itschris

8 days old and in the shop already...

Driving home yesterday from the office I had the windows down enjoying a nice FL evening. I heard an awful grinding sound from the car next to me. I thought, "geez... you need to maintain that car better." That car went by me (as all do now, now that I have a hybrid and can't keep up with traffic most times) then I heard the same noise again from another car passing me. It suddenly occured to me I was just hearing the sound bounce off the cars next to me and that it was my car.

I pulled over to give it a quick look. My wife and I work for the same company and we carpool so I had her drive the car by me to see if I could better locate the sound. Sure enough, it was a sick grinding noise coming from the passenge front wheel assembly. My initial thought was some sort of brake issue, but the car wasn't pulling or presenting any inputs like that.

Fortunately we were literally around the corner from our Ford dealer and drove it in. He seemed puzzled at first then I drove it by him and he said he could see metal flakes flicking off the wheel. A swipe of the finger along the rim confirmed it. They called today and confirmed my initial suspicions that it was brake issue. A caliper spring gave up the ghost and was causing part of the caliper to grind down my rotor.

So now, i'm in a borrow Ford Focus that smells like wet dog while I wait for the car to get fixed which should be on Friday.

It sounds like this is one of those one-off issue and hope they fix it quickly for you. Sorry about the wet dog smell ...

Driving home yesterday from the office I had the windows down enjoying a nice FL evening. I heard an awful grinding sound from the car next to me. I thought, "geez... you need to maintain that car better." That car went by me (as all do now, now that I have a hybrid and can't keep up with traffic most times) then I heard the same noise again from another car passing me. It suddenly occured to me I was just hearing the sound bounce off the cars next to me and that it was my car.

I pulled over to give it a quick look. My wife and I work for the same company and we carpool so I had her drive the car by me to see if I could better locate the sound. Sure enough, it was a sick grinding noise coming from the passenge front wheel assembly. My initial thought was some sort of brake issue, but the car wasn't pulling or presenting any inputs like that.

Fortunately we were literally around the corner from our Ford dealer and drove it in. He seemed puzzled at first then I drove it by him and he said he could see metal flakes flicking off the wheel. A swipe of the finger along the rim confirmed it. They called today and confirmed my initial suspicions that it was brake issue. A caliper spring gave up the ghost and was causing part of the caliper to grind down my rotor.

So now, i'm in a borrow Ford Focus that smells like wet dog while I wait for the car to get fixed which should be on Friday.

Wow! Glad they got it figured out so quickly! Hope they replace all the affected parts

Should have it back Friday because they don't have the parts... Which is odd...rotor, caliper, etc seem pretty standard, but it's fine. I'm having them detail it and tint the windows while its there so no big deal at this point.

Picked up the car yesterday. Apparently some sort of retainer spring on the caliper brokr and was grinding on the hub. Everything's put back together. Odd thing to happen... They hadn't seen it before, but then again it's me, so they'll be in for a lot of one off stuff with my kinda luck.

Btw.. I looked in the trunk for the first time... I have a mini air compressor in there. It looks like there's special cut outs for other stuff, but nothing's there.

Must have been a Tequila Sunrise day when they assembled your caliper. Very odd that it did that, even more so that it took so long to get the parts.

Picked up the car yesterday. Apparently some sort of retainer spring on the caliper brokr and was grinding on the hub. Everything's put back together. Odd thing to happen... They hadn't seen it before, but then again it's me, so they'll be in for a lot of one off stuff with my kinda luck.

Btw.. I looked in the trunk for the first time... I have a mini air compressor in there. It looks like there's special cut outs for other stuff, but nothing's there.

It sounds like the same insert as the Energi with space for the 120 volt charger.

I just always wonder if I'm missing pieces when you see empty compartments.

I'm not too bummed bout the wait. Part of it was getting the tint and full detail finally done. I took the delivery in the pouring rain and it poured for a couple days after so there was little point at the time

I just always wonder if I'm missing pieces when you see empty compartments.

I'm not too bummed bout the wait. Part of it was getting the tint and full detail finally done. I took the delivery in the pouring rain and it poured for a couple days after so there was little point at the time

It's storage space, I have put jumper cables in there along with an umbrella, extra gloves and a hat and a few other emergency supplies

Having ordered my car last year without ever seeing one in person my biggest surprise was that there was no Spare Tire and Jack either.....

Now there is.