fusionTX

Fusion Pet Peeves

CTA is a PITA, always alerting about things that aren't even there. Backing into my car port, off it goes, backing out of my garage, off it goes. Backing into my parking space, off it goes. Majority of hte time there is nothing there, then when something IS there, it doesn't go off. The one in the 2010 was never like this, it actually worked when it was supposed to.

My solution to the Nav screen controls sensitivity Pet Peeves.

I purchased a tablet screen protector at the dollar store and cut it to fit. I got tired of looking at all the fingerprints on the screen, so I decided to try one of these. Well, as a bonus I found that it also cuts back on how sensitive the touch controls are. I can now reach for a button and only the one I press goes on. Hooray :love_shower: no more air going on when I just want to change the radio!

Hope this helps! :)

No, it does not use the ones on the side. Those are a totally different type of sensor.used by the active park, they are not used by the park aid (beeping). But the park aid sensors do have a field of view beyond what is just directly in front. Just like the rear sensors will pick up the sides of my garage door, the front ones can pick up objects slightly to the side of the car.

As an aside, note that Ford has made vehicles with just front park aid (09-12 Lincoln MKS) that did not have active park or it's sensors and also makes vehicles with active park (Focus) that do not have the front park aid sensors.

Same with the Flex and MKT, has park assist but no front sensors. My mom has a 2009 MKS with the front sensors and no park assist, the thing about the MKS is you dont see the sensors in the bumpers like you do the other cars, in fact I have to take a look at the T, I dont recall seeing the sensors on it either for the backup and parking.

I had only two minor issues:

The DRLs on US made Fusions are not enabled. I remedied this rather simply, by simply having the dealer program them to be on.

The second issue is that in heavy traffic the parking aid sensors will sometimes activate, then I get the beep beep beep every few seconds as if I am trying to park. Although driving in traffic in the DC area feels like parking, I am actually just commuting. I am not sure how Ford might fix this as to the car bumper to bumper traffic seems a lot like a parking scenario.

No, has nothing to do with the car in front of me, it is sensing the cars in the adjacent lane as they creep past me. I would never be so close to the care in front of me.

I think that it is the outermost sensors on the side of the bumper that pick this up. When it happens the rear alert goes off first, then the front, until the car passes me. Once in a while it will also trigger the Vehicle Coming from Left alert in the info screen as well.

Edited by razol

...The other thing that drives me nuts is the word hybrid on the door. It looks like it should line up with the door bottom edge rather that tilted up toward the back. I always want to straighten it like a crooked picture.

The OCD part of me agrees with you, but the "HYBRID" emblem does seem to be aligned to the crease right below it.