srogers

Displaying the factory set code with intelligent access keys

I cannot locate the wallet card that has the 5-digit entry code for the securicode keyless entry keypad. I tried using the procedure in the owners manual (page 57) for displaying the factory set code for intelligent access keys but it didn't work. Has anyone been able to use this procedure to retrieve the code?

I didnt know you can from the MFT. Usually the code can be found by looking for the sticker on the module, but I dont know where the 13 one is located, the 10-12 I believe is up under the dash.

I tried the procedure in the owners manual to retrieve the code and it worked. So then I tried unlocking the doors using the code - didn't work. Then I tried changing the code - didn't work. Nothing works. Not from the outside touch pad nor inside on the touch screen. The only thing I can do is retrieve the factory code - just can't do anything with it. Maybe I'm missing something.

I tried the procedure in the owners manual to retrieve the code and it worked. So then I tried unlocking the doors using the code - didn't work. Then I tried changing the code - didn't work. Nothing works. Not from the outside touch pad nor inside on the touch screen. The only thing I can do is retrieve the factory code - just can't do anything with it. Maybe I'm missing something.

Did you already set a custom code? When you do that, you have the option of deleting the factory code. Is it possible you already did that?

Did you already set a custom code? When you do that, you have the option of deleting the factory code. Is it possible you already did that?

No, this is the first time that I tried using the outside touch pad. My wife has been after me for a while to set a custom code because we couldn't remember the factory code, and srogers' message above prompted me to give it a try.

When I enter a wrong code it says "Wrong code entered". But when I enter the right code it does nothing. And this happend both on the outside touch pad and on the inside MFT screen.

I don't remember the saleman demo-ing that feature when we picked up the car so maybe it has never worked and I just never noticed.

Are the doors locked when you try it? if they are already unlocked, nothing will happen. try pressing 5 after entering the code and see if the trunk unlocks.

Are the doors locked when you try it? if they are already unlocked, nothing will happen. try pressing 5 after entering the code and see if the trunk unlocks.

The doors were locked when I tried it. I went through the manual and tried all the combinations of things it should do and none worked. It also said that if you made enough mistakes you can reset by unlocking with remote and trying again - did that a few times still nothing.

One thing that may or may not enter into this is that last time I was at the dealer, they loaded a bunch of updates. I asked what they were for, but they didn't know. Maybe one of the updates interferred with the operation of this system. Since I never tried the number pad before, don't know if it ever worked, or just now stopped working, or if it's just me.

You can verify the pad works by touching 7/8 and 9/0 together, this will lock all doors. It should light up when you do this too.

So I got out of the car, closed the door, pressed 7/8 and 9/0 together. They all lit up - and that's it. The doors didn't lock. Nothing happened.

Sounds like a bad module, since you are getting power to it.

Thanks to everyone for all of the responses. My dealer called today to invite me to a Sync class they were giving and to check if everything was OK with the car. I told them that I didn't have any problems with the car, I only need the Securicode. They will be calling me tomorrow with the code.

Edited by srogers

I learned something while waiting for the oil change.

I did ask my sales guy if there is any trick in unlocking the car via the keypad on the driver side. No he said just type in the number and it unlocks but I couldn't get it to work yesterday.

Turns out and please don't laugh at me; there are two 5 digit codes for the car. The first which you can view in the left hand dash board display by using both keys as described in the manual.

This is not the same code that can be used on the keypad.

There is a second also 5 digit code on a credit card like card which was "hidden" in the cover of the owners manual.

My sales guy showed me where he placed the card; I tried this number and surprise surprise this code unlocked the doors.

Now the next time our little smartie locks the door from the inside we can unlock from the keypad.

Edited by corncobs

I'm surprised the dealer didn't help you program personalized codes when you took delivery. Our salesman had memory seats and access codes on his checklist of things to review with all customers before they drive off in the new car.

It's funny but that was probably my fault; when we were talking and going thru the checklist I kept nodding because I already knew most of the stuff; like the the syncmyride account you need.

He actually told that I had already done his job...

He probably showed me where he placed the card but I had only eyes for my new car which was waiting for me on the other side of the showroom window ?

