2013 Fusion Hybrid Issues & Problems  

73 members have voted

1. 1. When did you receive your 2013 FFH?

• Since March 1st, 2013
    • January or February 2013
    • November or December 2012
    • September or October 2012
    • August 2012 or before
  2. 2. How many problems/issues have you discovered that require repair?

3. 3. Did any of the issues/problems leave the car inoperable?

4. 4. How many days total has the car been in the shop for repairs?

• 0 - no repairs
    • All repairs completed same day
    • 1 to 2 days
    • 3 to 4 days
    • 5 to 6 days
    • 7 or more days
  5. 5. How do the actual repairs compare to expected repairs buying the first year of a new car?

• Many more issues than expected
    • A few more issues than expected
    • As many issues as expected
    • A few less issues than expected
    • Many less issues than expected

I curious with all the newer HyTi owners who have recently received their cars if they are having more or less issues than those of us with earlier build Hybrid SEs

Good question, I sure hope that is the case. The last thing I want is to have the new one spend ANY time in a service bay other than getting its shoes moved and life blood replaced.

Considering that most dealerships bread and butter is service, you would think they would do a better job so they can keep you as a customer, especially after the warranty runs out. My dealer has always done right by me, so even for something like that busted wheel bearing tht I could have had repaired at a local grease monkey shop, I had the car towed to the dealer to have it done. Most likely it cost me more than it should have, but it was done correctly with Ford parts.

Sorry about your adventures in Fordland and sorry to hear about your dealer issues. Dealers are the bane of all manufacturers - they can make or break the brand. However your experiences, if documented, would be good to share with Ford if the system is ever going to change. They need to understand what is going on in the field and you have an opportunity to help them.

Good luck with the Caddy - nice looking car also. ;)

It's true, dealerships make or break a brand. I too have dealt with Ford Corporate, and they are a bunch of fools. The saving grace to me is I have a VERY good dealer, they treat you like a friend, not a customer. A friend is someone who is there to help you when you need it, and that is what Harvard Ford has been. Had it not been for them, I would have gone elsewhere, probably back to Toyota and the Avalon, but thankfully they helped me through a bad situation and I have been very happy with my replacement. Sorry yours didn't work out, hope you enjoy the new car.

Bought my '13 FFH in October of 2013. No problems that have caused me to take it back to the dealer. It now has ~11k miles, so... so far so good.

Never buy a first year new model holds true. Many of those who have issues are those who purchased Job1 cars. My first was a Job1, and was a PITA, the one I have now is Job2, and has been great. Other than the trim pieces on the front doors, replaced under warranty with updated ones, squeaking drivers wiper, again replaced under warranty with updated parts, and a paint chip on the bumper from an over tightened fastener, repainted under warranty, the car has been good.

MPG is right where I expect it to be, everything works fine, MFT has been trouble free, and the car is a pleasure to drive. I also have an exceptional dealer which helped me work through the issues with the first car.