Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rattle from passenger side door/right side dash area....

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Riggo

Riggo

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 728 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

My 2014 is starting to have a rattle on the passenger's side. I'll have to check out your tweeter solution, modach. Just like my 2013, the rattles started to get worse around the 3,000 mile mark. I guess the duct tape that holds together the innards of the car start to peel off around that point ;)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   jpgale

jpgale

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 19 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

I had a rattle from the front passenger side, that I though was coming from the door.  It turned out that the wife had not clipped the sun visor back in when she put it back and that is what caused the rattle.

285323.png

#23 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

I get a buzz occasionally from the b pillar, but not sure what it is since it happens so little that I forget about it.  I get an occasional buzz from the passenger door when certain music plays, could be the tweeter mentioned above.  Other than that annoying thump that is either a bad tire or a bad bearing, the car is remarkably quiet. In fact there are times I cant tell if its EV or ICE at highway speeds. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#24 OFFLINE   Jmagg73

Jmagg73

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 20 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

Ive had the pillar rattles into the shop 3 times. They first thought it was the seatbelt assembly and it still rattled soon after. Then they re-welded some points in the drivers side and rattle was gone again. (This was only because it was winter and the car interior shrunk up enough to erase the rattle). It came back as soon as the weather started getting warm.

The rattle occurs where the black and white plastic pieces on the pillar come together. If you press your hand on this area the rattle will stop. The dealership put some rubber between the trim.

Silence!!

Attached Files

192001.png

#25 OFFLINE   Riggo

Riggo

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 728 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

I had this pillar rattle in my 2013. I would put a small hand towel folded in half in between the rear driver's side door and the pillar (so it's just inside the door and not sticking out on the outside) and close the door on it. This would stop the rattle for a while, until the towel became loose, at which point I'd have to do it all over again. Ford needs to fix this problem since it seems to be happening to more than a few people.

#26 OFFLINE   skf50

skf50

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Mexico
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

Hi,

I recommend put there baby talc (Johnson or similar) onto the door`s rubber seal and treat the same way the car body door rubbers too. 1 minute of work and the car will be noiseless.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·