neod192

How To Reset MyFord Touch w/out losing your presets

I can corroborate the above fix for my car anyway, as neod192 provided it to me via PM after my sync had stopped talking or listening to me once and forced me to do a 'master reset' -- which resets EVERYTHING to factory defaults and thus wipes out phone pairing and saved navigation points, etc. See the thread on BOF about "sync stopped talking".

So when it happened again a month or so later, I made another post in that BOF thread and neod192 provided me the info, I tried the first time and got an error 'application failed to run' -- along with the zip file for the reboot app there is a readme.txt file which tells you to extract the zip directly to the flash drive rather than extract to PC and copy to flash drive. If you don't extract directly to flash drive you will get the error message and that's why the above post has the caveat to make sure you do so.

So after extracting directly to flash drive, the app did exactly what it said, rebooted sync so the lady started talking and listening again, but had no effect on the phone pairing or the locations that I had saved in navigation.

I will try again when I'm home from work with a different USB. So once you extract, the USB drive just has that "delayed reboot" folder? Thank you everyone for your responses!

Looking at the files that were extracted onto the flash drive - extract directly onto flash drive rather than extract to a folder on PC and copy over to flash drive

1) Readme (text file)

2) DelayedReboot (zip file)

3) autoinstall (LST file)

Yeah I'm not thrilled with this version of Sync... my 2010 had Sync v3.0 and then 3.1 (I think), probably seem like ancient versions now but they worked perfectly every day I had the car.

So far no issues with 3.5.1 MFT in the Flex, and its identical to the Fusion except the hybrid screen.

Had to resort to this yet again. This is the third time sync loses its ability to connect to my phone in 5 1/2 weeks of ownership.

Mine has lost its voice twice, tried to think of the conditions that were present right before it happened. Pretty sure I was using navigation each time, and think I was also using iPod through USB at the time too... though did that today and no problems. I wish I could go back to the sync in my 2010, was much more stable if you ask me.

I wish I didn't have to bump this topic, but she stopped talking and listening to me yet again, this was the third time.

It happened yesterday, where I had switched from listening to Sirius to iPod on USB, and before I shut if off I had switched back to Sirius for the last 20 minutes of the trip (iPod still plugged in) and shut off the car when I got home. Went back out a couple hours later, drove away from the house while still on Sirius, hit the button on steering wheel to use the voice command, the "listening" icon showed on the bottom left corner of the MFT screen but there was no audible chime and "please say a command"... and no recognitiion of anything that I said. I had not used the navigation function in several days, so that was not a factor this time - if it was even a factor last time, who knows.

So this morning I ran the delayed reboot app again (I keep the flash drive and instruction page in the center console, good thing I guess), it worked fine again but I have no idea why it acted up yet again.

So once again I think back to how my old Sync version 3.1 (I think that is what it was) in my 2010 FFH was flawless, but I should be happy since I am enjoying this 'new and improved' 3.5.1 version with MFT.

Edited by jeff_h

Hey guys. Pinned this one since its a good piece of information, used it myself in fact.

Note, you do need to move the files to a different folder if you use the same USB drive for you r music, or it will load it every time you start the car, at least mine did.

IIRC, I saved the zip file to my PC's hard drive, then unzipped it to the USB drive, and when I did that the three files you mention were on there, but I think maybe there was also a "zip within a zip" file that also went onto the USB -- when all the proper files are on the USB, it will autorun when the USB drive is attached in the car.