I went to start it to go and it said that the "key not found". I went and got our other fob and the same thing. I locked and unlocked the doors with the keypad, then did an unlock with the fob and it finally recognized the key.

Anyone else have that happen?

Don't know why that happened but if the vehicle will not remotely recognize a key, you should be able to have the key recognized with a direct connection. Just place the key in the console direct connection slot made specifically for that purpose.

Ah, OK, I will look for that. I saw another thread that talks about that.

thanks!

This just happened to me as well. Walked up to car with key in pocket and doors unlocked fine. Car would not start however. Said key not found. I remembered the direct connect pocket thankfully and went on my merry way. I tried again an hour later and it worked perfectly fine.

Is there a "rolling code" type thing in these keys (like my Genie garage door opener) and putting

it the console slot "re-sync's" it?

Has anybody replaced the battery in there IA key yet? Was wondering if that might be

an issue as well.

Is there a "rolling code" type thing in these keys (like my Genie garage door opener) and putting

it the console slot "re-sync's" it?

I believe they are rolling code. That's makes sense that putting it in the direct connect port would get it back to normal.

Car has to get the rogue key back in line, just a gentle nudge. :poke:

RFID chip. From my tests in the Flex, I found there are little antennas on the front doors and one behind the rear bumper that read the key to unlock/lock the car, and there is only one ignition reader in the center console. My guess is it just didnt see the key when you got in. It has a 3' radius. I tested by standing a little more then 3 feet away and leaned forward to touch the door handle, nothing happened. Took one step forward tried again, unlocked. So maybe, key in left pocket facing away and just couldnt read it.

Putting the key into the slot allows its RFID or NFC (I don't know which although my NFC reader doesn't see it) tag to be read directly. This works even if the battery in the key is dead. The key must be in the correct orientation or it won't work. That is key ring up and buttons toward the rear of the car.

I had my IA key held up like some sort of Idol right in front of the console and it didn't register. People walking by must have thought I was off my meds :confused:. Maybe it didn't recognize the key going past the antenna on the door and so it didn't even try to look for it inside the car?

I heard using the keypad to lock the car will disable it too, so who knows.

I heard using the keypad to lock the car will disable it too, so who knows.

That is easy to determine. I will check that out and report ...

Nope, that is not it. I locked it with the keypad, and the touchy feeley handle still worked and the fob was recognized .... :)

Edited by rjent

No, put the key in the car and lock it with the keypad. Then the key is disabled. Just make sure you have the code to unlock it or you might feel really dumb when you cant get back in the car :D

I read something in the manual that says something about the fob not working after hitting the exterior lock or keypad. It was very confusing, I'll have to find it later when I get home.

I found something really weird yesterday while washing the car. I had he key in my pocket and every time the water hit a door handle the doors would lock or unlock. All 4 doors on the HyTi can lock or unlock, unlike all the other passive system cars I had. So I put the key inside the car, and no more lock/unlock when washing.

I believe that the door lock process is done with a capacitive trigger on the handle. The water was doing the same as your hand. It is kind of like the touchpad mouse concept....

OOMO

The Flex doesnt have that happen though, so the Fusion handles must be more sensitive.

Yep I've had the same thing happen while washing it. Good to know I can throw the keys inside and it'll stop.

I picked up my titanium hybrid this past Wednesday and have had the no key found problem happen 3 times already. When it happens neither of 2 fobs can get the car to respond. I had to use the backup slot in center console. Did some researching and found a TSB from not long ago:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/pubs/content/~WT/~MUS~LEN/3586/tsb13-05-32.htm

Calling dealer tomorrow it sounds like a quick reprogram.

Thanks for that. It happened to me again this weekend. It only seems to happen right after I use the fob to unlock or open the windows and only on hot days >95F.

Yup when it's happened to me it was at least 90 degrees. First time was after remote opening windows. Something weird with heat and the signal or something.

I have an appointment on 7/6 to get my key issues looked at. Told dealer about the TSB and they seem receptive to getting it figured out. If this is all I ever have go wrong then I'm pretty lucky. :)

Boom, no key found again. Unlocked with key fob and stepped in, then no key found. Was 97F outside. Going to talk to dealer this weekend about speaker rattle, small scratch, and this issue.

Boom, no key found again. Unlocked with key fob and stepped in, then no key found. Was 97F outside. Going to talk to dealer this weekend about speaker rattle, small scratch, and this issue.

This is off topic I know, but what do you mean by speaker rattle? The physical speaker, or a sound coming from it through the radio? I only ask because my speaker, or something behind it, is physically rattling in my passenger door every time I hit the slightest bump on the road and that kind of thing bothers me...

Physical speaker. Specific bass ranges make the passenger front door speaker rattle. Doesn't happen on bumps for me.