B25Nut

Lincoln MKC

Is that based off the Escape chassis? It has the MKZ/Fusion interior styling too.

Thats what I thought. They stopped making an Escape Hybrid though, so wonder if that will make a comeback. I test drove an Escape, its OK, but nothing I would buy.

The MKC will be a good seller if priced right. I also read somewhere the MKC will get the hybrid form. I believe the escape is getting it back in 2016. So who knows, maybe the MKC hybrid will be the base lincoln to help sales.

Now that is one car I dont like. Looks too much like the Escape/Explorer/Cmax. