DeeCee

Picture upload test

Oh the Maruader is badass! They put the DOHC from the Mustang in it and tweaked the suspension. I wanted one, but I would wear it out in no time, thus losing its badassness in the process. A Marauder is a collectors car, one that you take out in nice weather, like a Corvette. I see one occasionally on nice days, the guy keeps it polished, and it is one sweet ride.

Img 1049

Trying to see how you guys get the full picture imbedded in the post. Don't think this is it. (Now that I looked back at page one, maybe the IMG prefix/suffix is the key).

Edited by gemdc

If doing it on a PC, look above the reply box for the icon that looks like a picture. Click on that and put in the url where the image is located. For me I post a lot of my Facebook stuff that way.

URL https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31/1523361_657257920983012_662946323_o.jpg

1523361_657257920983012_662946323_o.jpg

Wow that was yesterday and I already have 15835 on it.

Edited by acdii

Img 1053a

OK. Well, since I have the picture in my gallery here on the forum, I would think just the thumbnail in a post is probably sufficient. Most people will click on a small picture and that will apparently take them to my gallery picture then another click shows it larger. Guess using a picture storage site is the common way to get full pics embedded in a post. I have a personal web site where I do my picture storage and not sure that is a good location to link to from a forum. May be worth an experiment though.

IMG_0888.JPG

Now try picking a slide out of the Jalbum generated folder on my web site: (had to replace part of the URL with a vanilla reference without his trickery)

Edited by gemdc

Yes, once I figured how my Jalbum software dinks with the actual URL.

Another question - Can you link to a picture in the forum gallery directly like I did with the one above? I am guessing you have to let the forum take you there from a thumbnail.

Yes, once I figured how my Jalbum software dinks with the actual URL.

Another question - Can you link to a picture in the forum gallery directly like I did with the one above? I am guessing you have to let the forum take you there from a thumbnail.

You could copy the URL of the specific pic when you have your gallery open and post it as a link. I don't think the site will let you post a full size embedded pic from your gallery.

Thanks, hybridbear and acdii for the help with the picture posting process. I can just resize and ftp pictures I might want to embed up to my storage and use those here. The gallery has it's advantages too.

Getting 52 mpg is a very nice start!

I was playing around with the engage and empower displays and reset it at a certain point. That 52 MPG represents about 14 miles of driving under favorable conditions so it is not very "real world".

I know problem is that I almost never use a regular PC or the regular website. I always use my iPhone or iPad with the websites mobile version so I don't have the picture option.

I know problem is that I almost never use a regular PC or the regular website. I always use my iPhone or iPad with the websites mobile version so I don't have the picture option.

Use Safari with the full version.