Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Fusion Pet Peeves

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

It uses all the front sensors. Both the ones that look straight ahead and the ones on the side of the bumper that are used for parking. It warns you if any sensor gets close to another object.

No, it does not use the ones on the side.  Those are a totally different type of sensor.used by the active park, they are not used by the park aid (beeping).  But the park aid sensors do have a field of view beyond what is just directly in front.  Just like the rear sensors will pick up the sides of my garage door, the front ones can pick up objects slightly to the side of the car.

As an aside, note that Ford has made vehicles with just front park aid (09-12 Lincoln MKS) that did not have active park or it's sensors and also makes vehicles with active park (Focus) that do not have the front park aid sensors.

• acdii likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#162 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

No, it does not use the ones on the side.  Those are a totally different type of sensor.used by the active park, they are not used by the park aid (beeping).  But the park aid sensors do have a field of view beyond what is just directly in front.  Just like the rear sensors will pick up the sides of my garage door, the front ones can pick up objects slightly to the side of the car.

As an aside, note that Ford has made vehicles with just front park aid (09-12 Lincoln MKS) that did not have active park or it's sensors and also makes vehicles with active park (Focus) that do not have the front park aid sensors.

Same with the Flex and MKT, has park assist but no front sensors. My mom has a 2009 MKS with the front sensors and no park assist, the thing about the MKS is you dont see the sensors in the bumpers like you do the other cars, in fact I have to take a look at the T, I dont recall seeing the sensors on it either for the backup and parking. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#163 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

So your complaint is that when you park close to a wall or something in front of the car that the front sensors start beeping when you put it in reverse?

Yes.  Exactly.

That noise comes on coincident with the activation of the backup camera and the rear sensors.

The effect is that you wonder where the danger is and don't see any thing .....until you look at the dash and see the "front parking sensor" warning.

#164 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

Yes.  Exactly.

That noise comes on coincident with the activation of the backup camera and the rear sensors.

The effect is that you wonder where the danger is and don't see any thing .....until you look at the dash and see the "front parking sensor" warning.

The front sensors make a higher pitched beep. Perhaps with time your ears will learn to distinguish the higher pitched beep from the lower pitched beep which could help. I believe that when both front & back are detecting an object the beep you hear will be for whichever sensor is closest.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#165 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

Same with the Flex and MKT, has park assist but no front sensors. My mom has a 2009 MKS with the front sensors and no park assist, the thing about the MKS is you dont see the sensors in the bumpers like you do the other cars, in fact I have to take a look at the T, I dont recall seeing the sensors on it either for the backup and parking. 

The MKT has the rear sensors cleverly hidden within the lower reflectors.

• hybridbear likes this

#166 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

The front sensors make a higher pitched beep. Perhaps with time your ears will learn to distinguish the higher pitched beep from the lower pitched beep which could help. 

Thanks for the information but I doubt that will happen.

It would help MUCH more if it was designed with some semblance of logic......and had the front center sensors turned OFF when in  reverse. 

#167 OFFLINE   razol

razol

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

I had only two minor issues:

The DRLs on US made Fusions are not enabled.  I remedied this rather simply, by simply having the dealer program them to be on.  

The second issue is that in heavy traffic the parking aid sensors will sometimes activate, then I get the beep beep beep every few seconds as if I am trying to park.  Although driving in traffic in the DC area feels like parking, I am actually just commuting.  I am not sure how Ford might fix this as to the car bumper to bumper traffic seems a lot like a parking scenario. 

• GrySql likes this

218842.png

#168 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Is it possible that you are closer than 12 inches to the car in front of you ? (guessing that is about the trigger distance for the front alarm)

If so, in my opinion, that problem is not with the design of the car.   :)

#169 OFFLINE   razol

razol

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

No, has nothing to do with the car in front of me, it is sensing the cars in the adjacent lane as they creep past me.  I would never be so close to the care in front of me.

218842.png

#170 OFFLINE   razol

razol

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

I think that it is the outermost sensors on the side of the bumper that pick this up.  When it happens the rear alert goes off first, then the front, until the car passes me.  Once in a while it will also trigger the Vehicle Coming from Left alert in the info screen as well.

Edited by razol, 08 August 2014 - 12:45 PM.

218842.png

#171 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

WOW.  I can see how that would get old REAL quick.

I'm sure a lot of us drive in what would LOOK like heavy traffic about every time we approach a stoplight or sign and I don't remember anyone else here

commenting on that.

My only thought would be to turn the collision alert level down but it really sounds like you might have a defect of some kind.

#172 OFFLINE   StopTheExcuses

StopTheExcuses

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 29 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

Ok, so a couple for me.  I can't believe that a car with a sticker price of $35k has just a wire loom coming from the headliner to the rear view mirror.  Even my 2007 pathfinder has a plastic, square sleeve.  I do realize that if you get the ACC and RSW you get the box, but it should come with some kind of covering instead of loom.  Also, I also can't believe a car with as much technology as the fusion does not have HID head lights.  I realize Ford has to cut costs somewhere but surprising nonetheless. 

#173 OFFLINE   wmpwi

wmpwi

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 117 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH Silver

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Passenger seat. My wife can't see out of the windows. Needs to be 6 way power. The other thing that drives me nuts is the word hybrid on the door. It looks like it should line up with the door bottom edge rather that tilted up toward the back. I always want to straighten it like a crooked picture.

Edited by wmpwi, 21 August 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#174 OFFLINE   Hybrider

Hybrider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Awesome FFH SE

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:11 PM

...The other thing that drives me nuts is the word hybrid on the door. It looks like it should line up with the door bottom edge rather that tilted up toward the back. I always want to straighten it like a crooked picture.

The OCD part of me agrees with you, but the "HYBRID" emblem does seem to be aligned to the crease right below it.

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver (Appearance Package)

Ordered: 01/07/2014 | VIN assigned: 01/14/2014 | Window Sticker: 02/05/2014 | Build Date: 02/12/2014 | Arrived at Dealer: 02/25/2014 | Delivered: 02/27/2014

#175 OFFLINE   wmpwi

wmpwi

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 117 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH Silver

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

I know but I think it was the wrong choice. I actually considered removing them. I don't think the crease is pronounced enough to help me appreciate their intent.

#176 OFFLINE   jonessoda

jonessoda

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 33 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

I know but I think it was the wrong choice. I actually considered removing them. I don't think the crease is pronounced enough to help me appreciate their intent.

Do it! I think it looks so much better without the gaudy lettering all over it. I removed all of the lettering from the car (including Fusion and SE).

enKuT95.jpg

• lesjoh likes this

#177 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,009 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

Do it! I think it looks so much better without the gaudy lettering all over it. I removed all of the lettering from the car (including Fusion and SE).

Agreed. That looks very clean. Very sharp.

#178 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

I have a Police Interceptor badge that I am thinking of putting on the trunk as a joke. 

• corncobs likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#179 OFFLINE   lesjoh

lesjoh

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

My seat heater turns on by itself.  Is any one else having this issue?  I really don't need it on in August!  The service department can't duplicate the problem, but the heater came on again when I was driving home.

#180 OFFLINE   lesjoh

lesjoh

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

enKuT95.jpg

Your car looks great without the lettering!!  How did you remove them?  Any problem with adhesive residue?  My car is ruby red and I wonder if the paint has faded enough to be noticeable if I remove the lettering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·