I got brave today and removed the LED strip which I had attached to body line running over the fog light assembly and added new once right “into” the fog light opening.
DRLday-night.JPG 28.38KB 396 downloads
To run the wires I had to cut small slots into the plastic which was too bad. If the 3M tape doesn’t hold up with the elements it would be a bit costly since those black trim pieces are about $65 a piece. I'm was also thinking I could add a piece of acrylic over the middle section nicely shaped and bend should be good and keeps the elements out.
I'm a lot happier now, I like the old location too but I didn't like the blue tint of the “old” side emitting LEDs
You can be the judge ... I also added a few more picture to my gallery.