smr2112

Ford Private Cash Offer / Coupon Question

I wrote the other day that I was considering a factory order for the FFH. And dealership

told me that this Private Cash coupon I had - checked on the computer as good

until late April - was locked in for certain at time of order.

And I believed him, but others here have said and other dealers confirmed, that this

P/C offer must be valid when you take delivery (as well as other rebates).

I think my dealer was BS'ing me just to get my check. Or very likely he knew

less than I did about it.

Anybody can confirm definite experiences of this lock-in? If I factory order, I can't

guarantee I'll have a valid offer in hand when the car arrives in 2-3 months - and then he

says "oh so sorry, that's not good any more" - then what do I do? It does say

take "New Retail Delivery By xx/xx/2013" - so he was probably lying to me.

I plan to call Ford Marketing tonight and here is their number if anybody cares.

Hate to throw away $750. The $500 regular rebate for the FFH is now good

until July 2013 sometime.

There are many variations of these coupons and in the computer I was extended for

longer than the coupon I had in hand. They can look you up by name and zip code

and print a definite confirmation.

Ford Marketing: 800-548-3212

Now that you bring that up, I think the dealers would have to take the chance and

eat the $750 if there is no valid offer at the time of delivery. Otherwise, if Ford

would somehow do the "courtesy extend" or they really do accept/lock it in with Ford

at the time of offer - why wouldn't all/most dealers do this to get the sale?

They have to be gambling on it (it seems) because these offers seem to "rollover" constantly.

That may explain in part why I got such a low offer for my trade and he

wouldn't budge at all - because he was building that $750 into that price.

Very hard to say.

I should be clear in that the coupon would be valid at time of order, but very likely

would not be valid at time of delivery. Going purely by the date on it.

Edited by smr2112

The Private Cash coupon I have in hand says "A/Z/D Plan Ineligible" - but interesting, not X-Plan.

Update - I did find out from the dealer I am buying from, the following...here's the catch:

If you custom order (from factory), then Ford locks in the Direct Cash and regular Rebates

at time of order. Can go up if you get more somehow, but you will not get less. This is consistent

with what the first dealer told me. It's a Ford thing, not a dealership thing.

However, if you are accepting inbound dealer stock, or buying from stock (as in my case),

then the Direct Cash and regular Rebates only apply at the time of delivery. So knowing my

Direct Cash was good until May 21 and car should arrive any day, this wasn't a risk for me.

He made it very clear that if that offer wasn't valid for some reason, whenever the car

does comes in, there was nothing they could do about it. But he verified it when writing up the

order and but the $750 + $500 in rebates on the buyers order.

I finally got a $750 coupon after 4 tries and two family members. Expires on the 3rd of June

Hope your baby is "delivered" by then.

Just because you don't get a brochure, doesn't mean you don't have an offer.

Have the dealership check on the computer for you. Also request info for

different cars and different household members.

Also check: http://owner.ford.com

On the "My Next Vehicle" tab --> New Vehicle Offers

I found one there.

I found I have $100 credit, my dealer is going to let me use it towards the hitch parts.

SWEET! Look what arrived in my email after requesting a brochure on a 2013 Taurus.... planning to get wife's Energi on Friday, just in time!

*2012/2013/2014 vehicles: $500 on Fiesta, Focus and Focus ST. $750 on most Ford or Lincoln vehicles. Not available on Fiesta S, Focus S, Focus Electric, Taurus SE, SVT Raptor, Shelby® GT500®, Mustang Boss® 302. May not combine with other private or commercial offers, owner loyalty and lease renewal programs. A/Z/D Plan ineligible. Nontransferable out of household. Limit one per household. U.S. residents. Must redeem using original offer; no duplicates accepted. Prior purchases not eligible. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 06/11/2013. See dealer for details. Note to dealer: Claim in VINCENT using #34292 and customer ID.

Added - got the above in Yahoo account yesterday, got another one with the same wording in gmail account today. I bet wife has one sitting in her email account too.... I'm happy with ONE! Requested but did not get the $750 on my car, but glad we can now use it on hers.

Edited by jeff_h