GrySql

Shutters buzzing or something else?

I have never heard a sound other than the rumble of the ICE kicking in during a cold start, and mine is in a garage too.

OH that's the Government Mandated Noise makers! you are one of the lucky few to get the test vehicle! :)

You know, now that I think of it, since the ICE doesnt always run, the brake boost would not be from Vacuum as in a conventional car, so there must be a precharge system that provides the boost, and it could be that is what you are hearing. Good for three presses of the pedal then needs to recharge. I never heard any noise when I started the one I had, it was always dead quiet, but then the ICE kicked on, and rarely did it go more than a couple minutes without ICE when first started, always been too frakin cold.

Don't most cars have a quick test of the ABS pump/mechanics when you start the car or

just start rolling? My last few cars have had this and I mostly don't notice it unless I listen

carefully.

The ABS pump for the brakes does a quick self-test shortly after the car starts. It's a quick

pulsing of the ABS mechanism as would be the behavior if the ABS really did kick in

while braking.

Edited by smr2112

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have noticed on several occasions that my car is making an electric buzzing after I shut the car off. I'll go down to my car 15 minutes later and it's still making the noise. I restart the car to stop it.

This happens about once a month. Just wanted to put that out there in case it was more widespread.

I don't know what the noise is or why it's on, or even if its normal - which I doubt.

Yeah mine does that too every now and then, along with a fan in the trunk area for the HVB sometimes stays on or comes on after I shut down... I don't worry about them, plenty of monitoring systems doing their thing and if the car needs to buzz or whirr on its own, so be it.

Yep, Chad Mitchell I believe was the first to record it. It went ZIP when it moved, BOP when it stopped, Whir when it stood still, I never knew just what it was, and I guess I never will. Pretty much sums up the car too!

Hello, i just purchased my 2013 ford fusion hybrid SE. I have every available option (it was supposed to be a titanium but my dealership charged me the same and gave me an se...) I am actually hearing an electrical buzzing sound while driving, without braking. i've heard it accelerating, going down a hill with cruise on, braking.. it's loud and my wife was very freaked out that our kids were going to get electrocuted. I havent even purchased my first tank of gas yet.