SigmaOutdoors

Tips to get EV Battery Charge up

In the 1st. Gen. FFH, you can charge the HVB by holding the accelerator pedal down about 1/3 while in "P". The ICE will run and charge the HVB to "H" ( about 80% ). The car might be stored many months this way with the 12 vdc, disconnected.

When its cold out the ICE will run to warm up and it does charge the HVB during this time. When its REALLY cold out I have had it fully charge the pack well before it got warm enough to shut off.

One of the best MPG raising techniques is trying to find ways to avoid stopping.

I tried that, but the local PD frown upon blowing stops.

College Station, Texas residents voted to remove the RLCs in 2009 or 2010. I think they added time to the yellow lights when they were removed as well. I think some TEEX students did research while the cameras were running and after they were removed. Accident rates were higher with the cameras vs the longer yellow.

This is true everywhere those damned cameras are. Rear enders happen much more frequently at RLC intersections because now people stop on yellow. Although I would not object to speed cameras on some roads. 50 in a 35 zone is just stupid. Let them trigger at 44 MPH in a 35 zone.

Cross my fingers, have not had a ticket in well over 20 years. Been pulled over a few times, but got let go, once with a warning, and once just because the county liked my daughter. I had a 2001 Crown Vic Sport, and I had passed someone, properly, but the car took a long time to slow down, and he shot me with radar just after I had passed. and since he knew the Crown Vic well, he understood and let me go. The other time I was given a warning, and he had me nailed too. I had again passed someone, this time with my old Flex, and that thing would go from 45 to 80 in a heartbeat. I had just passed(again) as he crested the hill, so he didn't see me pass, but clocked me going 75. I had pulled over right away, and was waiting for him to turn around and come get me. Handed him my license, registration and insurance and told him what I did, and he came back a few minutes later with a written warning. It was my Birthday, and I also hold a CDL, so I think both those combined, and my clean record sent me free.

They will be hard pressed to catch me doing anything like that anymore, gas was cheaper back then! :)

On 5/11/2013 at 11:12 AM, murphy said:

There is no way to charge the HV battery externally.

You do not want the HV battery to be fully charged. If it was there would be no place to store energy receoverd by re-generative braking.

I can't speak for the 2013 Hybrid since I have an Energi but my 2010 Hybrid maintained the HVB at 50% during a trip even to the point that if it was above 50% at the start of a highway trip it would bring it down to 50%.

With the Fusion, once the hybrid battery is fully charged, the computer switches back to the standard disc brakes. Once the HV battery level begins to drop, then it will switch back to the regenerative braking system.