Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Fusion Pet Peeves

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   fusionTX

fusionTX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 621 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

Oh yeah, since it was working again I forgot about this one, but there is that annoying problem with streaming audio and MFT.  I'm really hoping that's fixed with the next upgrade.

What problem is that? i am able to stream music from my phone (samsung note 2) and from Pandora. No issues.
And I can stream from my partner's phone too (iphone something). Just one phone at a time though.
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium[list]
[*]Sterling Gray, Navigation, Driver Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control
[*]Navigation, Driver Assist, Park Assist, Moonroof, Trunk Cargo Net

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 807 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid White Platinum - Dune
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

I solved the license plate rattle by using double-sided foam tape on the bottom corners of the plate and the frame around it.  The rattle makes a solid car sound cheap.  My wife's RX330 had the same problem.  They both sound like luxury cars now when we close the trunk and liftgate.

#43 OFFLINE   hermans

hermans

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,341 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 MKC - 2013 MKZh

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

I solved the license plate rattle by using double-sided foam tape on the bottom corners of the plate and the frame around it.  The rattle makes a solid car sound cheap.  My wife's RX330 had the same problem.  They both sound like luxury cars now when we close the trunk and liftgate.

My problem was the dealer didn't screw down the license plate all the way and it rattled. I tightened it and all's good.

2016 Edge Titanium

2015 Lincoln MKC

2013 MKZ Hybrid

"Your comment is in no way productive. Why don't you find something productive to say?" - hybridbear

#44 OFFLINE   elle

elle

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid, Bordeaux Reserve

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

What problem is that? i am able to stream music from my phone (samsung note 2) and from Pandora. No issues.
And I can stream from my partner's phone too (iphone something). Just one phone at a time though.

There is a known issue with streaming using bluetooth in MFT 3.5.1 only which causes the songs to advance every few seconds.  It has something to do with the time code on the songs.  

It doesn't happen to everyone nor all the time, and it did not happen to me at all for the first month or so.  Hopefully you will not get hit with this, but lots of people do, and it has nothing to do with the phone, from the searches I did on the problem it's happening on all kinds of phones.  

#45 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

There is a known issue with streaming using bluetooth in MFT 3.5.1 only which causes the songs to advance every few seconds.  It has something to do with the time code on the songs.  

It doesn't happen to everyone nor all the time, and it did not happen to me at all for the first month or so.  Hopefully you will not get hit with this, but lots of people do, and it has nothing to do with the phone, from the searches I did on the problem it's happening on all kinds of phones.  

Pandora does that to me too, and its not just with the Fusion, the Flex MFT 3.5.1 is doing to too. but when I have it hooked up to my little speaker box in my shop, it works perfectly.

My pet peeve... no longer having one, and living vicariously through all you lucky ones with HyTi on order and those with good working cars.

Now if only my numbers would come in.

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#46 OFFLINE   milleron

milleron

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 314 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH Titanium

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:16 AM

As for a place to put your cell phone.  I highly recommend you invest in the Proclip cell phone holder.  Best purchase I made for this car.  Keeps the phone visible, secure and accessible! http://www.proclipus...pageid=1&dtype=

JS, This is very intriguing, but just what are you using to hold your phone to the Proclip?

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Manufactured:  April 9;  Delivered:  April 25

#47 OFFLINE   JSKershaw

JSKershaw

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 136 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

JS, This is very intriguing, but just what are you using to hold your phone to the Proclip?

