Sign in to follow this  
clummus

titanium with aluminum pedals and touch buttons

stopped by my dealer lot yesterday. I got to sit in the only titanium they have received so far. it is the gas version. it has the aluminum pedals ( I love the look and am bummed that mine won't have them) and the map lights.are touch sensitive. so are the gas versions still going to have those options?

Do you know when it was built? It might have been a job 1.

I saw a job 2 Titanium (I knew it was job 2 because it had the Y wheels) that had the touch buttons, so I wonder if they only made the change on the Hybrid/Energi Fusions ...

Edit: The note that went out to the dealer says only the Hybrid/Energi Tis are losing the Aluminum pedals.

Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Fusion Energi Titanium will not have Aluminum Brake and Accelerator Pedals and the price has been reduced by $100 MSRP.

Edited by neod192

I wonder why?

Cost savings ... ? But then they wouldn't have reduced the MSRP by $100 ...

So did anyone add the aluminum pedals covers back to the Hybrid? The brake pedal should be really easy, but the accelerator pedals has to be completely replaced. I'm curious to see how long it too and what's involved with doing it - what tools do you need?

What I wonder is if the throttle assemble in the hybrid is different from the gas and thats why they didnt make them in aluminium.

So did anyone add the aluminum pedals covers back to the Hybrid? The brake pedal should be really easy, but the accelerator pedals has to be completely replaced. I'm curious to see how long it too and what's involved with doing it - what tools do you need?

Neod192, I did the conversion on my Hybrid SE, see the link and photos below:

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/6042-titanium-pedals-and-lighted-door-sill-plates/

Cheers!

I've never understood the appeal of the aluminum pedals since its something that will be covered by your foot most of the time and no one else will see. To each their own.

I've never understood the appeal of the aluminum pedals since its something that will be covered by your foot most of the time and no one else will see. To each their own.

I see them every time I get in and out of the car. I also see them at night courtesy of the ambient lighting.

I think they look nice and wish my hyti was going to have them.:(

for anyone who switched the pedals to the aluminum ones,,how hard was it to install? probably not something this girl could do on my own:(

for anyone who switched the pedals to the aluminum ones,,how hard was it to install? probably not something this girl could do on my own:(

I am wondering what is involved as well. As of yesterday I now have the brake cover and gas pedal assembly sitting in a box beside the rest of the stuff waiting to go on the car.

I am wondering what is involved as well. As of yesterday I now have the brake cover and gas pedal assembly sitting in a box beside the rest of the stuff waiting to go on the car.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/6042-titanium-pedals-and-lighted-door-sill-plates/

Here are some instructions for installing the Aluminum pedals on a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE.

The old brake pedal pad is simply pried off, and the new pedal pad must be carefully levered onto the bake pedal assembly, using a small putty knife and/or some screwdrivers, being careful not to tear the rubber backing on the new part. Since the rubber on the new aluminum pedal pad is fairly stiff, I found it helpful to warm the part with a hairdryer first, to make it more flexible, so it would go on easier.

As noted by another poster on this thread, you cannot get just the pad for the accelerator pedal and must purchase the whole assembly if you want the aluminum pedal pad. The old accelerator pedal assembly has one torx head bolt at the top of the part holding it on (behind the wiring connector), and once the bolt is removed, the part can be slid upward and out to free the remaining mounting ears that hold the peice in place. Once the part is free, carefully pull it downward so you can access the wiring connector at the top of the assembly, and using a very small screwdriver, push in the connector locking tab, while pulling up on the wiring connector, to remove it from the pedal assembly. Re-assembly is just the reverse of the removal, first plug the wiring connector into the new accelerator pedal assembly, making sure that it locks in place, then position the part back in the footwell just above the original parts position, and push the part back in and downward to engage the mounting ear tabs in the slots in the footwell. Once the part is locked back into it's proper position, re-install the single torx head bolt into the hole at the top of the new accelerator pedal assembly and tighten, to complete the installation.

For those that would like to make the switch to aluminum pedals, here are the part numbers, and Ford's list price for the parts:

1. Aluminum 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid gas pedal assembly part number: DG9Z 9F836 C list price $69.91

2. Aluminum 2013 Ford Fusion brake pedal pad part number: DG9Z 2454 C list price $34.73

Edited by hybrid47

Here are some instructions for installing the Aluminum pedals on a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE.

The old brake pedal pad is simply pried off, and the new pedal pad must be carefully levered onto the bake pedal assembly, using a small putty knife and/or some screwdrivers, being careful not to tear the rubber backing on the new part. Since the rubber on the new aluminum pedal pad is fairly stiff, I found it helpful to warm the part with a hairdryer first, to make it more flexible, so it would go on easier.

