fusionTX

Fusion Pet Peeves

- Adaptive cruise control does not come to a complete stop even though it could, and doesn't work in slow traffic...

It does when used with the EUROPEAN Ford feature called 'city stop'...

I find DRL helpful depending on the car color. A silver car at dawn blends in unless they have lights on. I pulled out in front of one this morning because I didnt see it.

The usefulness of DLRs is directly proportional to the latitude and the number of cloudy days per year in the place one lives. In Ohio and Michigan, let me tell you we need DLRs. I imagine that's true for Seattle and a few other places, too.

Also, for every study like the DOT one that questions the efficacy of DLRs, it's possible to quote another one that demonstrates it. It's a shame that Ford opted to omit a feature that's very inexpensive to implement and could save lives. They could have allowed users who don't want the feature to disable it.

Ron

The usefulness of DLRs is directly proportional to the latitude and the number of cloudy days per year in the place one lives. In Ohio and Michigan, let me tell you we need DLRs. I imagine that's true for Seattle and a few other places, too.

Also, for every study like the DOT one that questions the efficacy of DLRs, it's possible to quote another one that demonstrates it. It's a shame that Ford opted to omit a feature that's very inexpensive to implement and could save lives. They could have allowed users who don't want the feature to disable it.

Ron

Yea, What he said!

Here's a couple of pics of my Proclip. I have a Galaxy Nexus and have the universal holder (without the charge cable). I don't have a problem plugging it in when needed. I use the power outlet located in the front storage compartment just below the holder. I like this holder because I can also rotate the phone in it to have the phone in landscape mode.

Sorry for the dark shots. I should have used the flash. But at least you can see what the clip looks like with the phone holder attached.

BTW, you can also get holders for Tom-Toms and Garmin devices if you didn't want to use the window mount.

post-11261-0-03003200-1366295248_thumb.jpg

post-11261-0-23046800-1366295254_thumb.jpg

I agree completely. On some Toyotas you can do this. Set the headlight switch to "auto" and the DRLs are on and then headlights come on automatically. Set the switch to off and the DRLs are off. The 2013 Chevy Impala that Enterprise gave us while our FFH was at the dealer last week worked the exact same for the DRLs.

I wish Ford would do this

Ron

The thing that gets me are the people in the rain driving silver and gray cars without either DRL or any lights on.

Edited by shaggy314

My complaint is that this puppy is too quiet! I wonder if anyone has changed out the muffler with one which will make a bit of noise when the gas engine is running, so that the idiot waiting at the crosswalk (with earphones) will hear the FFH coming? Perhaps a speaker in the grill tied to the audio system with a dog barking would help? (-:

It's quiet when the ICE is off, all right. But when that thing kicks in, the CVT revs so high that I wouldn't call it quiet. It doesn't even sound like a well-muffled internal combustion engine, more like a loud sewing machine clacking away, not a comforting sound to me. I hate to think what it would sound like without its so-called active noise cancellation.

Edited by milleron

The thing that gets me are the people in the rain driving silver and gray cars with either DRL or any lights on.

That is very dangerous. I don't understand how people don't realize that to turn their lights on

My complaint is that this puppy is too quiet! I wonder if anyone has changed out the muffler with one which will make a bit of noise when the gas engine is running, so that the idiot waiting at the crosswalk (with earphones) will hear the FFH coming? Perhaps a speaker in the grill tied to the audio system with a dog barking would help? (-:

NHTSA is considering mandating noisemakers on hybrids and PHEVs for driving at low speeds because of this. I cherish the low speed silence. I don't want it to go away

It's quiet when the ICE is off, all right. But when that thing kicks in, the CVT revs so high that I wouldn't call it quiet. It doesn't even sound like a well-muffled internal combustion engine, more like a loud sewing machine clacking away, not a comforting sound to me. I hate to think what it would sound like without its so-called active noise cancellation.

It does have a different sound, rather high pitched. I like the sewing machine analogy. Although, I don't think it sounds bad. I just think it is...different

One of these may suit your needs. :)

h4-a-500.jpg

Here are a few of my pet peeves:
1. I don't like the cruise control on the steering wheel. I prefer the way Toyota does it with the separate stalk on the steering column. I can manage the cruise without looking down which is a big heip.
2. I wish the climate controls weren't so sensitive. My wife is always reaching over to turn down the volume on the radio, but she can't seem to do that without having all of her fingers out. So the outstretched fingers accidentally turn on the seat heater, Max defrost, rear defrost, etc. So then you have to turn all that off and get the climate controls back to where they were. It would be nice if the temperature up/down was on the steering wheel.
3. When you open the trunk, the latch is right at head height. So you go to put something in the trunk and bang, you hit your forehead on the trunk latch. Or you stoop down to put something in and then stand up and bang, hit the top of your head on the latch.

