Also it's probably a good idea (no matter what product you use) to make a note of the date of the action(s) that was completed, to help keep track. It's easy to forget, as I waxed my car about a month after I got it, but it could have been two months or more, I don't remember. So last week I did the clay/polish/wax and figured geez I better write this down somewhere to remember when it was done.

So I have a spreadsheet where I log fill-ups anyway, and have added a tab to track clay/wax actions.... for those that don't maintain one of those but log their fill-ups in fuelly, a note can be added to the next fill on fuelly with the date and action and serve the same purpose.

Picked up our car last week. Now, after reading and studying, and researching, and studying and reading........

I just purchased the Zaino kit.

I am not one to wash and wax regularly but am willing to put a full day into making this brand new car looking better than the day I purchased it.

And then I'll do it again a couple years from now.... :)

Man I dont know WHAT is in the air around here, but my car feels all gritty again. Good this the weekend is a day away, going to give it a good sponge bath and make her smooth again, then I will wash the car.

I only use the Zaino car wash, so that wouldnt be it, I just think it got too much crap on it from driving. I will know after I give it another wash.

Just think how much time is saved using Zaino and only needing to do it once a year. ;)

My experience was exactly the opposite. Spent 5 hours on the clay bar.... and 45 minutes to polish with Zaino... then of course wait and wipe off.

It took more effort to wax it then to do the clay bar.

It does take longer to wax the car. Especially using a hard Carnuba paste wax. It also takes more effort to rub it on and wipe it off, so you get a good workout waxing.

Thats why I prefer using Zaino.

Before I traded up to the 2013 I had clayed and waxed the 2010. It took me 3 times as long to wax it than it did to give the new one 2 coats of Z. I was a bit sore the next day in my upper body too. I used Meguiars paste cleaner/wax in the Blue can. It did a nice job, but was a pain to work with.

Was that real Zymol, or the crap sold at Wallyworld? Real Zymol is good stuff, still a wax, but good wax.