neod192

Zaino time!

Looking good, mine was a two day ordeal as well but mainly because I had to go drink beer and host a BBQ on Saturday. :party: I have to say I love that color in pictures but for some reason every time I have seen in it person I can't seem to enjoy it, I think it's because pictures usually don't capture how much color change there really is from different reflections/light sources. That being said it was still going to be my second choice had I had to reorder because of the fiasco with my dealership.

Holy cow that is one shiny FFH HyTi; I have to try this myself that looks awesome.

I had to give the Lady a quick bath yesterday after rinsing down my motorcycle left limescale spots on the trunk lit and roof from our hard water here, man were they hard to get off.

I still haven't brought myself to do it. I have all the products and after I'm done washing it (which takes me an hour or so) I think about how long it's going to take to clay it, wash it again, then apply the polish. It seems like it's a 5 or 6 hour ordeal. Ugh. Ha.

Edited by Riggo

I still haven't brought myself to do it. I have all the products and after I'm done washing it "which takes me an hour or so" I think about how long it's going to take to clay it, wash it again, then apply the polish. It seems like it's a 5 or 6 hour ordeal. Ugh. Ha.

Yeah, it took me a long time too. Washed and clayed it Friday and used Z-AIO & Z-5 on Saturday. Edited by neod192

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Man that is one fantastic shine!!!!!!! I have to redo my Flex though, I had forgotten that Z5 needs Z1 polish lok, and I dont have any, so when I applied it, it didnt stay put. :( Going to order some AIO next week, and do it over again! That shine is awesome!

Yeah, it took me a long time too. Washed and clayed it Friday and used Z-AIO & Z-5 on Saturday.

So did you wash, clay, and then z-aio? I thought you had to wash again after you clayed. If not that would be a little bit of a time saver for me I guess.

So did you wash, clay, and then z-aio? I thought you had to wash again after you clayed. If not that would be a little bit of a time saver for me I guess.

I washed, clay'd, dried, Z-AIO'd. I used a car wash/water solution as my lubricant for the clay bar, so that left a lot of soapy solution on the car. I rinsed the car and dried it really well. Once dry and water spot free (the biggest pain in the a$$ IMO) I could apply Z-AIO. Once Z-AIO was applied to the whole car I took a clean towel and buffed it all. Then it was ready for Z-5 and re-buffing.

On the new cars you can use Meguiares detailer spray to clay bar it with. That is as long as Wax was never applied to it, but the soapy solution works good too. The only drawback to soapy water is the clay absorbs it. I had the Mothers clay bars turn to mush after a while, but the Zaino bars held up much longer, in fact still using the first bar that I got several years ago. The second one is still wrapped up nice and tight. It outlasted the Mothers bars 3-1.

the magaiurs detail spray can be found at places like auto zone, right?..and the zaino products need to be ordered online?

and if u use the magaiars detail spray instead of dawn spray you won't need to wash between clay and polish?

and, another probably dumb question..I guess you do all surfaces, Windows, chrome, painted surfaces etc with the exact same process?

Right! Meguiars, mothers products are just about any where, but Zaino is only available from Zainobros.com. They have fast shipping though so you can get it in a few days. Next week I will order their triplets and see how they compare to the Z5.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-TRIP

Actually since I already have the Z8 I may just try the Z-CS and AIO instead. On the Tuxedo Black this should look amazing!

and, another probably dumb question..I guess you do all surfaces, Windows, chrome, painted surfaces etc with the exact same process?

You can if you want. I have not had any problems using Zaino on glass and chrome or even on plastic. It just doesnt bond to plastic and glass like it does to paint, but looks good for a while until it wears off. I have used Rain-X on the glass, but never used the clay bar on it.

Do you wash between the zaino with detailer spray process before z ing it?..Lol.You gotta spell it out for me!#.I've owned new cars in the past but never one that I was.in love with before I ever laid eyes on it! probably would have never attempted this process on them, but will on my ruby red hyti!#

If applying a second coat of Z, its best to wipe it down with the Z6 spray and then apply the second coat.

meant to say do u wash.after claying with the detailer spray before you do the z5

On Zaino's website the instructions for claying it say to wash AGAIN after you clay.

"When you're finished claying your car, you should wash it with Z-7 Show Car Wash to remove the lubricant film."

This is the reason I haven't done it yet, I've been too lazy :-). Washing, claying, washing again, then applying the polish.. AHHHH!!! It's an all day affair.

On Zaino's website the instructions for claying it say to wash AGAIN after you clay.

"When you're finished claying your car, you should wash it with Z-7 Show Car Wash to remove the lubricant film."

This is the reason I haven't done it yet, I've been too lazy :-). Washing, claying, washing again, then applying the polish.. AHHHH!!! It's an all day affair.

I guess it all depends on what lubricant you use. I used water to "wash off" the car-wash detergent and a chamois from AutoZone + towels to dry it off. The car wash lubricant didn't seem to get into the clay bar. It got thin a few times, but I just folded it again and it was as good as new.

As a Father's Day present to myself, I gave my Fusion it's first bath after applying Zaino :)

IMG_20130616_140037.jpg

IMG_20130616_140108.jpg

IMG_20130616_140048.jpg

Z-6 really brings that shine back after a wash!

Ok, zaino Z6, Z8 or Z CS?..it seems like all three can be used as a final step in the detailing process, and can be used as quick touch up after washing for maintenance of the shine. if I'm only going to get one, which do u like the best?

Z8 is OK, but not really needed. Z-CS is a top coat. Z6 is detailer spray like Meguiars detailer spray but formulated to bond with Z2, Z5 or AIO. For me the verdict is still out on the Z8, havent really seen a reason to spend the cash on it from the few times I used it.

For average detailing, you know, the wash, wax and do it again in a few months kind of person, AIO+ ZCS+Z6 and enjoy. I go the extra steps of adding multiple layers because I am lazy. I do it once and thats it for the year, with an occasional spray over of Z6 when I feel like it. This is why I dont go the wax route, I dont really have the time to go out every couple month to rewax the car, when I can do the Z once in spring and enjoy the slickness until winter. I nave never been able to get that with wax, the slickness goes after the second or third washing. I also find that applying wax takes more effort to really work it in than it does to use Z, and wax usually gunks up plastic and is a pain to remove.

So, clay bar

AIO

Z5

ZCS

Z6

is that the order you would apply if these are the products I have?

Yep, but use Z6 between each step. It helps remove any residue left over from the previous step. You dont need it after the CS though, but can if you want to.