neod192

Regenerative Braking System & Coasting

The car charges when you lift your foot completely off the gas, but charges much quicker if you apply light pressure instead of coasting. This took the longest for me to get used to compared to the old Hybrid. Instead of coasting, use the brake, you will find that its not much different. Also what it does not like is firmer pressure towards the end of the stop, it takes a bit to get the feel of when its is regen, or hydraulic. it is a totally different animal compared the the first gen Fusion and the Toyota HSD in how it works. It has much more emphasis on using the regen braking than the others.

It took me a few months when I got my first Hybrid, a Prius, before I started to get good MPG in it, the good part is that it transfers easier into a non Hybrid once you get the hang of it.

Looks like Ford is trying to capture as much regen as possible in these.

You can if you want, but I did a better test. I had my wife follow me in the 10. She had to ride the brakes every time I took my foot off the gas to keep from running into me. Thats how much it slowed down. The only time it didnt slow like that and coasted like the 10 was when the battery was fully charged, then it rolled nicely.

OK I will keep an eye on the battery as well. But I remember that test and honestly if I take my foot of the gas it doesn't feel like such a sharp deceleration that people behind me would need their brakes.

Lets see what happens on the way home it's gonna be interesting.

I heard the same, its hit or miss it seems, some cars do, some don't. I guess it depends on what you are used to driving too.

I do that too. Watched a Special kind of Stupid in a pickup today blow past me, then I rolled through the next green light that he was stopped at when red.

Stops? We no need no stinkin stops? Floor it muchachos!

Do older Fusion models show this?

Yep! any time a reverse power application happens, braking, coasting, going downhill, accelerating when cold, my battery shows a charge in the 10.