Terps

First detailing

Finally got around to doing the clay/polish/wax thing on this beast. It sure is a whole lot more surface area than my old Mazda Protege was but it shines like crazy now.

I used all Meguiar's products this time around, starting with their clay kit, Ultimate Polish and finished with Ultimate Wax. Even got adventurous and waxed the wheels and they look amazing as well!

Enjoy the pictures.

ZeRX8FT.jpg

csNlMLW.jpg

YHJ5sUu.jpg

0TFI48A.jpg

And now the unfortunate pictures of my taillight that has a leak on the top seam.

After the initial wash:

wrrCel3.jpg

And after a day of driving around in the heat:

FfNlDyD.jpg

:censored:

Looks great! Sorry to seal the tail light condensation. Have you brought this up to dealer yet?

Will a detail shop do the claying thing?. I would love to have it done when my hyti gets here.

Will a detail shop do the claying thing?. I would love to have it done when my hyti gets here.

I'm sure they would, maybe not a shop but someone who does detailing through their own company as themselves. Just check around for references in your area, or do it yourself - took maybe 4 hours of my time and ~$60-80 to do everything and this was my first time claying a car. I can definitely tell you that you want it clayed though, even though the paint looked good and felt smooth there was a huge difference before and after.

Looks great! Sorry to seal the tail light condensation. Have you brought this up to dealer yet?

Yeah I took it in Saturday to talk to them about the clicking noise TSB as well as to show them since I had just washed the car that morning and those pictures were the result. Of course their service writer was not in on a Saturday so I have to bring it back in for "digital imaging" so they can get Ford to replace it under warranty. I guess my pictures and the fact that the service manager was the one who looked at it Saturday are not enough :headscratch: .

zaino, mothers, meguair's which one for clay, polish, wax

I used Meguiar's products and am very happy with the performance. Many people swear by Zaino and depending on the color they have different polishes available that suit lite/dark colors better. I know I have read reviews that the Mothers clay does not last very long, but other than that I didn't really look in to their products. I know Zaino has a kit with pretty much everything you would need for around $80 + shipping I believe, I pieced together my Meguiar's stuff for around $60-80 shipped off of amazon as well so price is fairly comparable.

The clay bars from Zaino outlast the Mothers 3 to 1. , Difference is you can go to any auto store and get it. I used the Meguiars Gold Class Cleaner Wax on my 10 today and it did a very nice job.

I just order a $100 full set of Zaino products today; hopefully I can get somewhat close to some of the result of others showcasing there cars here.

I just order a $100 full set of Zaino products today; hopefully I can get somewhat close to some of the result of others showcasing there cars here.

I believe you will be just fine, with how much it seems that acdii drools over the stuff it has to be good. I just went with the Meguiar's on Amazon because that is my first instinct for any internet purchases with our Prime membership and I have used their products before with no problems.

I believe you will be just fine, with how much it seems that acdii drools over the stuff it has to be good. I just went with the Meguiar's on Amazon because that is my first instinct for any internet purchases with our Prime membership and I have used their products before with no problems.

I almost jump on the Meguiar's package on Amazon as well especially with the amount of very good reviews but I remembered the statement about the quality of the clay bars so I went with Zaino.

We shall see about the result; I think when the dealer applied the paint protection package they did a good job cleaning it before hand the Lady seems to be pretty smooth ;-)

I dont drool over it, do I? :drool:

Ask Neod how he likes the Z! His car looks amazing in those pics. BTW nothing wrong with Meguiars, I used their Gold Class cleaner wax on the 2010 yesterday since I am out of Z1 and ZFX and the Z5 doesn't work without it. Only drawback is that it wears off/deteriorates over time and has to be reapplied. And that is why I like the Z. :yahoo:

I dont drool over it, do I? :drool:

Ask Neod how he likes the Z! His car looks amazing in those pics. BTW nothing wrong with Meguiars, I used their Gold Class cleaner wax on the 2010 yesterday since I am out of Z1 and ZFX and the Z5 doesn't work without it. Only drawback is that it wears off/deteriorates over time and has to be reapplied. And that is why I like the Z. :yahoo:

He likes it, likes it a lot :) Too bad it rained this morning on the way to work and it got wet ... ! I do like how the water just beads no the paint now though :)

Same here! Spent a few hours detailing the 10 so it looks nice when I drop it off, and it RAINED! :( At least the Wax worked and the water just rolls right off. But now my windows are dirty again.

