elle

Just had it waxed

*whistles* Wow, that IS hot. Great picture. Had this color looked that good on any lot I visited, I would've seriously considered it for my order. Those pictures on Edmunds and ford.com don't do these colors justice. Thanks for sharing!

I wouldn't mind having one in that color. The only 3 colors I wouldn't want are the Silver, Gray and Ginger Ale. The rest are all very good on the new Fusion. But I think the DIB is JINXed! Seems like a few of us with the DIB get bad gas mileage! Kind of glad they switched the one I ordered to Black.

The RR and PW are great colors, but any damage to them, and the color matching has to be perfect or it will show up. The painter has to match the pattern done by the factory so the metallic lines up just right, and the candy coat(not sure WHAT Ford used) has to be done just right before the clear or it wont look right, the RR especially. The PW is base, pearl and clear, so the pearl has to be blended just right so when light hits it, the grain is the same.

This would be the only thing that would make me get one as a last resort. Love the RR, but expensive to repair!

Ah you took that the wrong way. My father in law owns a body shop and I have spent some time there with my own cars doing body and paint, and happen to have done a pearl job. I just happen to know the difficulty in getting it to match just right. Most people wont notice a mismatch, but I can, and that is why "I" would choose it last.

Besides, not all paint jobs are the result of an insurance claim. What if you do like someone else did and rub your fender on a garage door? Going to call the insurance on that and possibly get your rates boosted, or just go ahead and have it repainted?