fusionTX

Fusion Pet Peeves

My biggest peeve is the number of recalls the FFH and MKZh have had. We still have three to four outstanding recalls each to have done on both cars. Every few months or so we get a recall notice. Soooo tired of it. Grrrrr!

My biggest peeve is the number of recalls the FFH and MKZh have had. We still have three to four outstanding recalls each to have done on both cars. Every few months or so we get a recall notice. Soooo tired of it. Grrrrr!

They are an inconvenience but the alternative is not getting minor and/or serious problems fixed. In the past they did not get fixed and sometimes people died because of known problems that were not recalled (like GM ignition switch).

The real issue for me is I have 3 Fords, all with at least one open recalls, but parts aren't available for any of them.

Yet we know that those parts are available just not to cars with the recalls. The new/updated part is being installed on new vehicles. That is my pet peeve.

Yet we know that those parts are available just not to cars with the recalls. The new/updated part is being installed on new vehicles. That is my pet peeve.

I'm sure the manufacturer can only make them so fast, and they certainly shouldn't be putting the old part on new vehicles!

I've lost track of what each of my vehicles needs, but in the meantime, they're both serving us well. Heck, my MPGs are even better than expected! My biggest pet peeve is the scratch I put on the rear quarter panel of mine... :(

Do it! I think it looks so much better without the gaudy lettering all over it. I removed all of the lettering from the car (including Fusion and SE).

enKuT95.jpg

The Hybrid lettering/symbol is put on three sides of the car so that fire and EMS know that the vehicle is a Hybrid in the event of a collision that requires extrication of the vehicle occupants. We don't want first responders inadvertently cutting into high voltage cables.

You raise a good question that I cannot answer. However, my statement above was based upon the Firehouse Magazine/firehouse.com article entitled "University of Extrication: Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle Identification: Volvo XC90 T8" (March 31, 2015) in which Ron Moore (the author) stated, with regard to the Volvo, that "f the vehicle were compliant with the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J2990 Hybrid and EV First and Second Responder Recommended Practice that went into effect in 2012, three-sided exterior badging (rear and both sides) would be present clearly indicating to all emergency responders that the vehicle is a plug-in hybrid." The purpose is to prevent injury to first responders by allowing them to properly identify these types of vehicles.

I removed the hybrid badges (left the Fusion badge in place) from my 2015 FFH. Only my opinion - but the hybrid badges seemed overdone on the FFH and I did not want to be a rolling billboard advertisement for hybrids. The MKZ hybrid is tastefully done and I would not have removed it.

My neighbor is a fireman and I asked him about about the hybrid badge before removing. He stated that they have processes/procedures they follow and they do not depend on the car's badges.

Regardless of your preference it is a personal choice (and not illegal) and owners should feel free to remove them if they want.