elle

Cracking noise FIX

Equus is doing this too. To think, Hyundai used to be toss aside cars, and Kia too, now they have a 46K car in their lineup.

I'm happy to say, almost 2200 miles and no clicking, so looks like they did get the problem solved by the time mine hit the line. The other one was quite noticeable. When my wife gets out of the car and stops me when I start to roll and asks, Whats that noise? you know it was loud.

Just curious, is there anybody who is in the process of this fix who is *NOT* getting both axles done at the same time?

I need to check with my dealer to see if the parts have come in yet and I suppose I want to make sure he has

2 sets to do left and right axles. UPDATE - Dealer said he has 2 on order for me and release date is 07/28

- whatever that means.

Also, do the parts come in as a kit? My dealer said he was buying the parts from another dealer - I guess as

a favor to me - but not sure why alot of people are getting bits and pieces of the fix and not the full set of

parts? The TSB clearly lists all the parts together. Why would they get some parts or the wrong parts?

Point of note - I actually went to two dealers for the part - the first had me bring it in, confirmed the problem

and ordered the parts. I was the first person to claim this issue. They absolutely could not order parts without

a confirmed problem and a vehicle to tie them to.

Then I happened to be at the dealer I purchased from and I ask the service manager about the TSB and the parts.

He said, yes he knew of the problem, and he was ordering "many" kits for stock (at least 8 sets). He took my name

and said he'd reserve a set for me. I checked and I am waiting on these as well. So whichever dealer gets the

parts first, I'll go to. So clearly the dealers can get these parts any way they want to. They only get paid for them

once they do the work on a specific car.

So clearly

Edited by smr2112

My dealer called me to say he is now ordering TSB parts from a Ford central parts hub out of Detroit and

at my request, he put in an order for 2 sets (both axles). Know I need at least 1 axle, but said

I want to make sure they have 2 sets so as not to waste time when I do bring the car in.

The parts are only about $20 so they had no problem doing this. But the interesting thing

is they had originally told me they were ordering "many" of the repair kits with 1 to be reserved

for me, but now they tell me they will only order if you have the confirmed problem.

Expected to arrive in a few days (after waiting 1 month)

So the parts now may be available to be shipped and you may want to nudge your dealership

if you are still waiting for them.