Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Invisible Bra (Rock Chip protection) on Fusion?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wacevedo

wacevedo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 42 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Subaru Tribeca

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

Has anybody installed these? I'd like to see some pics? Any concerns about effect on paint job?

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

White Platinum Metallic

Driver Assist Package

Voice Activated Navigation

Moonroof

Premium Floor Mats

Ordered: Feb 19, 2013| VIN assigned: March 26, 2013 | Window Sticker: March 27, 2013 | Build date:  April 5th, 2013| Actual Build Date: 4/5/13 |

ETA: waiting | Delivered: waiting

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

If done right, they last a very long time, and are not supposed to harm the paint when removed. Best to let a pro install them though, the adhesive is very sticky and one wrong move, or slip and let it touch the ground and you get dirt stuck to it, throw it away. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#3 OFFLINE   KLH

KLH

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 175 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

I just talked to a vendor in this. It costs about $600 and protects (a quarter of) the front hood, side mirrors, and headlamps. It does NOT protect the grills.

-KLH

2013 FFH-SE in Tuxedo Black with everything (MFT, BLIS, ACC, NAV, APA, MRF, LUX, RVM)

Always bet on (Tuxedo) Black...

#4 OFFLINE   djminfll

djminfll

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 952 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

I had one of these on an old car a number of years ago, and it did a superb job of protecting the front of the car. The paint on the rest of the car looked fine. However, when I removed the bra a few years later, the area under the bra was about two shades darker than the rest of the car - It took me days of compounding the rest of the car to get it back to the original color, which would not have been necessary without the bra, so I wouldn't get another one.

2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Platinum

Burgundy Velvet

Took Ownership 09/12/2017

662937.png

#5 OFFLINE   HenryVIII

HenryVIII

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 164 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0T AWD- All options
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I just got one installed. I'll be doing a lot of highway commuting in the months to come so I figured it would be prudent planning to help preserve the front bumper.

202851.png

#6 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

I had one of these on an old car a number of years ago, and it did a superb job of protecting the front of the car. The paint on the rest of the car looked fine. However, when I removed the bra a few years later, the area under the bra was about two shades darker than the rest of the car - It took me days of compounding the rest of the car to get it back to the original color, which would not have been necessary without the bra, so I wouldn't get another one.

That only happens on cars that are not clear coated. If for some reason the clear coat changes color, well, that is a much harder thing to blend. Usually it gets hazy with fine scratches, and a normal buffing can clean it up. 

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   latonamus

latonamus

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 SE Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

I have this on my car. Had it professionally installed. Cost $600. Well worth it if you ask me. The only way you can see some of the lines is if your like 1-2 feet from it. The kit i got covers side mirrors, fenders, hood  headlights, and front bumper down to the edge of the very bottom, except like an inch of the valance

#8 OFFLINE   mwr

mwr

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 685 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

Is there any consensus about how to get the best quality job done? There seem to be choices for (1) the product (film), (2) the method of customizing the film to your model car, and (3) the quality of the actual application. Did I miss anything?

IMG_2641c_160w.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

Can't go wrong using 3M film, its the application that is the most critical. If the installer doesn't know what they are doing, doesn't clean the paint well, or doesn't use the correct "soap" when setting the film, it can look like crap.  Another option is to get a car wrap done. There are plastics that can match the paint exact now, pretty neat too.  However those who wrap their cars in Chrome and drive them on the roads need to be shot. It's bad enough getting sun reflections off the back of car windows, getting reflections off the entire car can be blinding. If there are any laws against doing such things, this should be one of them. 

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

Can't go wrong using 3M film, its the application that is the most critical. If the installer doesn't know what they are doing, doesn't clean the paint well, or doesn't use the correct "soap" when setting the film, it can look like crap.  Another option is to get a car wrap done. There are plastics that can match the paint exact now, pretty neat too.  However those who wrap their cars in Chrome and drive them on the roads need to be shot. It's bad enough getting sun reflections off the back of car windows, getting reflections off the entire car can be blinding. If there are any laws against doing such things, this should be one of them. 

Like Justin Bieber's Fisker Karma? LOL

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·