Osofast

Battery saver message

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/pubs/content/~WT/~MUS~LEN/3545/tsb13-05-01.htm

From a Google search for "Ford TSB 13-05-01. This TSB was identified on the Ford C-Max Forum.

Thank you for this. My BS message has been appearing again ever day. Now I can make an appointment to take care of this TSB, get my leather shifter and an oil change all at the same time. I also got a letter last week from Ford saying a V3.5 update is available for MFT. Is this different than 3.5.1?

Thank you for this. My BS message has been appearing again ever day. Now I can make an appointment to take care of this TSB, get my leather shifter and an oil change all at the same time. I also got a letter last week from Ford saying a V3.5 update is available for MFT. Is this different than 3.5.1?

It's the same.

So is this TSB for all Fusions? I have had no issues with my battery, but if it needs fixing, I'd like it fixed.

I took my car into the dealer yesterday to have the TSB 13-05-1 update done since I had been getting the BS message on a daily basis. When I got the car back I noticed that I no longer had my EV+ settings that I had before this update has anyone else seeen this that had the TSB 13-05-1 update done. Also my clock was off this morning by about 15 minutes and had to go in and reset my clock back to the correct time. It dosen't look like they did any lifetime resets or anything that could of or should of wiped out my EV+ settings or done anything to the clock.

Edited by gmarshall

So is this TSB for all Fusions? I have had no issues with my battery, but if it needs fixing, I'd like it fixed.

It's for hybrids and energi models - Fusion, C-Max and MKZ.

It's for hybrids and energi models - Fusion, C-Max and MKZ.

So does this mean I will be receiving some kind of notice? I'm not sure what a TSB means. Is it for all hybrids or all hybrids produced before a certain date? I have had no battery issue, but I can't say I sit in the car in accessory mode for extended periods.

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin. It's for all hybrids and yes you should expect a letter. You didn't say how long you've had you car, but mine was built 11/17 and I'm on my second 12v battery and I continued to get the message.....so I had the dealer do the repair.

I took my car into the dealer yesterday to have the TSB 13-05-1 update done since I had been getting the BS message on a daily basis. When I got the car back I noticed that I no longer had my EV+ settings that I had before this update has anyone else seeen this that had the TSB 13-05-1 update done. Also my clock was off this morning by about 15 minutes and had to go in and reset my clock back to the correct time. It dosen't look like they did any lifetime resets or anything that could of or should of wiped out my EV+ settings or done anything to the clock.

When you get an update some of your settings are lost and have to be re-entered. The EV+ has to learn all over again.

Edited by B25Nut

If you have an oil life function that may need to be set.

My Z has the same symptoms. I have gotten the BS warning, the stupid auto up/down windows need to be re-trained almost on a daily basis, and now my audio won't come on and the entire car shuts down after just a minute on ACC power. I have an appointment at my local Ford dealer on the 23rd to have the TSB completed. Keeping my fingers crossed it fixes the problems. ;)

I had the TSB 13-05-1 done on 7 May. Car seemed ok until 20 May until it started again with the Battery Saver message and losing window settings, etc. Car on its second battery. When TSB was done dealer said that battery tested ok. Called Ford District Rep and told her, voice mail, that her "Fix" did not work.

I have not had the TSB done yet, and have not had the BS message in a couple weeks, guessing due to the warmer weather. However today I had shown a friend how the global up/down windows work and sure enough after my drive home I had the BS message again when I shut the car off!

I only put the windows down and then up one time, apparently this is an option the little battery does not hold enough charge to use.

Has anyone successfully solved "Battery Saver System Off" issue by having new12 V Battery installed and/or having TSB 13-05-1 done, beginning to get this message again now after two months ago Dealer charging battery for me....

This issue is ridiculous since the car is supposed to charge the battery, not the owner or the dealer. I had the battery replaced in January and the TSB 13-5-1 done and still have the problem. Dealer is contacting Ford again as there is nothing he knows to do, sadly. So, since my battery voltage was 11.9 and a voltage below 12.15 causes battery saver to kick in, I put mine on the lawnmower's charger over night to see if it will take and hold a charge. Now reads 12.74. In theory they checked the battery when TSB was done but who really knows. I asked the service manager to check with Ford about a reprogram of the battery saver software to allow for a lower charge point on the battery since they can not fix the true battery issue. Would really like correctly functional windows and accessories working in accessory mode.

