Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Lincoln MKC

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

I just watched someone almost hit a new MKC in the grocery store parking lot. The back up lights on the MKC are so tiny that in daylight you can't see them unless you know what to look for. I would be apprehensive about owning one for that reason.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:12 PM

In my part of the country it is at your peril that you suppose another car will let you back out of a parking spot without running into you.  I can't tell you how often my rear camera & alarm has helped me avoid cars and pedestrians. The person backing out has no right of way and better be on full alert before exposing his rear end to the crazies around here.  With over 30 million vehicles in CA the odds are not in your favor.

I was following a new MKC two days ago in traffic and the tail lights are thin and long, in strong sunlight I too felt they were a little under designed.  But they are attractive!

• hybridbear and corncobs like this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#43 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:37 AM

In my part of the country it is at your peril that you suppose another car will let you back out of a parking spot without running into you.  I can't tell you how often my rear camera & alarm has helped me avoid cars and pedestrians. The person backing out has no right of way and better be on full alert before exposing his rear end to the crazies around here.  With over 30 million vehicles in CA the odds are not in your favor.

Do you have the Cross Traffic Alert system on your FFH? It's very helpful in these situations. It will even pick up pedestrians. However, the exact reason you provide is why I prefer to back into parking spaces. I only pull in if absolutely necessary due to traffic when arriving. Although, we usually park so far away that there's no issue with people being inconvenienced if we stop to back into a parking space.

• GrySql, Hybrider and machoman1337 like this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#44 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 05 September 2015 - 02:58 AM

Do you have the Cross Traffic Alert system on your FFH? It's very helpful in these situations. It will even pick up pedestrians. However, the exact reason you provide is why I prefer to back into parking spaces. I only pull in if absolutely necessary due to traffic when arriving. Although, we usually park so far away that there's no issue with people being inconvenienced if we stop to back into a parking space.

Same here, I back into parking spaces 99% of the time for safety. It's not just to make exiting safer/easier - it also offers some personal safety if you see some shady person approaching you. Faster to get out, and if the car is backed towards a wall, the door acts as a "shield". I don't have CTA but I doubt I'd need it for this reason. Plus, with backup cameras becoming standard on many cars, it's actually easier to do a back-in in the first place! Of course, if the parking space is slanted at an angle that obviously favours front-in parking (more common in the US than in Canada), then I'll pull in... I dislike that style though. Also, fun fact - the total number of moves + time taken when you combine both entry and exit is typically the same whether you go front-in or back-in. Unless you're fighting for a space in a crowded carpark (a situation I try my best to avoid at all costs), there is literally no advantage to going front-in into a perpendicular parking lot. 

I've seen only a handful of MKCs in the last few months. From the side they remind me of Audi Q5s and the front end is an improvement over earlier Lincolns. It's a shame they aren't more popular, but then again they wear the Lincoln badge :( I sat in one at an auto show and found it quite comfortable and elegant.

• hybridbear and corncobs like this

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#45 OFFLINE   B25Nut

B25Nut

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 802 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Hybrid White Platinum - Dune

Posted 10 September 2015 - 05:58 PM

"I sat in one at an auto show and found it quite comfortable and elegant"

You must not have sat in the rear seats.  My foot got caught while exiting.

• GrySql likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·