It was still under $4 in Sharon WI the other day. $3.98 for midgrade BP. $3.78 for regular

$4.05-4.15 around me. Which is why I bought the FFH. My 03 expedition was costing me around $360-390 a month in fuel. Now I'm spending around $80. So the difference is enough to practically pay the car payment!

Same here.

I went from paying $100 a week to fill up my '03 Expedition (27 gallon tank) to paying about $40 every two weeks with the HyTi.

13 MPG vs. 40 MPG. :happy feet:

Back in 07 when I used to drive the F350, and diesel shot up, I got a prius and went from $75 twice a week fills to $30 or less a week. With the fuel and maintenance savings, the car was paid for, and I essentially drove it for free. I traded it off for something more drivable and got back more for it than I paid, and received a check from the warranty company for more than I paid for it too.

So far every hybrid I got was well worth the price I paid for it.

So far every hybrid I got was well worth the price I paid for it.

Are you sure? Aren't you forgetting one bad example that doesn't quite fit this statement.

Are you sure? Aren't you forgetting one bad example that doesn't quite fit this statement.

That was no hybrid, that was a very confused car!

That was no hybrid, that was a very confused car!

LOL that was the perfect morning joke.

Still dropping here in the Myrtle Beach area. Seeing it under 3.10 right now, with 3.11 being common. Had to fill up the Mustang even tho it wasn't half empty. Who knows how long it will last?

Still dropping here in the Myrtle Beach area. Seeing it under 3.10 right now, with 3.11 being common. Had to fill up the Mustang even tho it wasn't half empty. Who knows how long it will last?

That's crazy!! Our prices have come down a little from their peak at $4.39/gal. A few stations are starting to drop to $3.99, but most are still $4.09. I was hoping more would drop by today because I can't wait any longer to get gas. I'm already 10 miles past 0 on the DTE

Edited by hybridbear

Gas prices had gone up as high as $3.57 here is South Florida, but started dropping again - I filled up this morning at $3.44, not too bad.

$3.21 where I am. Being in the "Roanoke" area, we're usually near the cheap end of that ranking list that was posted.

Four bucks here for ULR yesterday, saw diesel at ten cents LESS. People who want to make invidious comparisons with diesels always quote the extreme differences in price.....which are usually not that extreme.

Four bucks here for ULR yesterday, saw diesel at ten cents LESS. People who want to make invidious comparisons with diesels always quote the extreme differences in price.....which are usually not that extreme.

Good point. For a 15 gallon tank, and a difference of 30 cents per gallon, the premium for diesel is just under $5 for a full tank. That's relatively acceptable when you're getting 600+ miles to a tank. I could live without a subway sandwich if that were the case.

I decided against the diesel car because I did not think it was worth the extra $10k to get the same goodies I have now.

its 3.77 here in NYC but diesel is 4.29 still a big difference here

Good point. For a 15 gallon tank, and a difference of 30 cents per gallon, the premium for diesel is just under $5 for a full tank. That's relatively acceptable when you're getting 600+ miles to a tank. I could live without a subway sandwich if that were the case.

I decided against the diesel car because I did not think it was worth the extra $10k to get the same goodies I have now.

how so it take me $40 to fill mine up if i had diesel it would come out to $65

Edited by Da0ne

Yeah this is how it is here too. Regular gas is 3.21 and diesel is like 3.79. To me, that's a big difference.

That's why I included the word relatively.

$40 @ $3.77/gal

10.61 gallons

10.61 gallons @ $4.29/gal

$45.51

For me it'd be a difference of $6.30 a tank (if the tanks were similarly sized). But since I fill up at least once a week, and my MPG with the hybrid is close to, if not at the MPG projected for diesels, $6.30 a week adds up. That's like $327 a year. Let's say I go 5 years before I'm shopping for a new car, which is my aim. That's an extra $1600 I could put as a down payment on a new car.