Sign in to follow this  
tombarker13ffh

installing fog lights on 13 FFH

I ordered my 13 Hybrid SE w/o the luxury pkg so it didn't come with any fog lights, but I planned to buy some factory ones and put them in myself. I asked a dealer parts desk today what it would cost to get the lights and she said there's no kit to install lights and she said I'd probably have to modify my bumper which I knew was complete bullshit because they all have the same bumper and then she said well the wirings not there on my car to install foglights and I was thinking the harness was there, its just not in use on my car. Am I wrong? I wouldn't be able to see it without taking the bottom piece off, but I thought it'd be a pretty simple install, except maybe changing out the switch. Still, why the hell aren't dealer parts people knowledgeable on this kind of stuff? Same for salesmen, I know Fords better than any dealer employee I've ever met and that doesn't make sense to me. Its their job, they should at least attempt to learn things like this.. bitch pissed me off lol.

Check your light switch, see if it pulls out. If it does, all you "might" need then is the front bumper harness. I found something interesting with the13 Flex compared to the 2010 I had. On the 10 I had to run all the wiring for the trailer and brake controller, on the 13 all I needed was the rear bumper harness. It thats the case on the FFH, then its just a matter of fitting fogs into the bezels, and wiring them up. If not, then you will most likely need to add the wiring, which you can do easy enough is you want them on when the low beams are on, like factory, tap into one of the head light low beam wires and feed a relay with that, and supply the power off a fused connection from the Positive pole under the hood.

Did you ever have luck with this at all? I just purchased a 2013 FFH as well, however it was a demo and it didn't come with Fog lights. Curious if they can be installed now?

My Father just installed fog lights into his 2012 Sierra with a kit I purchased for him off ebay. it came with everything needed, and the dealer installed them.

I would assume the same is possible for this car?

truthfully, i don't even want them for their use. I just want them for the look, as I hate the plastic caps.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2013&m=Ford&mo=Fusion&initSearch=1&keyword=fog%20lights#

That site shows multiple parts for the Fog lights.

my car needs to go into the dealer soon, to have the one window fixed. Going to be inquring about prices for having them installed

I'm wanting to install fog lamps wires and what ever it takes to get it done on my '14 FFH SE which did not come with them installed or a switch for fog on dash. Has any one actually added them with OEM parts and where?

I have a 2014 FFH and was quoted $625 just for parts... Hoping to get oem in new year once 2015 has been out. Am hoping that parts will be availabke in greater quantity and therefore cheaper to buy.... Tried calling an aftermarket company they asked $140 for the install but i had to supply the fog light kit

My dealership service dept has said that it can not be done. I'm glad I had the DLR's activated. I guess that if someone wanted Daytime Rear Back up lamps activated we would have another 20 something page thread?

Any traction on this? I have a '14 FFH SE which was a dealer leftover and doesn't have the luxo package (no moonroof, no fogs).

I found the OEM foglight-enabled light switch for $25:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-OEM-BLACK-HEADLIGHT-HEADLAMP-FOG-LIGHT-SWITCH-2013-2014-FORD-FUSION-/281791931512?fits=Year%3A2014%7CMake%3AFord%7CModel%3AFusion&hash=item419c1ba478:g:c6gAAOSw0JpV6vz0&vxp=mtr

The kit with the fogs themselves for $89:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1Set-Front-Fog-light-Lamp-Kit-with-cover-For-Ford-Fusion-Mondeo-2013-2015-/231697885329?fits=Year%3A2014%7CMake%3AFord%7CModel%3AFusion&hash=item35f2452891:g:DxkAAOSwHjNWAkK3&vxp=mtr

And there are a number of different wiring kits, ranging from $25 to $250... here's one that is supposedly Ford OEM if you have the assemblies already installed:

http://www.quirkparts.com/ford/fusion/dg9z15k867b/2014-year/se-hybrid-trim/2-0l-l4-electric-gas-engine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-front-scat/?part_name=wire-harness

My concern is that this car is HEAVILY BCM controlled. As an example, if I turn the defroster to max it won't engage the hybrid engine due to battery drain. I don't know if it bases this on current amps being pulled from the system (in which case that's simple enough, just run the wires), or which buttons are pushed (in which case having an extra button that the computer doesn't know about would be detrimental). Will a BCM flash be required? Would I be better off getting the dealer to install? I imagine they would charge me $1000 for $200 in parts and an hour's labor which seems pretty unreasonable.

This is a simple plug and play unlike the Focus, Escape and CMax.

You'll need a new headlamp switch that has the Foglamp button, wiring harness for the nose, foglamp brackets, bezels and lights.

After you plug them in they'll work just like the factory installed units with the exception of the indicator on the cluster, that requires a slight change in the cluster (IPC) using Forscan.

There's a Forscan thread over on 2gfusions.net with the info on what has to be changed.