GrySql

Shutters buzzing or something else?

Have you checks the climate load to see if you are pulling power when you hear the noise? Maybe its the compressor doing it and not the brake booster. The Compressor makes awful noise, and all this time I just thought the one in the 10 was about to fail, nope, they all make that noise.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have noticed on several occasions that my car is making an electric buzzing after I shut the car off. I'll go down to my car 15 minutes later and it's still making the noise. I restart the car to stop it.

This happens about once a month. Just wanted to put that out there in case it was more widespread.

I don't know what the noise is or why it's on, or even if its normal - which I doubt.

Yeah mine does that too every now and then, along with a fan in the trunk area for the HVB sometimes stays on or comes on after I shut down... I don't worry about them, plenty of monitoring systems doing their thing and if the car needs to buzz or whirr on its own, so be it.

I had my 2015 FFH parked in the driveway for several hours and then pulled it into the garage (ICE never started). I noticed this same faint buzzing noise coming from the rear area of the car (I don't think it is brake related or HVB fan related). I checked on it 5-10 minutes later and it was still doing it but then stopped shortly after that.

Was it ever determined (maybe another thread) what causes this noise?

Yes, it is the fuel evap system.

Just read that entire thread and I will sleep easy tonight. That was what I was hearing. Thank you.