smr2112

Ventilated Seats Anybody?

Is there some version of the 2013 Fusion that does indeed have ventilated seats?

I see it referenced in the manual, but not in my HyTi - I don't have it - not in the

MFT Climate settings as the manual shows.

Was checking Ford's website and don't see it in any description I can find, so wondering

which, if any cars have this feature? I saw this in writing somewhere, unless it was a

different Ford product (besides in the owners manual I mean).

Or I'm losing my mind somehow...

What do you mean by "ventilated"? Where did you see that description in the manual?

Says: "Ventilated Seats............................................135" from Fusion manual I downloaded online.

Has a special symbol of a seat with "A/C" on it. I ain't got that in my car.

Says: "Ventilated Seats............................................135" from Fusion manual I downloaded online.

Has a special symbol of a seat with "A/C" on it. I ain't got that in my car.

I see it in the 3rd printing of the gas Fusion manual. It's not in the Hybrid/Energi manual or gas 2nd printing ...

The 2014 Fusions will have cooled seats, so maybe that section ended up in the 2013 gas Fusion manual by mistake?

Edited by neod192

Yup, I found it and edited my post :) That's the 3rd printing for the gas Fusion - the date on it is February 2013. I was looking at the Hybrid manual and 2nd printing for the gas one (November 2012).

Edited by neod192

Hey Ford, stop confusing the crap out of us! So I have a manual that is "too new" - didn't realize there

were different variants for different trim levels. My fault...

Back to my question, "who has a 2013 Fusion with Ventilated Seats" ?

Oh, and the HTML version of the manual also references these seats.

Notice the URL says Hybrid/Energi. Hence, more confusion...

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirsnet/OwnerGuide_EU/Default.aspx?bookcode=O21825&market=US&language=EN&title=2013%20Fusion%20Hybrid/Energi

And it does say that below 350 RPM, it turns off. I don't think I have

these, but isn't the issue I believe.

Edited by smr2112

Maybe they (Ford) did a cut&paste from an MKZ manual.

Thats what I am thinking too. MKZ has the cooled seats.

Oh, I didn't realize there was a HTML version of the manual! I thought MKZ too, but edited that post and it didn't make it back :-p

"The ventilated seats will only function when the engine is running." HAHA They would never be on in the Hybrid :-p

And to insure that I am nuts, I just went out to my car to confirm that the

hard copy manual indeed mentions the ventilated seats - but page 123.

Definitely the Hybrid/Energi manual.

Hey Ford, I want my ventilated seats, sport petals, cup holder ambient lighting,

dual exhausts and 47 MPGs....'ya duped us!

LOL, just curious - why are your posts always cutting off and moving to the next line in the middle of a sentence instead of wrapping at the end of the page?

LOL, just curious - why are your posts always cutting off and moving to the next line in the middle of a sentence instead of wrapping at the end of the page?

Cause I hit hard returns in the edit window, out of habit I guess.

Maybe it snuck in there from the 14 manual?

2014 Fusion or a bad copy/paste from the 2013 Taurus which does have them. MAYBE they thought about it and then like the ambient lighted cup holders, changed their mind and forgot (like the iPad app) to change it.

I wish it had been an option on the 13. Oh well...we had ventilated seats in our 2003 Saab and loved them!!

Edited by hybridbear

I need to have the one in my Flex checked, it doesnt seem to cool very well, where the one in the F150 would turn my butt to ice. The passenger side seems to work much better. Still is a weird sensation having cold air blown up your bum.

I'm a spoilsport, I guess, but I've found "ventilated seats" to be pretty disappointing. They don't seem to add to my comfort during the summer, so they'd be just another thing to drain my HVB faster, and I certainly don't need that.

I'm a spoilsport, I guess, but I've found "ventilated seats" to be pretty disappointing. They don't seem to add to my comfort during the summer, so they'd be just another thing to drain my HVB faster, and I certainly don't need that.

Same here. I have them in the Flex, and unless there is a problem with my drivers seat, it really doesn't help much. The one in my F150 though would make you feel like you peed your pants in the winter. The ones in the MKS are like the ones in the Flex, takes a long time before they make any noticeable difference, and where they would be most helpful, on the back is where its the least helpful.

Thats what I am thinking too. MKZ has the cooled seats.

And man do I really L O V E being able to cool my butt any time I want!

Online on ford website I read where ventilated seats were an option as was heated steering wheel and park assist, on the hybrid titanium pkg.

The 2013 Ice Storm, hybrid titanium we just got 5 days ago has everything but those 3 items. The wife would really love to have them. I'm wondering, since its supposed to be available as an option, the car must already be wired for them. Couldn't the parts dept order what's needed & service put them in?

I'll be asking my service dept mgr next week when I go in, but I thought I'd through it out here & see if I can learn anything from other owners.

Ventilated seats and heated steering wheel are options on the 2014 models. They did not exist on the 2013s.

I would be surprised if a dealer could install Active Park Assist. They would have to accurately punch holes in all four fenders to install the sensors. It also requires a motor to control the steering and a way to verify that your hands have been removed from the steering wheel.