As noted by another poster on this thread, you cannot get just the pad for the accelerator pedal and must purchase the whole assembly if you want the aluminum pedal pad. The old accelerator pedal assembly has one torx head bolt at the top of the part holding it on (behind the wiring connector), and once the bolt is removed, the part can be slid upward and out to free the remaining mounting ears that hold the peice in place. Once the part is free, carefully pull it downward so you can access the wiring connector at the top of the assembly, and using a very small screwdriver, push in the connector locking tab, while pulling up on the wiring connector, to remove it from the pedal assembly. Re-assembly is just the reverse of the removal, first plug the wiring connector into the new accelerator pedal assembly, making sure that it locks in place, then position the part back in the footwell just above the original parts position, and push the part back in and downward to engage the mounting ear tabs in the slots in the footwell. Once the part is locked back into it's proper position, re-install the single torx head bolt into the hole at the top of the new accelerator pedal assembly and tighten, to complete the installation.

For those that would like to make the switch to aluminum pedals, here are the part numbers, and Ford's list price for the parts:

1. Aluminum 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid gas pedal assembly part number: DG9Z 9F836 C list price $69.91

2. Aluminum 2013 Ford Fusion brake pedal pad part number: DG9Z 2454 C list price $34.73

Thank you for the install information!

The latest picture of my 2013 SE FFH....HiTi wannabe. I had my dealer change the gas pedal today and it was probably a good thing. My Service Advisor came running out saying that the car wouldn't move with the TiHi pedal installed. There were many error codes on the display. If I was home alone doing this I would have panicked. There was some mention that this pedal might be for a Titanium Fusion EcoBoost and wasn't compatible with the FFH. I did check in the lot and found two HiTi's without the aluminum pedals and one Ti EcoBoost with the aluminum pedals. Then I remembered reading somewhere the 2013 HiTi's wouldn't have the pedals any longer. I rechecked the P/N and it was the same as Hybrid47 posted, that's where I got the P/N from originally. The SA and I were standing at his kiosk discussing replacing the new pedal with the old SE pedal when the mechanic drove up saying that all the error codes cleared. I drove the car around the lot and on the street for a while making sure it was okay. I drove the car home without incident...its been out several times since and everything is okay. I think what happened is when the car was booting up it found a new part and panicked momentarily, checked it out, found it was okay then reset the error codes. What's good about this pedal, besides looking good, is the pad is replaceable, not so with the SE pedal.

These new cars are far to dependent on computers for operation.

image-6-4.jpg

I just had a thought about the new HiTi's without the aluminum pedals. There is only about $60 in dealer parts cost and less than one hour labor to replace the pedals, so have the sale contingent on having the dealer replace the pedals before placing an order. To make a sale I bet the sales person would jump on this, just a thought.

The latest picture of my 2013 SE FFH....HiTi wannabe. I had my dealer change the gas pedal today and it was probably a good thing. My Service Advisor came running out saying that the car wouldn't move with the TiHi pedal installed. There were many error codes on the display. If I was home alone doing this I would have panicked. There was some mention that this pedal might be for a Titanium Fusion EcoBoost and wasn't compatible with the FFH. I did check in the lot and found two HiTi's without the aluminum pedals and one Ti EcoBoost with the aluminum pedals. Then I remembered reading somewhere the 2013 HiTi's wouldn't have the pedals any longer. I rechecked the P/N and it was the same as Hybrid47 posted, that's where I got the P/N from originally. The SA and I were standing at his kiosk discussing replacing the new pedal with the old SE pedal when the mechanic drove up saying that all the error codes cleared. I drove the car around the lot and on the street for a while making sure it was okay. I drove the car home without incident...its been out several times since and everything is okay. I think what happened is when the car was booting up it found a new part and panicked momentarily, checked it out, found it was okay then reset the error codes. What's good about this pedal, besides looking good, is the pad is replaceable, not so with the SE pedal.

These new cars are far to dependent on computers for operation.

I did not experience any error codes after I installed my new aluminum accelerator pedal assembly, but I did disconnect the battery before I started the job. Your experience at the dealer makes me wonder if they tried to install the new pedal assembly without disconnecting the battery! The vehicles computer and electrical systems are always in standby mode even when the car is "off", so I just consider it a good practice to power everything down before disconnecting any interfaces to the engine management computer, like the accelerator pedal position sensor assembly. Hopefully they didn't cause any permanent/latent damage and only generated a few error codes (ouch!).

Edited by hybrid47

I took delivery of my Hybrid Ti 2 weeks ago. I asked where the aluminum pedals were and told them they were still shown on the online brochure as a component of the titanium trim. They agreed with me and ordered the parts. Just had them installed yesterday - took them 2 hours. They do look nice!

I took delivery of my Hybrid Ti 2 weeks ago. I asked where the aluminum pedals were and told them they were still shown on the online brochure as a component of the titanium trim. They agreed with me and ordered the parts. Just had them installed yesterday - took them 2 hours. They do look nice!

Lucky! When I asked the dealer where they are, they told me Ford removed them - which is true...

HA you snookered a set out of a clueless dealer! Love It! :worship: :worship:

Aluminum pedals installed for under $110 including heel plate

Pics?