fusionTX

Fusion Pet Peeves

I don't think I have read the following anywhere yet but I have an issue with the LVB cover in the trunk.

I don't know how but the first day at home I looked at the battery and closing the cover one lock feel off. Now while getting stuff in and out of the car I also "touched" the second one which fell off too. Now that stupid cover won't stay shut.

I don't think I have read the following anywhere yet but I have an issue with the LVB cover in the trunk.

I don't know how but the first day at home I looked at the battery and closing the cover one lock feel off. Now while getting stuff in and out of the car I also "touched" the second one which fell off too. Now that stupid cover won't stay shut.

I had that problem. It was caused by the hole in the cover not being big enough for the knob to go all of the way through it. The hole also was not completely round. I enlarged the hole and made it round so the knob would go all of the way through. The inside piece is a press fit onto the center post of the knob. If you want to look at one that is still intact, lower the right rear seat backrest. The cover over the high voltage disconnect switch uses the same mechanism. Use 1/4 turn counterclockwise to release the latch. 1/4 turn clockwise to lock. I have an Energi but I assume the Hybrid uses the same disconnect location.

Ford was listening!

expands the SE Luxury package to include remote engine starting and a passive keyless entry system with push-button starting.

That is very dangerous. I don't understand how people don't realize that to turn their lights on

Exactly. I think the problem is that many drivers turn on their lights only when they need them to see the road. They're <dare I say it?> too ignorant to understand that the headlights are just as important for BEING seen as they are for seeing. I might have a little evidence to support this possibility: when I flash high beams at oncoming cars without their lights on at dusk or in the rain, they almost never respond by turning them on. I believe they're thinking "Why did that a**!^%e flash me when it's plenty light enough for me to see where I'm going?"

On the right side of the cluster on my hybrid titanium I have audio, phone, compass, climate, and finally efficiency leaves. (I do not have nav on the car, so I think that compass is nav in cars with nav)! I have 3.5.1.

Is yours a HyTi?

Looks like a HyTi option? Only for those with MFT though.

I think you're right. I know that the C-Max SEL does this. Since we don't have MFT I didn't realize that this isn't standard with MFT on the Fusion Hybrid SE

Exactly. I think the problem is that many drivers turn on their lights only when they need them to see the road. They're <dare I say it?> too ignorant to understand that the headlights are just as important for BEING seen as they are for seeing. I might have a little evidence to support this possibility: when I flash high beams at oncoming cars without their lights on at dusk or in the rain, they almost never respond by turning them on. I believe they're thinking "Why did that a**!^%e flash me when it's plenty light enough for me to see where I'm going?"

Right on! I do the same thing on occasion and mostly people don't respond by turning their lights on. More so at dusk than in the rain do oncoming cars respond by putting their lights on. I blame this on the proliferation of dashboards that are lighted all the time. In older cars you were reminded to turn your lights on at night because you couldn't see the dash. Now that so many cars have gauges that are lighted 24/7 people don't have that visual clue to turn on their headlights.

I believe in turning on some lights all the time for the purpose of BEING seen. Insurance companies often ask about this when there is an accident and if you do not have your lights on it can be a factor in how they assign fault and pay the claim. Better to turn them on all the time than pay later on in an accident

when I flash high beams at oncoming cars without their lights on at dusk or in the rain, they almost never respond by turning them on. I believe they're thinking "Why did that a**!^%e flash me when it's plenty light enough for me to see where I'm going?"

Was that YOU that was drriving the other way? You're a mindreader! :shift:

That's actually indicative of a pretty good product- when Toyota salespeople are nitpicking at the Ford to win sales. Man we've sure come a long way from the 80s, and with regards to cars, that's a wonderful thing. Honestly if I were a salesperson for another brand the number one thing I'd home in on is the EPA hype.

The US reports state NO difference. The quotes for any crash difference pertain only to northern climates (Canada, Northern Europe) where light levels are low in winter. It does LOOK cool.

I've been a GM owner for several years & finally broke down and bought a Fusion HyTi. I have a few pet peeves/questions.

1. Is there not anywhere you can see current tire pressure? I know it has the tire pressure monitoring system but don't see anything else.

2. I do not like that the passenger seat practically sits on the floor of the car. I'm short & put my seat higher & then my poor son gets in & looks like a midget!

3. Do the windshield wipers come on with the wipers or no? It hasn't rained here since I've had the car.

I've been a GM owner for several years & finally broke down and bought a Fusion HyTi. I have a few pet peeves/questions.

1. Is there not anywhere you can see current tire pressure? I know it has the tire pressure monitoring system but don't see anything else.

2. I do not like that the passenger seat practically sits on the floor of the car. I'm short & put my seat higher & then my poor son gets in & looks like a midget!

3. Do the windshield wipers come on with the wipers or no? It hasn't rained here since I've had the car.

I do not think there is anywhere to see the current tire pressure. That would be a nice function.

You headlights will come on with windshield wipers if set on Auto.

The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) only warns you if the pressure is too low. Below about 25 psi I think.

Buy a quality tire gauge to measure the tire pressure.

everytime I reach over to touch the nav screen, the climate comes on or off whichever one it is not at the time. it's as if those capacitive touch buttons only have to sense your fingers close and they..activate!..I wish the console had sides so everything didn't fall out all the time..kinda wish the cupholders were somewhere else..maybe closer to the front console. if I have a drink in the one closest to the driver's side it is in the way a little. and I wish mine got better mpg. other than that...I love it!

The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) only warns you if the pressure is too low. Below about 25 psi I think.

Buy a quality tire gauge to measure the tire pressure.

I would recommend buying a digital pressure gauge.

everytime I reach over to touch the nav screen, the climate comes on or off whichever one it is not at the time. it's as if those capacitive touch buttons only have to sense your fingers close and they..activate!

It's happened to me more than once too.

Edited by fusionTX

Clummus, you said "I wish the console had sides so everything didn't fall out all the time.." I love the open sides. This allows me to plug a charger in and run the cords on the outside with out interfering with the information screen or temp controls.

Edited by djminfll

http://www.tiretraker.com/

I got these for the truck and trailers. They saved several tires. They show tire pressure in lbs. and temperature at valve stem. Drawback - remove the sensors before running thru a car wash and put back in order.

Unlike some competitors, most Ford gauges don't show true measurement. They only indicate whether or not the level falls within acceptable limits.That's the reason I bought a ScanGauge II for my tow vehicles.

Dog is easily able to change climate settings with her nose and tongue.

20130703_184322.jpg

Don't blame dog, just trying to get to the Ice Breakers.

Dog is easily able to change climate settings with her nose and tongue. 20130703_184322.jpg

Obviously, she just hasn't learned your setting preferences. Maybe give her an icebreaker when she gets it right.

This is why I strap my dog in the back seat! :) She's too big for the front.

This is why I strap my dog in the back seat! :) She's too big for the front.

So your wife is smaller than the dog. You left the opening......

I had the back seat and trunk packed to burst with all my Independence Day Turkey Fry equipment and other things, which further proves I didnt need that truck anymore. Doggie had to take front seat.

So your wife is smaller than the dog. You left the opening......

Yep! Well, she is taller than the dog, unless I teach the dog to walk on 2 legs. :)