GrySql

Spare Tire for FFH with 18" Wheels/Tires

As an FYI, the overall diameter between the 17" and 18" tires is roughly the same, so the spare tire listed will work with either size wheeled car.

The 17" tire is 26.25

The 18" tire is 26.33

Less than 1/8th inch difference. Put some miles on those 18's and the 1/8th" goes away.

Wow how in the world, oh never mind, some people are just clueless. Make sure all the systems are tested before you take the car back, you have all those sensors in the font for the parking that could get damaged. My mom had her MKS repaired after an incident and after they got the body work done, they found the adaptive cruise no longer functioned so it spent 2 days in the dealer getting that fixed too.

The radar for the cruise is in the lower grill on the drivers side, if you look at the lower grill there is a section that is closed up, its behind that.

I had it seen it mentioned specifically, but this would be of use as well

related to the 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

1. Size/Specs of lug nut wrench needed or specific examples

2. Size/type/specs of jack needed or specific examples

3. Specific inflation pressure of spare as specified in this thread.

I am guessing these just inflate to the pressure identified on the tire itself.

In case anybody is interested, you can buy the listed spare tire only from TireRack new

135/90R-16 Continental CST 17 - $103.00 and about $18.42 to ship to east coast.

Dealer wanted $160 + tax and would take a few weeks. TireRack has it and

ships immediately. Since it's been figured this tire and the said rim work, this

makes the most sense.

You have to call them, not listed on their website. There are used ones on EBay,

but they come with a rim you can't use and you don't know the condition of the tire.

So you don't have to deal with this issue which I had a few weeks ago! Fortunately

I was at home and it killed the morning. Glad it wasn't February with the nail I got

in my tire...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/FmYrsD-xF3ANsyrqiQJgtTGH63Rqfc_AIQcjlQsGTG0=w276-h207-p-no

TMK still in unused state! Probably would not have worked as that nail was all the way through.

I finally got my spare mounted and placed in the trunk. It fits great either up or down, but I mounted it outside of

rim up and locked it down. There is room to spare and move it a bit, it is not jammed in there at all. You have

room on the sides and maybe underneath, but no room for TMK in the wheel well and the foam insert is out

completely. TIre inflates to 60psi and I made sure the valve was accessible to check it periodically.

Does not bulge out and the cover fits flat on there. I put the jack (from a 2011 Fusion - works fine) and

the TMK into a small canvas bad and tucked it away. Not too much room, but safe and compact in

there.

FrankenSpare

I finally got my spare mounted and placed in the trunk. It fits great either up or down, but I mounted it outside of

rim up and locked it down. There is room to spare and move it a bit, it is not jammed in there at all. You have

room on the sides and maybe underneath, but no room for TMK in the wheel well and the foam insert is out

completely. TIre inflates to 60psi and I made sure the valve was accessible to check it periodically.

Does not bulge out and the cover fits flat on there. I put the jack (from a 2011 Fusion - works fine) and

the TMK into a small canvas bad and tucked it away. Not too much room, but safe and compact in

there.

I second everything here, including the pic. Followed the order instructions exactly, and it worked perfectly, so thanks for all of the info on how to do this!

Of course that Altima rim won't fix the Fusion and the salvage guys selling it won't sell just the tire, otherwise I would

have went with one of those. But if you're pretty sure it's the Continental CST17, and in decent shape,

may be worth going for and you'd save a few bucks.