Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

How To Reset MyFord Touch w/out losing your presets

MyFord Touch MFT Reset

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Bryan Burch

Bryan Burch

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 88 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion HyTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

Thank you so much!  This helped me reset after MFT forgot my phone.

• neod192 likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   gmarshall

gmarshall

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 55 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2018 White Gold FFH Platinum
  • My Hybrid's Year:2018

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

I believe that I have extracted these files to the root of my USB flash drive, these are the three (3) files that it shows when I look at this drive. Would someone please tell me if these are the correct files that should be there before I try to run this program.

autoinstall.lst
DelayedReboot.cab
ReadMe.txt

If these are not correct would someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to extract the correct files to my USB flash drive and what files I should be seeing.

#23 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

IIRC, I saved the zip file to my PC's hard drive, then unzipped it to the USB drive, and when I did that the three files you mention were on there, but I think maybe there was also a "zip within a zip" file that also went onto the USB -- when all the proper files are on the USB, it will autorun when the USB drive is attached in the car.

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#24 OFFLINE   gmarshall

gmarshall

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 55 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2018 White Gold FFH Platinum
  • My Hybrid's Year:2018

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

Thank you jeff_h I will try this tonight and see if it works correctly.

#25 OFFLINE   jonessoda

jonessoda

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 33 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Hey folks,

I just tried doing this because my climate control freaked out on me a few days ago. The app installed like the instruction said, but when I shut off the car, nothing ever happens. All the instructions say is that if this happens, "something went wrong". I tried it twice to no avail. Anyone have anything like that happen?

Thanks!

#26 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

So.....here we are almost exactly a year later and all the people at the Ford "help line" have to offer is the Factory Reset button that wipes out EVERYTHING.

Settings

Options

Phone directory

Station presets

Saved Nav. points.....some of which are addresses that you may not have a ready reference for to re-enter them again

Today my Nav went screwy.  Going to any screen that needed the keyboard showed only the Q key available.

A reset fixed it and I didn't have much entered in there but......

HOW PATHETIC AN EXCUSE IS THIS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE !?!?!?!?

If something like this happens again, AFTER I do have a lot of information saved in there......I will be HOPPING mad.  LIVID probably.

OK, maybe I will just TELL Ford that I am .......if this little thing works.

The big question IS, after a year, why hasn't this become part of the "standard answers" for the help line people ??

I still like my car but it won't take but about one more example of Ford's terrible service to make me STOP giving it a good recommendation.

Oh, and stuff just randomly breaking and things going haywire probably should be expected.......since Sync IS a Microsoft product.

Would you stand for it if your PC lost all of your documents and other saved items every time you needed to reboot it ???

I think not.

There is no excuse for the Sync/Touch system to NOT having a soft reset option.

ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE.

After a whole year, why has there not been a software patch issued to ADD a soft reset option ????

Hey Ford rep.........are you there ???

P.S.  Since this "fix" was created in '13......does anybody know for sure if it will work with the '14 MY version of Sync ??

Edited by Easy Rider, 03 May 2014 - 08:05 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 308 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Model T
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hey Ford rep.........are you there ???

Hi Easy Rider, 

I certainly am! Although the master reset is the best reset option available within MyFord Touch, the system should not require a master reset on a regular basis. If you find yourself having ongoing MyFord Touch concerns that require this reset, I suggest visiting your Ford dealership to see what is going on. 

I'd also like to point out that if you have an active subscription to SYNC Services, you can also add your favorite navigation destinations right to your account. Even after performing a master reset, you will be able to access these saved points. Visit this page for more information about SYNC Services: http://support.ford....nc-myford-touch Send me a PM with your VIN and mobile phone number if you'd like me to check if these are available for your vehicle. 

Kim

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t@FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFusion facebook.com/Ford

#28 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

That SYNC option is probably available to me; I've got just about every option that is offered.

The REAL question, which you did not address however is:

If there is a "soft reset" available which will NOT wipe out the user's settings, why after a year or more has Ford/Microsoft not made that widely known and available ??

That is a SERIOUS question that I think it deserves a serious and honest answer.

I will certainly understand if you don't have access to that kind of information........but SOMEBODY at Ford should, don't you think ??

It seems that this affects a lot of owners as various components of the SYNC system just stop working.

Probably a lot MORE who aren't here and don't know that there is a "better way".

And lastly, I'm "old school" and won't be storing my favorite destinations anywhere that I don't have full and complete control over........not knowingly anyway.

#29 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 497 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Ti Hybrid, C-Max Energi, Mustang GT convertible, Triumph TR7 convertible, Toyota Highlander

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

I'd also like to point out that if you have an active subscription to SYNC Services, you can also add your favorite navigation destinations right to your account. Even after performing a master reset, you will be able to access these saved points. Visit this page for more information about SYNC Services: http://support.ford....nc-myford-touch Send me a PM with your VIN and mobile phone number if you'd like me to check if these are available for your vehicle. 

