srogers

Displaying the factory set code with intelligent access keys

That sounds very possible and fits my numbers.

Very nice solution, well done ??

Can you tell us where in the manual are the instructions to read out the key code?

Just to confirm, you're talking about the key code (which I am missing), and not the

door keypad code, correct?

Can you tell us where in the manual are the instructions to read out the key code?

Just to confirm, you're talking about the key code (which I am missing), and not the

door keypad code, correct?

Correct we are talking about the key code you need for a replacement key.

In the manual I have on my phone it's page 57. Interesting enough they are talking about the factory key code so go figure.

Here is a screen shot not sure how well it will show up.

B952D988-7EC7-401C-A094-DD13992B239A-100

But as we have discovered this code also works for the keypad if you flip the numbers. So if you have ABCDE on the key code; EDCBA should open the door via keypad.

Ah got it, thanks. Missed the fact that I can get this myself.

I will try this from home tonight. But it really doesn't say this is

the IA key code and not the keypad code. I'll do it and find

out, I have the keypad code card, no issues with that.

So now murphy says that the digits are swapped, is this for everybody? I assume that

for those who have the original code, then they do the read out - this is where you

realized the digits are swapped? What the heck...?

Edited by smr2112

But as we have discovered this code also works for the keypad if you flip the numbers. So if you have ABCDE on the key code; EDCBA should open the door via keypad.

Does this reversed code match the credit card sized card with the factory code for the door?

Does this reversed code match the credit card sized card with the factory code for the door?

Yes it does. That is how I figured out it is reversed.

This is NOT the key code for cutting a new key. The cut code for my IA keys bears no resemblence to the code recovered with the procedure.

There is only one common digit between the two codes.

See, now this makes alot more sense to me. They description seemed like the keypad code.

I'll know tonight.

So why is it reversed then? Is this a bug/flaw?

Yes it does at least to a point that if you try the key code in reverse order it unlocks the door.

Let's say "my" key code is 11719 but my keypad code is 01711 based on the credit card. Since 0 and 9 are the same button the code works; I just tried it.

See, now this makes alot more sense to me. They description seemed like the keypad code.

I'll know tonight.

So why is it reversed then? Is this a bug/flaw?

This is the kind of mistake that an inexperienced programmer would make.

He (she) was told to display the number and failed to ask where the most significant digit was stored.

Reminds me of the Intel 8080 microprocessor where a 16 bit word was stored with the least significant byte first and the most significant byte last.

Oh, it's a Big Endian/Little Endian problem, why didn't you say so... :headspin:

My wife thought I was joking when I told her only people with a degree in Computer

Science can figure out how to drive this car...

It's funny but that was probably my fault; when we were talking and going thru the checklist I kept nodding because I already knew most of the stuff; like the the syncmyride account you need.

He actually told that I had already done his job...

He probably showed me where he placed the card but I had only eyes for my new car which was waiting for me on the other side of the showroom window

On the other hand I didn't really see a need for the keypad anyway; until this very day that my not quite 2 year old decided to lock the doors from the inside while the car was running.

I felt the same way when I took possession. It was hard to concentrate on anything they were telling me. It was like information overload at a time when all I wanted to do was get in my car and drive off. In retrospect, having a refresher a week after taking possession would be very helpful. At that point you may have figured some things out on your own, and may have other things you need answered.

I have read through this entire thread and found myself confused. I have a 2013 Fusion SE that I just purchased this week. It was a rental car. I picked it up with 21k on it and so far love it. My problem is that the plastic factory info card did not come with the car. I do have the packet with the manual in it and the various other info including key cut info but I do not have the door access code. I have searched under the dash on the drivers side and found two spots with numbers on them. One spot was on a white sticker with a QR code on it right over the brake pedal. None of the numbers worked. The other was found on a module right on the bottom left corner of the dash when you open the cover. It looks like that hooks up to the diagonstic port. Which number do I use and how is it reversed/mixed up?

Thanks

Post #28 in this thread describes how to get the keypad code using the two keys that came with the car. It also describes how to reverse the numbers. I have not found the keypad code on any stickers under my dashboard.

The plastic card should have been in a pocket on the outside of the case that the Owner's Manual was in.

It also says further on that the two keys just show you the key code and the card is not in any pockets. It is missing.

Thanks

It also says further on that the two keys just show you the key code and the card is not in any pockets. It is missing.

Thanks

It does NOT show you the key code. It shows the default keypad code. I have done it several times. That is how I learned the numbers were displayed in reverse order.

You are right, it worked. Thanks so much for the help.

I have tried multiple time with the IA key fobs doing the procedure on page 57 with no luck. Are there some tricks or tips to get it to show the code?

I have tried multiple time with the IA key fobs doing the procedure on page 57 with no luck. Are there some tricks or tips to get it to show the code?

Key ring up and buttons facing the rear of the car.

Doors closed so there are no extra messages on the left screen.

You must memorize the procedure. There is not enough time to read the steps in the manual as you do them.

What is interesting, I purchased a used 2014 and of course I didn't have the code. I did the steps in the book and it gave me my five digits. I put those five digits in without reversing any numbers and I was able to add my own code. I had also locked the doors and took my keys in the house. I was able to get into the car using the code they provided. What year of vehicles is everybody reversing the codes on?

Bumping this. I bought a used FFE 2013 with one 'mykey'. I just got it reprogrammed with two admin keys (bought one off eBay). I've had no success retrieving the factory set code (page 57). I'm not that clueless and followed instructions to the tee. Is there some timeout or do I need to step on the brake or?

You must memorize the process. You can't stop and read the manual for the next step. It's a smooth flow with no breaks. Make sure the keys are inserted with the keyring up and the buttons toward the rear of the car. The number appears in the left display and at least in a 2013 the digits are in reverse order. Start with the car off and do not press the brake pedal. The number will appear after the error messages are done. It won't be there long so write it down or record it with an audio recorder.

You must memorize the process. You can't stop and read the manual for the next step. It's a smooth flow with no breaks. Make sure the keys are inserted with the keyring up and the buttons toward the rear of the car. The number appears in the left display and at least in a 2013 the digits are in reverse order. Start with the car off and do not press the brake pedal. The number will appear after the error messages are done. It won't be there long so write it down or record it with an audio recorder.

THANK YOU! I just brought home a 13 Energi and I tried the process as described in the manual about 12 times, never worked. After reading this post, I closed the door, didn't touch the brake pedal and performed the steps smoothly. It worked as described and as you said, the code was inverted.

Just reading this thread and thought I would provide a link to a video demonstrating the procedure to display your SecuriCode using both your keyfobs. The demonstration is at 3 minutes in. The last minute is spent using the F word to play with the voice activation system (NSFW) which ruins the video..

(I didn't know the trick to use the keypad to open the trunk until I watched this video.)

5 things you might not know about your Ford Fusion..

I do not know what years and what packages of Fusion this works with (obviously you need the Intelligent Access key fob option on your fusion)

I am collecting names for the 5 digit code you use on the door frame. So far I have:

• SecuriCode
  • Factory Door Code
  • Keyless Code
  • Keyless Entry Code
  • Factory Code
  • Factory Set Code
  • “Permanent Access Code to the Keyless Entry System” (on the card)

None of these should be confused with your unique 5 digit "security label" used to identify YOUR key from all the other Fords out there (which seems useless since the VIN should also work..)