2013 Fusion Hybrid Issues & Problems  

73 members have voted

1. 1. When did you receive your 2013 FFH?

• Since March 1st, 2013
    • January or February 2013
    • November or December 2012
    • September or October 2012
    • August 2012 or before
  2. 2. How many problems/issues have you discovered that require repair?

3. 3. Did any of the issues/problems leave the car inoperable?

4. 4. How many days total has the car been in the shop for repairs?

• 0 - no repairs
    • All repairs completed same day
    • 1 to 2 days
    • 3 to 4 days
    • 5 to 6 days
    • 7 or more days
  5. 5. How do the actual repairs compare to expected repairs buying the first year of a new car?

• Many more issues than expected
    • A few more issues than expected
    • As many issues as expected
    • A few less issues than expected
    • Many less issues than expected

Yep, there are a lot of Job1 cars that are doing fine. They all have fit and finish issues though that have corrected parts for now, even Job2 cars have some. When I went through the dilemma with BD, seeing some of the other owners getting above the EPA numbers in their Job1 cars confirmed there was an issue. I would say the majority of Job1 are fine, there seems to be just a handful that have major issues, however, it is Ford Corporate that is screwing those owners. Quite a few of them moved on to other brands, and may never go back to Ford. :baby: comes to mind.

I believe Job 2 started after 2-1-13, everything built prior to that would be Job 1.

Don't forget that rattle in the right rear (shock?) that is showing up in other FFH's now.

Odd thing is, it went away when the weather warmed up. I also found the air compressor bounces in the trunk over hard bumps which is what was causing that weird noise I was hearing. When it bounced the whole car would thrum. The car has been super quiet the past few weeks, really enjoyable to drive and not hear anything. Either that or I lost my hearing.

I think on mine it was a clump of ice stuck to a control arm that finally melted off when the temps got above 40. It sounded like something thumping against the floor on the right rear. The other noise was the compressor in the trunk.

While I haven't had TOO many issues with my '13 FFH, it's been a major issue trying to get the ones I've had, fixed. The dealer I bought the car from had a great sales dept... but I couldn't go to their service dept for several reasons:

1) Constricting and non-ideal hours of operation. 8-4 on weekdays only is not good for a guy like me, who spends 10 hours a day driving to/from and at work during the week.

2) Long wait times. You pretty much have to stay and wait for the car at this dealer, because if you take a loaner/shuttle and go elsewhere, they're going to take 2-3 days to do anything to your car. And as my point above illustrates, I can't wait for 3 hours in a car dealer during the week without taking a vacation day, which I won't do.

3) They broke something new on my car just about every single time they had it. Clips on the sunglasses holder, one of the handles hanging from the headliner, warping one of the "A Panels". I found grease all over my car upon return one time. They just did not take care of my property.

SO. I decided to go to the other Ford dealer in the area. At first, all was fine. They had better hours that I could work with and they haven't broken anything new yet. However, they seem to have a lot of communication breakdowns within their own department. Some things never get done that should be, they aren't familiar with my car (couldn't replace the cabin air filter when I asked them too because they didn't realize how long it'd take and I couldn't leave it overnight), among other things.

And the real kicker, on my last visit they were supposed to call me when the car was ready (it was just a 30k service, should not be more than a day's work, they even said this). I dropped it off at 8AM. Around 2 I start getting concerned and wondering when I could have my ride ready to drop me off again. So I called. No answer. I get online to the Ford chat reps and ask what the heck is going on. She pretended to be from that local dealer but I knew she wasn't. Shortly after that interaction, the dealer's Sales dept. calls me and asks why they were requested to call me. Turns out the service guys all leave at noon on Saturdays! Who knew! So I go down there and the Sales guys track down my car and paperwork. Work was done, but they never called. Luckily they were able to process everything without any of the service guys around. I was very close to taking my spare key to just take my car (parked outside) and leave them a note saying the can give me my key and have my payment when they decide to call me. But I'm not that confrontational I suppose.

It really just seems like pulling teeth to work with Ford dealers, from my experience. I've worked with 3 different Volkswagen dealers (moving around and whatnot) and never once had any of these issues. Why are they capable of treating customers and their cars so much better than Ford?

aaronj1159,

As hybridbear said, I'm happy to document your feedback so it can get to the appropriate parties for review. Just send me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll get it into the computer.

Ashley

A close friend in his late '80's has leased a new Cadillac every few years for over 20 years from the same dealer. Last year he had some sort of brake system light come on. He took it in for warranty/lease service and they changed the master cylinder under warranty. They also charged him $350 for a tuneup including " cleaning the throttle body ". The car had 20,000 miles on it.

enrichFLA - I'm glad you have solved your FF issue by moving on to another brand. Perhaps it's time to move on to another subject. You no long have the car, but yet you are still griping about the issues you had. We get it. Actually we got it 3 of your posts ago. You don't like Ford or the Fusion. Perhaps you may want to contribute to the Cadillac forums with positive posts about your ride and how the dealer treats you. Is there a need for you to continue to beat this dead horse?

I agree. enrichFLA: Don't let the doorknob hit you on your way out...

Best car I ever owned. Even with the few minor cosmetic things, and the current thumping, I would not trade it for any other car(except maybe an Energi or MKZh).

Best car I ever owned. Even with the few minor cosmetic things, and the current thumping, I would not trade it for any other car(except maybe an Energi or MKZh).

Acdii, you are a patient and loyal Ford owner. After your BD experience I think most people would have abandoned the FFH and possibly even the Ford brand.

Acdii, you are a patient and loyal Ford owner. After your BD experience I think most people would have abandoned the FFH and possibly even the Ford brand.

I really didn't have a problem with the car, I loved driving it, it was Ford Corporate that I had issues with. I also was concerned about the plug fouling, and no answer as to why. My dealer backed me up on it, and did right by me, otherwise I would have gone elsewhere. I am loyal not to Ford, but to my dealer.

If Ford had stood up and acknowledged that there was an issue with it, done something to appease me on it, then I most likely would have kept it. At the end though, it wasn't worth the aggravation. What kept me with the Fusion was the fact so many others here were doing so well with their cars, that I had to give it a second chance, and so glad I did.