Kim

Kim,

I added destinations and get the traffic reports, but I don't see the destinations in my nav listing.  Where do they show up?  Or do I need to add  them a second time to use Nav to get there and monitor traffic on the nav screen?

#30 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• 308 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

That SYNC option is probably available to me; I've got just about every option that is offered.

The REAL question, which you did not address however is:

If there is a "soft reset" available which will NOT wipe out the user's settings, why after a year or more has Ford/Microsoft not made that widely known and available ??

That is a SERIOUS question that I think it deserves a serious and honest answer.

I will certainly understand if you don't have access to that kind of information........but SOMEBODY at Ford should, don't you think ??

It seems that this affects a lot of owners as various components of the SYNC system just stop working.

Probably a lot MORE who aren't here and don't know that there is a "better way".

And lastly, I'm "old school" and won't be storing my favorite destinations anywhere that I don't have full and complete control over........not knowingly anyway.

Hey Easy Rider, 

Since the resource that neod192 posted was not created by Ford, I am unable to suggest this as a troubleshooting option. The master reset is available within the settings of the MyFord Touch system, which is why you will see me recommend this procedure time to time. 

Kim,

I added destinations and get the traffic reports, but I don't see the destinations in my nav listing.  Where do they show up?  Or do I need to add  them a second time to use Nav to get there and monitor traffic on the nav screen?

Hi tr7driver, 

When adding a destination on our website: www.Support.Ford.com it will ask you to name it. Once you save a destination, your active phone must be connected to the MyFord Touch system to access it. Press the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and say SERVICES. From there, you can request directions via voice commands to the name of the saved point that was added. Once it appears on your MyFord Touch screen, press SAVE TO FAVORITES. This will save it to your actual navigation system. 

Kim

t@FordService @Ford

#31 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

Hey Easy Rider, 

Since the resource that neod192 posted was not created by Ford, I am unable to suggest this as a troubleshooting option. The master reset is available within the settings of the MyFord Touch system, which is why you will see me recommend this procedure time to time. 

Kim

Hey, Kim:

OK so let's rephrase a bit.

I think this is a MAJOR oversight on the part of Ford and/or Microsoft.

A "fix" for their oversight has been available for about a year now......and yet my '14 model still has the problem.

It could, no doubt, be fixed with a  "patch" that adds a "soft reset" option to the menu.

Doing that should be a trivial exercise for Microsoft.

YET IT ISN'T BEING DONE.

I want to know how to register a SERIOUS complaint to someone at Ford who actually has the power to REALLY look into it

and get it FIXED.......instead of just giving excuses and lip service.  No personal offense intended because I know that YOU don't have that power.......but strongly suspect that you can find out who DOES.

I appreciate your responses.  Hope you can point me in the right direction.

#32 OFFLINE   DeeCee

DeeCee

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2004 Toyota Tacoma, 2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

"Not created by Ford" is a pretty lame reason for not acting on something so simple and useful for the owners.

2017 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Reserve

MKZ Technology package

White Platinum

Cappuccino Leather

#33 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

"Not created by Ford" is a pretty lame reason for not acting on something so simple and useful for the owners.

Came in right handy for my on the 2013 SE Hybrid, used it 3 times when the car was on Sync 3.5.1 -- then did not need it again once I upgraded to 3.6.2.  But you're right, one would think it would be pretty easy for developers to adapt that functionality into a 'warm reboot' or 'soft reset' option that the owner could employ without wiping out everything.

204627.png

#34 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Thank you.  That is what I was trying to say. :)

#35 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

Yes, I'm lazy.....and my car is not here right now to follow through.......

How does one check the version of Sync you presently have ?

#36 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Sync 3.6.2 was released in August 2013, so if your build date is around or after that, good chance you already have 3.6.2 -- you can go to your syncmyride.com account and it should tell on the right hand side.

• GrySql likes this

204627.png

#37 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• 308 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

Hey, Kim:

...I want to know how to register a SERIOUS complaint to someone at Ford who actually has the power to REALLY look into it

and get it FIXED.......instead of just giving excuses and lip service.  No personal offense intended because I know that YOU don't have that power.......but strongly suspect that you can find out who DOES.

I appreciate your responses.  Hope you can point me in the right direction. ...

Hi Easy Rider, 

Please send me a PM with your VIN, current mileage, best phone number, and full name. I'll submit your suggestion and have it associated with your account. Keep an eye out for software updates at: www.Support.Ford.com You can check the current software version right from this website (like jeff_h mentioned). You can also check from the MyFord Touch screen by pressing the 2 gears > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION. The last 5 digits of the CCPU number will read: 13171 if the latest software (V3.6.2) has been installed. 

Kim

t@FordService @Ford

#38 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

Done.  Thank you.

#39 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• 308 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:58 PM

Done.  Thank you.

You're welcome. I received your PM and I'll respond shortly. :)

Kim

t@FordService @Ford

#40 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts