Osofast

Battery saver message

I only use the USB when I get in the car and plug the iphone in to listen to pandora, otherwise nothing is plugged in. Have not had a single BS message since I got the car.

Then again my typical trip is 34 miles one way, so plenty of time for the battery to be charged.

Well it's happening again, I'm getting the BS, BS message again. Last April the battery was replaced due to the same problem. ...

gkinla,

PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info, and I'll see how I can help. :)

Ashley

Anyone been using battery tender to solve this "system off to save battery" issue, I"ve had this problem for a year, after two updates which were supposed to solve problem,,,, if you using a battery tender with long term success please advise of type and model number, looks like I need to add one and just leave attached to battery.......

I have been looking into this as well - a solar powered one that I can plug into the lighter and leave it when it's parked. If this prevents this issue I'm all for it. Naturally if anyone out there has gone this route it would be great to know and learn from your experience.

Approximately 75 minutes after the car is turned off the power outlets are turned off. I doubt that the battery could be maintained using them. The jumper points in the engine compartment work very well. Look for a bright red soft cap on the driver's side for the + terminal. The - terminal is a bolt sticking up out of the shock mount housing directly behind the + terminal.

Well scrap that idea....Next :read:

A short trip for me is 7 miles. Could be why I have never seen one too.

Well, I put my car on a home charger on Saturday and charged the 12V battery to 100%, and it still threw the Battery Saver message at me when I got to work this morning after a 3.6 mile drive. The car sat in the garage all weekend, so there must be something wrong with the battery if it's still giving me the message after the first use after charging it.

I guess I'll have to PM Ashley and find out what's going on.

Barsoom,

I see your PM waiting for me. I'll check it out in just a couple minutes and respond. :)

Ashley

Edited by FordService