On the other hand I didn't really see a need for the keypad anyway; until this very day that my not quite 2 year old decided to lock the doors from the inside while the car was running.

I learned something while waiting for the oil change.

I did ask my sales guy if there is any trick in unlocking the car via the keypad on the driver side. No he said just type in the number and it unlocks but I couldn't get it to work yesterday.

Turns out and please don't laugh at me; there are two 5 digit codes for the car. The first which you can view in the left hand dash board display by using both keys as described in the manual.

This is not the same code that can be used on the keypad.

There is a second also 5 digit code on a credit card like card which was "hidden" in the cover of the owners manual.

My sales guy showed me where he placed the card; I tried this number and surprise surprise this code unlocked the doors.

Now the next time our little smartie locks the door from the inside we can unlock from the keypad.

I tried retrieving the code with the 2 keys and then tried using that code to unlock the doors, enter a custom code, etc. and none of that worked. The car didn't reject the code like it was a wrong code, but it did nothing. So, what is the purpose of this code? And why do they tell how to retrieve it in the owners manual if it doesn't do anything (or appear to do anything)?

I tried retrieving the code with the 2 keys and then tried using that code to unlock the doors, enter a custom code, etc. and none of that worked. The car didn't reject the code like it was a wrong code, but it did nothing. So, what is the purpose of this code? And why do they tell how to retrieve it in the owners manual if it doesn't do anything (or appear to do anything)?

That was my problem as well; sorry I wasn't clear on my description.

The code you can retrieve by using the two keys and is displayed in the left cluster is the code the dealer needs to create a new or third key it's the " key code"

The factory code for the keypad is on a separate credit card like card it's also a five digit number but different from the "key code". The card with the factory code should be somewhere in the manual bag or like in my case on the back in one of the three little pouches.

That's the code you need to add custom codes for the keypad; this code always stays as well so if you add one you have two ways of getting into the car; factory code + custom code.

I hope this clarifies the difference.

If you lose that card, the code can be found on the module which may or may not be located under the dash still. on the 10 you can find it if you wiggle up and under so you can see inside the dash and it on the left side of the brake pedal where you might be able to see the sticker, might need a mirror too depending on your agility.

If you lose that card, the code can be found on the module which may or may not be located under the dash still. on the 10 you can find it if you wiggle up and under so you can see inside the dash and it on the left side of the brake pedal where you might be able to see the sticker, might need a mirror too depending on your agility.

I tried to find the same module in my 13' but they might have moved it; at least I was unable to locate a number under the dash near the brake pedal like in the 10'

Well, that was an interesting experiment.

I read out the code for my car.

It was wrong in a predictable way.

If the readout numbers are ABCDE

rearrange them in this order BACED

In other words the first two digist are reversed and the last two digits are reversed.

Only the middle digit is in the right place.

Let us know if it works for you.

Nice idea and I thought the same when I first saw my factory code it looked familiar but doesn't work for my code combinations;

key code: 0ayxx

factory code: xxya9

The middle # is the same but in my case the last two are the first two its like flipped around the center with one # different but it's the same on the keypad.

Not sure if that idea holds true or not.

My middle numbers weren't exactly the same (5/6), but they are the same on the keypad. Close enough.

That brings up an interesting question;

Is a number sequence 01357 the same as 92468 on the keypad?

Or do you have to double tip the 1 key to get to 2?

I haven't tried it it just crossed my mind.

That brings up an interesting question;

Is a number sequence 01357 the same as 92468 on the keypad?

Or do you have to double tip the 1 key to get to 2?

I haven't tried it it just crossed my mind.

1 and 2 are the same. They didn't want 10 physical keys but wanted you to be able to use your favorite 5 digit number.

12121 would be a really poor choice for a code.

Well, that was an interesting experiment.

I read out the code for my car.

It was wrong in a predictable way.

If the readout numbers are ABCDE

rearrange them in this order BACED

In other words the first two digist are reversed and the last two digits are reversed.

Only the middle digit is in the right place.

Let us know if it works for you.

I may have gotten the formula wrong because of the numbers in my code.

If the readout is ABCDE

Try EDCBA

With my code either method gives the same result but this second one is much more likely.