Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Just had it waxed

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid, Bordeaux Reserve

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

fusion.png

• acdii, dalesky and bcrisp like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   fusionTX

fusionTX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 621 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Looks great!
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium[list]
[*]Sterling Gray, Navigation, Driver Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control
[*]Navigation, Driver Assist, Park Assist, Moonroof, Trunk Cargo Net

#3 OFFLINE   lmp180psu

lmp180psu

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 118 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Like fine wine!

2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid

• Ruby Red Metallic

• MyFordTouch Technology Package

• Appearance Package

• Moonroof

Ordered: 10/26/12

Build Date: 11/29/12

Delivery Date: 12/22/12 smile.png

160701.png

#4 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Damn, that's one hot car!

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium << -- click for the picture gallery

- Deep Impact Blue

- 18" Polished Face with Flash Greay-Painted Pockets Wheels

- Moonroof with Universal Garage Door Opener

- Driver Assist Package

- Voice-Activated Navigation

- Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

- Adaptive Cruise Control

Ordered: 11/19/12 | VIN Assigned: 2/28/13 | Build Date: 3/21/13 | ETA: 4/6/13 | Delivery Date: April 5th, 2013 !!!

196622.png

#5 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

I really like the wheels.  I was not too choosy, like some of you, about the wheels, but I ended up with these, and I couldn't be happier.  They look modern without looking overdone.  I was going for a touch of class with this car, and I think Ford delivered quite well.  

#6 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

There's something about a newly waxed and detailed car that makes you walk away, then look back over your shoulder to see it again, your FFH looks terrific!

The wheels are the same as mine and I agree with you, they add some class to the design of the car.

• jeff_h, elle and corncobs like this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#7 OFFLINE   bcrisp

bcrisp

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 31 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Explorer Ltd; 2013 FFH

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

*whistles*  Wow, that IS hot.  Great picture.  Had this color looked that good on any lot I visited, I would've seriously considered it for my order.  Those pictures on Edmunds and ford.com don't do these colors justice.  Thanks for sharing!

206849.png

#8 OFFLINE   Aquineas

Aquineas

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 233 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

I showed my wife this picture and said, "See babe, your car is going to look just like this!" and she fawned over it! Thanks for posting!

• elle likes this

Bordeaux Reserve Ford Fusion Titanium ordered 5/6/2013, Window Sticker 6/22/2013, Built 6/28/2013, Delivered 7/12/2013.

I'd rather you tell me something I already know 1,000 times, than not tell me something I don't know once.

#9 OFFLINE   aaronj1159

aaronj1159

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Still can't figure out why they're discontinuing this color, I mean just look at it! But I'm not complaining, I got mine in time. I think ours are nearly identical cars except for the wheels. 

• HenryVIII likes this

#10 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

It's such a strange color.  In the bright light and at the right angle you get this, but in some light it will look almost black.  Personally, I love the changing nature of the color, but I can see why some wouldn't.  Thanks everyone for the compliments.  

Edited by elle, 20 May 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   Aquineas

Aquineas

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 233 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

Elle and Aaron, do you realize that you two are in the minority: it seems like most of the Bordeaux Reserve color owners/orderers are in Texas :-).

Edited by Aquineas, 20 May 2013 - 07:05 AM.

Bordeaux Reserve Ford Fusion Titanium ordered 5/6/2013, Window Sticker 6/22/2013, Built 6/28/2013, Delivered 7/12/2013.

I'd rather you tell me something I already know 1,000 times, than not tell me something I don't know once.

#12 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

I wouldn't mind having one in that color. The only 3 colors I wouldn't want are the Silver, Gray and Ginger Ale. The rest are all very good on the new Fusion.  But I think the DIB is JINXed!  Seems like a few of us with the DIB get bad gas mileage!   Kind of glad they switched the one I ordered to Black. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#13 OFFLINE   aaronj1159

aaronj1159

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

It's such a strange color.  In the bright light you get this, but in some light it will look almost black.  Personally, I love the changing nature of the color, but I can see why some wouldn't.  Thanks everyone for the compliments.  

Yeah I love the color changing effect. I think it looks its best when it's overcast. But it always looks great.

I wouldn't mind having one in that color. The only 3 colors I wouldn't want are the Silver, Gray and Ginger Ale. The rest are all very good on the new Fusion.  But I think the DIB is JINXed!  Seems like a few of us with the DIB get bad gas mileage!   Kind of glad they switched the one I ordered to Black. 

The only 2 I REALLY wanted were Bordeaux and Platinum White. I really liked the Gray too but the interior being limited to black ruled that out. I also would have been happy with Black, RR, and maybe even Oxford White. I told my dealer, no Ice Storm or Silver or Ginger Ale. Just not my style. 

