Former Expedition owner

Shark Fin antenna: unboxed and installed

Once you have that thing on your car, you realize that the "stick" antenna was the biggest mistake about that car!

I used a small steps tool or step ladder. And yes it is in an awkward spot to reach.

Shoot, I will just take the darn thing off and not worry about it, who listens to the radio anyway, thats what Pandora is for! :)

I bought a Shark Fin antenna from Visual Garage after reading about it on these forums. I felt the Shark Fin better matches the styling/design of the Fusion rather than the whip antenna that comes standard.

I sent an email to Visual Garage, stating I had a Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium with Tuxedo Black Metallic paint and a few hours later they sent me a PayPal invoice for $69 + $12 S/H = $81 total.

I guess these are becoming more popular and driving the pricing... I sent email today for two of them and received paypal invoice a few hours later, now $87 each.

Added - order placed July 26th, shipped Aug 2nd, received Aug 5th.

Edited by jeff_h

I just took delivery of my 2013 Hybrid Fusion in Ice Storm. I really want the shark fun antenna. I put one on my Prius & loved the look. It looks great in the photos already posted.

I'd like to know the best place to purchase one.

Does the antenna do more than AM FM? What about nav & & sync. Will that be affected by the change in antenna's?

And this time I'm thinking about having it installed by my local car toys dealer. Think that's worth the money? The one on my Prius was easy, but so easy I thought I may have done it wrong, & kept waiting for it to fall off.

How is the color match? Photos look good on the red blue & black.

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Domain/site has been out for a while...

Search for "shark fin antenna ford fusion" on Amazon...

He seems to have upped the price.

Edited by smr2112