford paying for your rental, given you obviously have a dangerous situation?

Is Ford paying for your rental, given you obviously have a dangerous situation?

yeah they will reimburse me when they return my car

Anyone know how many hours labor is allotted for the recall?

I also have the recall notice and am from Job 1.

Anyone know how many hours labor is allotted for the recall?

they didnt say and today makes a week they have my car and as i was writing this the service manager called saying there is no eta on the parts so keep driving around in the rental and he will call me Friday or Monday to keep me updated

Edited by Da0ne

they didnt say and today makes a week they have my car and as i was writing this the service manager called saying there is no eta on the parts so keep driving around in the rental and he will call me Friday or Monday to keep me updated

General recall announcement says parts available July 15th.

General recall announcement says parts available July 15th.

well then ford going to get a nice bill for my rental

I reported this in the Battery Saver topic. We took the FFH in for the reprogramming of the dc/dc module yesterday morning. They also did work on the gear shift knob and fuel delivery module replacements per the recalls. They kept our FFH overnight as the tech still had the gas tank off at quitting time. I read on an Explorer forum that Ford recalled 465,000 vehicles after 600 owners complained about the smell of gas or saw gas on the ground, Does it remind anyone of the Pinto fiasco of 1978? Gotta be costing Ford big time money.

That's when they estimated they would have enough parts stock to handle the recall population. They don't want everyone bringing in their cars and asking for the recall service before they can handle the problem of spares.

That's when they estimated they would have enough parts stock to handle the recall population. They don't want everyone bringing in their cars and asking for the recall service before they can handle the problem of spares.

i wish that was the case with mine but it is cracked and leaking gas according to the service manager that why he told me keep using the rental i will call you by the end of the week or Monday with any updates

plus they waiting on the washer to fix the clicking sound also

The Service Manager at my dealer has replaced two so far. They pay for a rental car for the day and they will replace the units when the "fix" comes out.

You arranged the rental yourself? I'd be very careful with that. Why didn't the dealer arrange it for you at Ford's contract rate with Enterprise? I'm guessing that if your rental costs more than Ford's contract rate they aren't going to pay it. I would have the dealer do the arrangements and be the payee on the rental so you don't get stuck with that expense out of pocket...

The dealer confirmed yesterday that our Fuel Delivery Module does not leak so they will not be ordering and replacing any parts. I wonder what will happen with the cars that don't leak when Ford gets an updated part that shouldn't break since they're saying that the ones replaced now might break again...

The dealer confirmed yesterday that our Fuel Delivery Module does not leak so they will not be ordering and replacing any parts. I wonder what will happen with the cars that don't leak when Ford gets an updated part that shouldn't break since they're saying that the ones replaced now might break again...

That sure sounds like a future litigation ...

You arranged the rental yourself? I'd be very careful with that. Why didn't the dealer arrange it for you at Ford's contract rate with Enterprise? I'm guessing that if your rental costs more than Ford's contract rate they aren't going to pay it. I would have the dealer do the arrangements and be the payee on the rental so you don't get stuck with that expense out of pocket...

Amen! My dealer ended up with a multi-week rental for my service problems. They stepped up on day 1 and provided a rental billed to them.

no ford did the arrangement

well since its a recall they are going to have to change it at some point especially since its faulty, same thing happen with my 07 corolla when they recalled the ECM nothing wrong with mine but they still wanted to change it as a precaution

yeah they will reimburse me when they return my car

no ford did the arrangement

Glad to hear that you aren't paying out of pocket and then waiting for reimbursement from Ford. When you said earlier that they "will reimburse you" that made it sound like you had to pay out of pocket first and then submit your bill to them. Glad to know that you will never see the rental bill. Thanks.

Yeah thats what the service manager said originally

My service department did an inspection and confirmed no leak. However, they did tell me that the fuel delivery module will be replaced at a later date when he receives the new parts. They will contact me when the parts get in.