I did try my new Zaino package on my wife's car today well let me tell you this stuff is holy cow. I didn't do the whole car yet just the rear panel and the RR passenger door but the result is very impressive smooth like a baby butt.

OOH I need to order some AIO! I have a car I need to use it on, let me rephrase that, I will have a car to use it on in the next day or so.

I bought a groupon 50% off for

7 - Super Exterior Detail
Three different steps that your car needs that will make it look like brand new.
Clay bar ( A Detailers Secret): Designed to pull of contamination; break dust, over spray, rain dust, industrial fall out of the paint. It gives it that smooth as a glass feeling.
Compound: Designed to remove non-major scratches, acid rain, swirls, holograms, and other light to moderate defects on the factory paint.
Wax: Prevent damage from sun. Best finishing touch that brings out an extra shine/ gloss.
As an extra free service, will include a Deluxe Inside: Complete interior & trunk vacuum, hand wash and dry with chamois, clean of windows outside and inside; including sun roof and back, cleaning of dash, door panels, door jams, console area, and dress tires with almoral.
Normally $158. $79 with the groupon. it's a few blocks away from my house, so it's very convenient. And it's so hot out now, that it will be well worth the money, if they do a good job

I used a Porter Cable DA 7424 XP from Chemical guys. Clay bar from Mothers and their 3 step process. Finished it off with Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax and their Deep Reflections finish.
Dorothy wished the Ruby Slippers looked this ruby red.
Chemical Guys V7 is great to use for touching up the car, as is the Showtime Detailer from the Mothers clay bar system.

I used my last vacation day to finish up the Lady's first Zaino job.

The result is very nice but you be the judge. My wife's Explorer got the same treatment and looks also amazing.

974EDF31-B829-4CA9-B8D7-6B6641B6C086-608

969BEE6C-3C00-43BF-A1AA-8A08F283FAC8-608

FFDAB6A9-7C69-49F0-AD77-08358A6915D2-608

Well I saw a RR HyTi at Coilcraft today, guess it wasnt yours! LOL How do you like it, thats what matter most.

I used my last vacation day to finish up the Lady's first Zaino job.

The result is very nice but you be the judge. My wife's Explorer got the same treatment and looks also amazing.

974EDF31-B829-4CA9-B8D7-6B6641B6C086-608

969BEE6C-3C00-43BF-A1AA-8A08F283FAC8-608

FFDAB6A9-7C69-49F0-AD77-08358A6915D2-608

It looks spectacular! Question though - is that a scratch on the hood in the first picture, or a shadow?

Well I saw a RR HyTi at Coilcraft today, guess it wasnt yours! LOL How do you like it, thats what matter most.

I love it just like you and others said it's like glass.

Unfortunately I found the first small dent on the passenger side and wife's car well that's whole different story. Now that's so clean and shiny you can see all the scratches, stone chips from 110k miles and the bad paint jobs they did from repainting certain parts of the car before we bought it.

It looks spectacular! Question though - is that a scratch on the hood in the first picture, or a shadow?

Thanks and funny that you saw this! I freaked out for a moment after I added the pictures but it's not scratch. Looking at the pic closer I actually believe it's the reflection from the Explorer's roof rack which is chrome.

Whew! Glad to hear it's not a scratch! I got my first ding/chip about a month or so ago, just a minuscule pebble chip, but it was killing me every time I walked out to the car! I ended up buying touch up paint and applied a tiny drop and it filled the chip nicely. I can still see it, but I'm sure nobody else can!