#14 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

As some of you remember, I vacillated between Bordeaux, Ruby Red, and Platinum White.  I would have been happy with any of them but, now that I have this one, I am very happy that I have it.  

Edited by elle, 20 May 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#15 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

The RR and PW are great colors, but any damage to them, and the color matching has to be perfect or it will show up.  The painter has to match the pattern done by the factory so the metallic lines up just right, and the candy coat(not sure WHAT Ford used) has to be done just right before the clear or it wont look right, the RR especially. The PW is base, pearl and clear, so the pearl has to be blended just right so when light hits it, the grain is the same. 

This would be the only thing that would make me get one as a last resort.  Love the RR, but expensive to repair!

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   ny2oc1996

ny2oc1996

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 24 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi Platinum White, Isuzu Vehicross

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Ok, I'll go along with your comments as being factually correct but my issue is with your conclusions. "Expensive to repair" and "last resort"

First, your out of pocket expense on body and paint work is dictated solely by your deductible. After you pay your deductible, if pearl paint is more expensive that's your insuramce company's problem. If you're skimping on insurance by choosing astronomical deductibles, you are simply playing the odds that the insurance cost savings will more than offset any upcoming body and paint expense.

Now as far as the skill set for pearl and other special paint applications I would argue that any skilled painter can easily handle pearl, metallics or any other paints as the techniques are the same as far as "application" is concerned. All of the mistakes made out in the field are almost always traced back to poor workmanship. i.e. improper spray gun useage (too close, too far, too slow, too fast), wrong spray pressures, wrong paint mix for the ambient temperature/humidity etc etc. The point I'm trying to make is that if you are ending up with these results, you're most likely in some shade tree shop with less skilled workers.

No quality shop let's cars out with noticeable mismatches. Why not? Because it's easily preventable. A quality shop will never just spray a hood. They'll do the top of the front fenders as well so that your eye will never see the repair area. Painting just the right front fender? A quailty shop will paint that fender and then blend the adjacent door. The front 1/3 of that door gets same paint as the fender, the center of the door gets 50%, the rear part of the door may get 25%. These formulas vary but the point is that any quality shop will never give your eye a definitive line to compare old vs. new.

And let's not even discuss touch up repairs. The only purpose for taking a brush applicator to your car is to make the affected area look less gross. No touch up looks anywhere near original. However, for those who only have one tiny area here is a touch up tip. Never swipe a touch up brush across the damaged area because it overlaps onto the undamaged area and then looks really bad. Get a very thin artist brush and fill in the chip or scratch area only (no overlap). This may take 2 or 3 separate coats. Keep adding coats inside the damaged area until that area is actually higher then the surrounding area. Now take a piece of 2000 grit wet/dry sand paper and with water solution sand the repaired area until it is flat and level with the surrounding area. Afterwards use a fine compound to bring back the shine from the dulling sandpaper work. Finally, wax the area. It will never be perfect but if you did everything right, instead of the damage area, you should now only see a slight halo around the repaired area.

People say don't buy nice wheels as that only invites theft. Others say don't buy that option as it will never return the cost in resale value. In my opinion, living your life with these self imposed restrictions based on very questionable rational, denies you that wow factor and that smile you get everytime you approach your car.

And so I would say don't pass on that paint color because it's supposedly expensive or hard to match/repair etc. Nah, I'm not buyiny any of it. Many of these things are only half truths at best.

So let's go out there and buy that Ruby Red without any reservation because it's drop dead gorgeous and same with the Platinum White. After all, I did.

• GrySql and corncobs like this

#17 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Ah you took that the wrong way.  My father in law owns a body shop and I have spent some time there with my own cars doing body and paint, and happen to have done a pearl job. I just happen to know the difficulty in getting it to match just right. Most people wont notice a mismatch, but I can, and that is why "I" would choose it last. 

Besides, not all paint jobs are the result of an insurance claim. What if you do like someone else did and rub your fender on a garage door?  Going to call the insurance on that and possibly get your rates boosted, or just go ahead and have it repainted?

• HenryVIII likes this

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Beautiful car Elle, for me the choice came down to Tuxedo Black, Bordeaux or Deep Impact Blue. I like all the colors except Ginger Ale and we wanted black leather so the color wasn't a concern for the leather color. Ruby Red was not worth the added cost to us, even though it is one of my favorites. Ultimately I let my wife pick the color since I think the car looks great in all colors and couldn't pick 1 favorite myself so I left it 100% up to her to decide the color. She decided that the Tuxedo Black gives the car the most class and picked that. But I really enjoy seeing the beauty of all the other colors too :)

Edited by hybridbear, 22 May 2013 - 10:17 AM.

• aaronj1159 likes this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·