smr2112

Will E-Z Pass (toll tag) interfere with cameras/sensors?

For those of you who live in the Northeast, or elsewhere where you have a toll tag

affixed to the window behind the mirror, I have a question before I mount mine in

the new car...

Will the standard "behind the mirror" windshield mounting interfere at all with

the cameras or other sensors that are part of the mirror? For the lane keeping

system, for example?

Good, very easy to move if needed.

I did find out, if you happen to have NJ EZPass, you can get a discount for tolls in NJ/PA

for having a Green Car with 45 MPG. I did check, and as expected the Hybrid meets CA SULEV.

Doesn't say you have to actually *get* that mileage, just rates for that...

Enroll in Green Plan:

Green Pass Discount Plan (Tag specific)
Enrolled E-ZPass customers will receive a discount off the full fare off-peak toll on the New Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway. Vehicles that obtain at least 45 miles per gallon and meet the California Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) standard are eligible for the discount. To enroll in the plan the customer must submit a request in writing along with proof of eligibility (a copy of vehicle registration) to:

NJ EZ-PASS Customer Service Center
P.O. BOX 52003
Newark, NJ 07101-8203

The customer may also bring the proof of eligibility to the Newark, DRBA or Camden Customer Service Centers.

Edited by smr2112

The camera is mounted to the windshield underneath that black cover. The only thing on the mirror is the autodim sensor. The only way to clock the lanekeeping/autodim/rainsensing, is to put something on the outside of the windshield to cover it, then the car will just keep yelling Take it off Take it off!

Wait until you have a very foggy day and all sensors start to yell at you! I had all of them yelling at some point one day, Cruise, Lane keeping, collision avoidance, highbeams. That was fun.

Now that I have the car, I see how big that cover is on the windshield, so no simple place

to mount the EZ-Pass. Probably up against the top edge of the windshield which will

be visible, but not blocking anything I hope.