Its a two part system.  You pick the adapter that works with the Fusion, then you select the holder that works for your phone.  Install the adapter for the car and then screw the phone adapter to the car adapter.  I will take a picture of it today and post it later tonight (if I remember).  It's not a cheap solution, but it looks amazing and works really well.  The best part is, you don't need to screw or glue anything to the car.  The adapter will come off with some magic twisting.  ;)

2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid - Ruby Red

• 505A Engine Group
  • 18" Premium Wheels
  • SE Technology Package
  • SE Luxury Driver Assist Package
  • Voice-Activated Navigation
  • Active Park Assist
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Moonroof

Ordered: August 18, 2012
Built: October 19, 2012
ETA: February 21, 2013

Delivery: February 23, 2013 

168178.png

#48 OFFLINE   lmp180psu

lmp180psu

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 118 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

I concur with JSKershaw that the proclip is a really nice holder. I had to get a universal holder to go along with the mount because they didnt make a holder with the plug already attached for my phone, but it is stable and secure and easy to use even if i have to unplug the charger each time i take it in and out. With shipping and 10% coupon code it was around $70.

Edited by lmp180psu, 17 April 2013 - 12:46 PM.

2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid

• Ruby Red Metallic

• MyFordTouch Technology Package

• Appearance Package

• Moonroof

Ordered: 10/26/12

Build Date: 11/29/12

Delivery Date: 12/22/12 smile.png

160701.png

#49 OFFLINE   milleron

milleron

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

I went through the selection process on the Proclip site.  The ones with USB connections and chargers looked particularly useful.  I wouldn't care about the price because the first thing I'd do every time I got in the car would be to put the phone in its cradle.  Unfortunately, the only one that's supposed to be large enough to leave my Galaxy S III in its silicone sleeve has no connections for charging or USB.  My question is whether the Proclip models with connectors might allow docking with that relatively thin silicone case.

#50 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 128 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'93 Integra, Fusion Energi

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

We'll need to inform the entire nation of Canada about how wrong they are.   :)

By the way, there was a significant difference for light trucks, and the report ended by saying that the differences were relatively large (although not reaching statistical significance) and "should not be ignored."

Actually it IS true... in Canada and northern Europe where is started as a standard. However they are darker more of the year and so it does help with them. The US report applies to the US where we (DST not withstanding) have more daylight in winter.

178794.png178796.png

Fusion Energi [P0S, J4, 800A, 53B, 60N, 13B]

Ordered: 10-Jan-2013

Built: 24-May-2013

Delivered: 7-JUN-2013 (149 days)

#51 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

- Adaptive cruise control does not come to a complete stop even though it could, and doesn't work in slow traffic...

It does when used with the EUROPEAN Ford feature called 'city stop'...

178794.png178796.png

#52 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

I find DRL helpful depending on the car color. A silver car at dawn blends in unless they have lights on. I pulled out in front of one this morning because I didnt see it.

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#53 OFFLINE   milleron

milleron

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

The usefulness of DLRs is directly proportional to the latitude and the number of cloudy days per year in the place one lives. In Ohio and Michigan, let me tell you we need DLRs. I imagine that's true for Seattle and a few other places, too.
Also, for every study like the DOT one that questions the efficacy of DLRs, it's possible to quote another one that demonstrates it. It's a shame that Ford opted to omit a feature that's very inexpensive to implement and could save lives. They could have allowed users who don't want the feature to disable it.

Ron
  • TX NRG and Toz like this

#54 OFFLINE   Toz

Toz

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 422 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2000 Dodge Intrepid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

The usefulness of DLRs is directly proportional to the latitude and the number of cloudy days per year in the place one lives. In Ohio and Michigan, let me tell you we need DLRs. I imagine that's true for Seattle and a few other places, too.
Also, for every study like the DOT one that questions the efficacy of DLRs, it's possible to quote another one that demonstrates it. It's a shame that Ford opted to omit a feature that's very inexpensive to implement and could save lives. They could have allowed users who don't want the feature to disable it.

Ron

Yea, What he said!

