SigmaOutdoors

EV+ Shows up occasionally - what does it mean?

Maybe not uphill, but bet you can get quite a charge on it going downhill! :)

I found it useless. Turned it off after the first 1k miles. It only works some times and would like to save the power it uses to connect to gps satellites towards miles per gallons. yeah.

It does. I noticed that too. When I had the bumper painted, the EV+ would show up at 14 and 173, I guess that is where the bumper was done. It no longer shows up there, but shows up at my Dealer, however, I realized that it isn't the dealer that got tagged, I get gas across the street from it.

The only place my EV+ comes on is when I get to about 1/4 mile from home. During my house remodel I have been going to Lowes and Home Depot almost daily for months. I park in the same spot every time at both locations (ding free zone!), yet EV+ never comes on. I also shop at the Commissary on base almost daily, and again, park in the safest spot. Still, no EV+. Very frustrating. :gaah:

Have also noticed this - and always about 1/2 to 1/4 mile from home.

Be sure to read beyond the first post in the thread. ;)

My FFH has been parked at a new location for almost two weeks under a carport with a steel roof. It has not learned his new home (i.e. no EV+ for this new location). Is it because of the steel roof? I'm also wondering how much of a drain EV+ places on the 12 volt battery when it is parked?

My FFH has been parked at a new location for almost two weeks under a carport with a steel roof. It has not learned his new home (i.e. no EV+ for this new location). Is it because of the steel roof? I'm also wondering how much of a drain EV+ places on the 12 volt battery when it is parked?

Some places are less receptive to being picked up, for unknown reason. I have a thread on the Energi forum where the MFM app shows my car (about once every 1-2 months) parked at various locations in the ocean around the world, and after more thought I realize that it has only occurred when parked at the Chargepoint charging station down the road from my office. Also noteworthy (and related to this thread) is that the car was parked at that Chargepoint station 185 times last year and the car still hasn't saved it as an EV+ location. So maybe I should rename the charge location as "the twilight zone" as no idea why the EV+ has never saved, either before the 14E02 PCM update a couple months ago, or in the dozens or times I've parked there since the PCM update.

NONE.

EV+ is triggered when it gets close to a place it has been a LOT of times before.......and ends when you turn it off.

It is mostly a gimmick. Don't worry about it.

I also quickly came to see this "feature" in the same light. It works, or at least is activated, as advertised when I approach my home. However, at the neighborhood speed limit, and considering the entire stretch is level to slightly downhill, the car would be in EV mode anyhow. It has never come on for any other location I frequently drive to, including work. Pretty sure I go there a lot.

I also quickly came to see this "feature" in the same light. It works, or at least is activated, as advertised when I approach my home. However, at the neighborhood speed limit, and considering the entire stretch is level to slightly downhill, the car would be in EV mode anyhow. It has never come on for any other location I frequently drive to, including work. Pretty sure I go there a lot.

On the other hand, if your house is on a hill in your neighborhood (as mine is), the EV+ is a benefit as it uses the HVB as much as possible rather than the ICE.

The theory behind EV+ is that as your near your destination you want to use up as much battery as possible since the ICE will kick on soon after you leave to warm up and can charge the battery then. It's designed to improve overall MPGs, but depending on your circumstances there might be times you want it off. Sometimes I will turn it off if I know it will actually hurt MPGs by running the battery down too low, or if I'm just driving near a frequent destination but not actually stopping there. it is fairly easy to turn on and off using the left side steering wheel buttons

Good post.

I didn't realize it, but this makes a lot of sense especially in the winter. There is probably no need for the engine to run and charge the battery when your close to home and going to park it.

Since the engine is going to run the next morning when you turn the heat on, it might as well charge the battery also...The engine will do 2 jobs at the same time...