Sign in to follow this  
Rosskk80

Twin tailpipes on hybrid?

Doing these kinds of things isn't my cup of tea but I understand how it appeals to others. My question is what does doing stuff like this do to the resale value of the car?

That depends on how it was done, what was done, and the right person liking it, otherwise it makes it harder to sell.

That depends on how it was done, what was done, and the right person liking it, otherwise it makes it harder to sell.

That's for sure. No matter how good it looks or how much you love it, 90% of the time it makes it harder to sell. And usually dealers shun your vehicle or low ball you at trade-in time. :)

One thing I learned from all the cars I have owned, Whatever bling you put on, make sure it can be put back to normal with no damage! Sometimes what you might think looks great, to someone else might look cheesy. When I had the Fusion Sport and 2010 Flex I used Chrome edge guards on the doors. On the Sport it looked good enough that the dealer left them on, car sold in under a week. The Flex they removed them all, and noted that the rear doors had rubbed into the pillar a bit.

With the 3D Carbon kit - you don't need the factory lower - it's been on back order for a while - this saved $321 on the Eco-boost tailpipe conversion - post pictures soon

Interesting. I got a body shop to quote me on converting the Hybrid Titanium single exhaust to dual. The parts alone were somewhere near 900 (I'd have to go check). Total was 1,400. So what I think you are saying is I don't need Ford PN DS7Z-17810-DAPTM or DS7Z-17K922-CA if I intend on getting the 3D Carbon kit Rear Lower Skirt PN 692036 for 178.50. Only Ford parts needed are the two tips? Correct? Is the Lower Skirt 3 pieces or 2? And it comes primed, not painted I assume. Also, does the Front Air Dam go over existing parts or replace? Thanks for all the info so far!

Edited by Ohmster

The right and left tip were about - $150 each then you need the middle of the bumper not the lower if you are doing the 3D Kit

The required parts were under $400 - I have a tux black car and used SEM trim black to do the middle

This is the parts quote I have:

• Lower Trim Panel w/park sensors w/dual exhaust (DS7Z17K922CA) $197.40
  • Valance panel w/auto park primed (DS7Z1810DAPTM) $322.68 - not needed if you get 3D Carbon Kit Lower Skirt for 178.50??
  • Exhaust Tips (DS7Z1F827A and B) 199.37 each

Hyabrid, can you share where you bought the OEM parts from as some of my pricing seems higher. You mentioned the tips at $150 ea vs my $199 ea. Our valence pricing is about the same based on your previous posts.

On a side note, I have the same shop quoting me $350 do to the grill in black and $150/wheel to paint. Does anyone have experience with painted wheels? Is it durable?

Hyabrid,

Last question. I looked at your pix (nice!) and reread some of your earlier posts. You installed only the front and rear 3D pieces correct? How do the lines look from the sides without the side skirts? Are the front and rear pieces lower than the OEM skirt? I'd like to only do the rear piece (with the dual conversion) if I can get away with it, but am 'concerned' that the low point of the rear piece by the wheel will be lower than the OEM skirt on the other side of the wheel. Could you post a picture of your side profile? Thanks!