This issue is ridiculous since the car is supposed to charge the battery, not the owner or the dealer. I had the battery replaced in January and the TSB 13-5-1 done and still have the problem. Dealer is contacting Ford again as there is nothing he knows to do, sadly. So, since my battery voltage was 11.9 and a voltage below 12.15 causes battery saver to kick in, I put mine on the lawnmower's charger over night to see if it will take and hold a charge. Now reads 12.74. In theory they checked the battery when TSB was done but who really knows. I asked the service manager to check with Ford about a reprogram of the battery saver software to allow for a lower charge point on the battery since they can not fix the true battery issue. Would really like correctly functional windows and accessories working in accessory mode.

IMHO the battery is way too small for the load that is constantly applied to it. (multiple computers, alarm system, and who knows what else. The CCA designation is strange because this battery is not used to crank the engine. The battery should be a deep discharge battery such as a marine battery as opposed to a normal car battery which is designed for a short burst of high amperage and then immediately be recharged. Hence the CCA rating.

The battery is proprietary to Ford and there are no specifications published anywhere that I can find. The only place a replacement is available is from Ford.

The same was true of the 12 volt battery in my 2010 Fusion Hybrid.

I have a 30 ampere battery charger that displays the battery's state of charge while it is charging. After the car sat for 2.5 days the battery was down to 37% state of charge. A deep discharge battery will maintain it's voltage much better than a standard car battery will as it is being discharged.

My car is scheduled to get the TSB on Wednesday and I will rerun my 2.5 day test after it is installed. I don't expect much to change because the battery was fully charged before I ran the 2.5 day test.

Well as I said the other day I started getting the bs message again after it got warmer here and I was using the global open feature before getting to my car in the parking lot. But yesterday it got to about 40 degrees over night here and when I went out and got in the car to go on a short trip all the safety failures started flashing again. Abs not working and light lit on dash, Front collision warning system disabled which stops adaptive cruise control from working, Hill start assit not available, which continuously comes on and chimes to warn you it's not working during the entire duration of my 40 minute ride about every 30 seconds or so.

The last time this happened the dealer said that it was due to the low battery issue, they recharged the battery and it didn't happen again until now (about 2 months ago). I'm going to make an appointment with my dealer and I'm going to get the tsb done and I'm going to demand that the battery is replaced, not recharged this time. The car is only 3 months old and only has 1900 miles on it this is not acceptable to me any longer, it one thing to deal with convenience features not working, but now it is effecting safety features and that is not ok.

All the new Fords do that now when the battery is weak. Test drove a Focus that had a low battery and it did the same thing everytime I accelerated, all the lights lit up and warning chimes went off.

Took a trip back to my parents' house in the mountains of West Virginia this past holiday weekend. Car drove well getting there (43 MPG on mountainous highways, no complaints) but throughout the weekend I kept getting a different chime sound (almost more aggressive, but no warnings or indicators otherwise) upon turning the car on, and a battery saver message on shutoff. Now that I'm back in Va, I'm no longer getting this. I'm curious.

Guess your car was lacking oxygen from the high altitudes. It was Delirious!

We'll my battery saver mode is back also. Came in a while ago and took it in. Windows lost 1 touch mode also. Car is in the shop again now and I'll see what tomorrow brings. Last time they reset the" battery monitor ." Let's see what happens this time. I really like this car and hope this doesn't turn into an unsolvable problem. I'll post if they do anything other than the tsb's.

Got my car back after a couple of days. Tech checked for codes and work order says it had quite a few "U" codes. The battery was charged for 2 hrs and tested again and failed. WO also mentions "no pinpoint tests in manual yet" They replaced the battery and kept it overnight once more. Time will tell I guess. Car seems the same so far. Mileage matches a few short trips I usually take. A few 20 mile commutes to work will tell the truth though.

Getting "Battery Saver Off" message again, 60 days ago dealer charged battery and said was fixed. Message returned this time about 50% of time.. Anyone have TSB 13-05-1 done with replacing 12v battery and it solved problem????????????

Had the TSB done and everything is OK. Just charging the battery isn't going to fix it and the dealer should know this. The TSB changes how the battery charges. It also changes at what point the message will come on.

Had the TSB done and everything is OK. Just charging the battery isn't going to fix it and the dealer should know this. The TSB changes how the battery charges. It also changes at what point the message will come on.

Got it, thanks,,, plan to get done next week with installation of proper leather shifter, have to wait on crackling fix till Mid late July, due to parts Backorder,