clummus

illuminated door sill plates?

Unlike some in other cars, at least these you can see when the door is closed.

The LEDs are white and the letters on the plates are blue. The kit shouldn't be as expensive as it is... but it is very nice once installed. I wonder why the Titaniums didn't come with it standard.

Anyways, like everyone said, it takes about two hours or so because of unfamiliarity. The only thing to look out for is removing the dome light/sunglasses unit because there are fragile tabs that are easily broken (and they don't look easily replaceable). Everything else just snaps off/on. The splicing and soldering is challenging only because of the tight space. All in all, it's not a difficult installation. The instructions - which are only pictures - are great.

Oh, I... uhh... validated why you don't want to close doors or the trunk with the battery disconnected....

homer_doh.png

Edited by KLH

I was thinking about these. Would be neat if they would change color when you opened the door like the ambient does.

Could you scan or take a picture of the instructions so we can see just how "difficult" the procedure is?