Edited by brcd131

1. I don't like the cruise control on the steering wheel. I prefer the way Toyota does it with the separate stalk on the steering column. I can manage the cruise without looking down which is a big heip.

2. I wish the climate controls weren't so sensitive. My wife is always reaching over to turn down the volume on the radio, but she can't seem to do that without having all of her fingers out. So the outstretched fingers accidentally turn on the seat heater, Max defrost, rear defrost, etc. So then you have to turn all that off and get the climate controls back to where they were. It would be nice if the temperature up/down was on the steering wheel.

3. When you open the trunk, the latch is right at head height. So you go to put something in the trunk and bang, you hit your forehead on the trunk latch. Or you stoop down to put something in and then stand up and bang, hit the top of your head on the latch.

My wife learned, dont touch the mans controls when he's driving. She was shocked at how fast I can move my hand from the steering wheel, slap her hand and then put it back on the wheel. Ninja! I said, when your driving, you can fiddle with them all you want! :)

I too found the trunk lid annoying, I smacked my head on it too, its at just that perfect height where its out of eye range, but not skull range.

1) I have always found cruise buttons on the steering wheel to be more convenient. When I had a car with the cruise buttons on a separate stalk I found that more difficult to adjust without taking my eyes off the road. I imagine that in time you'll learn the feel of the steering wheel cruise buttons and will be able to manage the cruise without taking your eyes off the road.

2) If you have MyFordTouch you can adjust the climate control with the steering wheel buttons and the right screen on dash. You can also adjust the climate control with voice commands.

3) Agree completely. I have smacked my head on it a number of times :( I wish it opened a bit higher

Wait, your Hybrid has climate controls on the dash? I thought only non Hybrids had that, leaves replaced it on the one I had.

Wait, your Hybrid has climate controls on the dash? I thought only non Hybrids had that, leaves replaced it on the one I had.

Mine does too! :) Could be because I have MFT 3.5.1, like hybridbear said ... ?

L I B! Must be, mine had 3.2.2 or whatever that crappy one was.

Mine doesn't have climate on the dash (I don't have the upgrade), and I found that voice commands only work when there's no background noise, like when you're not moving. Maybe if I had the upgrade, some of this stuff would work better.

As far as the volume goes, it works the other way. A smart rap to the back of the head turns the volume down on the driver, then she reaches for the volume on the radio. :)

I don't have the climate controls on the right side of the cluster (just audio, phone and leaves) and i do have 3.5.1. Hmmmmm.

No Daytime Running Lights!

Just saw a Toyota salesman on YouTube who was giving a spiel on why a smart person would buy a Camry Hybrid instead of a FFH, and that was the very first thing he pointed out. He said that users of DLRs are 11% less likely to be involved in accidents. I suppose that's true, and when you consider all the other safety features in the Fusion, leaving out one that's very inexpensive to implement and dates back to the 80s is ludicrous, ridiculous, stupid . . . .

That's actually indicative of a pretty good product- when Toyota salespeople are nitpicking at the Ford to win sales. Man we've sure come a long way from the 80s, and with regards to cars, that's a wonderful thing. Honestly if I were a salesperson for another brand the number one thing I'd home in on is the EPA hype. Edited by Aquineas

On the right side of the cluster on my hybrid titanium I have audio, phone, compass, climate, and finally efficiency leaves. (I do not have nav on the car, so I think that compass is nav in cars with nav)! I have 3.5.1.

In the 2010-12 FFH, DRLs can be simply activated by the dealer as they are in other countries by default. They probably lower mileage by 0.1---0.2 mpg.

On the right side of the cluster on my hybrid titanium I have audio, phone, compass, climate, and finally efficiency leaves. (I do not have nav on the car, so I think that compass is nav in cars with nav)! I have 3.5.1.

Looks like a HyTi option? Only for those with MFT though.

I do have a Pet Peeve, not being able to get a base one with just the Drivers Assist package!