14 Sunset HyTi

ACC,Bliss, lane keeping,

heated steering wheel,

heated and cooled seats with 10 way Passenger seat

rear inflatable seatbelts

Soft Ceramic interior

Ordered: 21Oct13

Vin:25OCT13

Est. build date: Week of 11 Nov 13 

Window sticker: 7 Nov 13

Build date: 13 Nov 13

Est. Delivery Date:13 Dec 13

Delivery date:!3 Dec 13

#55 OFFLINE   JSKershaw

JSKershaw

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 136 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Here's a couple of pics of my Proclip.  I have a Galaxy Nexus and have the universal holder (without the charge cable).  I don't have a problem plugging it in when needed.  I use the power outlet located in the front storage compartment just below the holder.  I like this holder because I can also rotate the phone in it to have the phone in landscape mode.

Sorry for the dark shots.  I should have used the flash.  But at least you can see what the clip looks like with the phone holder attached.

BTW, you can also get holders for Tom-Toms and Garmin devices if you didn't want to use the window mount.

Attached Files

• neod192 likes this

2013 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid - Ruby Red

• 505A Engine Group
  • 18" Premium Wheels
  • SE Technology Package
  • SE Luxury Driver Assist Package
  • Voice-Activated Navigation
  • Active Park Assist
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Moonroof

Ordered: August 18, 2012
Built: October 19, 2012
ETA: February 21, 2013

Delivery: February 23, 2013 

168178.png

#56 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

I agree completely. On some Toyotas you can do this. Set the headlight switch to "auto" and the DRLs are on and then headlights come on automatically. Set the switch to off and the DRLs are off. The 2013 Chevy Impala that Enterprise gave us while our FFH was at the dealer last week worked the exact same for the DRLs.

I wish Ford would do this

Ron

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#57 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

The thing that gets me are the people in the rain driving silver and gray cars without either DRL or any lights on.

Edited by shaggy314, 22 May 2013 - 01:52 PM.

• hybridbear likes this

178794.png178796.png

#58 OFFLINE   Chopper Pilot

Chopper Pilot

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid (road trip car), 2010 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Yellow Chevy SSR

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

My complaint is that this puppy is too quiet! I wonder if anyone has changed out the muffler with one which will make a bit of noise when the gas engine is running, so that the idiot waiting at the crosswalk (with earphones) will hear the FFH coming? Perhaps a speaker in the grill tied to the audio system with a dog barking would help? (-:

ONE of my all-time heroes is Diogenes the Cynic,
who spent most of his life chilling in his barrel
outside the city-state of Corinth . He was the original
Cynic because he believed that men and women lived
a life dictated by rules and taboos and therefore no one
was really truthful or honest. Actually Diogenes is my hero
because he was witty, rude, and had little respect for authority.

#59 OFFLINE   milleron

milleron

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

It's quiet when the ICE  is off, all right.  But when that thing kicks in, the CVT revs so high that I wouldn't call it quiet.  It doesn't even sound like a well-muffled internal combustion engine, more like a loud sewing machine clacking away, not a comforting sound to me.  I hate to think what it would sound like without its so-called active noise cancellation.

Edited by milleron, 27 April 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#60 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

The thing that gets me are the people in the rain driving silver and gray cars with either DRL or any lights on.

That is very dangerous. I don't understand how people don't realize that to turn their lights on

My complaint is that this puppy is too quiet! I wonder if anyone has changed out the muffler with one which will make a bit of noise when the gas engine is running, so that the idiot waiting at the crosswalk (with earphones) will hear the FFH coming? Perhaps a speaker in the grill tied to the audio system with a dog barking would help? (-:

NHTSA is considering mandating noisemakers on hybrids and PHEVs for driving at low speeds because of this. I cherish the low speed silence. I don't want it to go away

It's quiet when the ICE  is off, all right.  But when that thing kicks in, the CVT revs so high that I wouldn't call it quiet.  It doesn't even sound like a well-muffled internal combustion engine, more like a loud sewing machine clacking away, not a comforting sound to me.  I hate to think what it would sound like without its so-called active noise cancellation.

It does have a different sound, rather high pitched. I like the sewing machine analogy. Although, I don't think it sounds bad. I just think it is...different

• GrySql likes this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·