Sign in to follow this  

No they are not HID. HID lights snap on when you turn them on, the regular lights warmup when you tun them on. Thats about the only way I can describe it. The Flex has HID, and they are a blueish white, and when I turn the car in in the garage its like SNAP lights are on full bright, and if I start my Fusion in the garage its like they slowly become full bright and have a yellowish tint.

There are after market kits available to exchange out with the factory bulbs, but I dont know how well they work in these lenses. The new Fusion lights arent as bad as the older one, but not as good as the HID in the Flex. They are MUCH better than the old Crown Vic I had, that car had such poor lights I could drive with the high beams on and no one would notice.

the Fusions from 10 on up use a focused projector lens, same as HID lights do, so a conversion is pretty simple, its the highbeams that can be tricky. Some HID low/high lamps use a motor of some sort to pull/push the bulb back and forth in the housing. Others use a separate bulb outside of the focused lens for the highbeam.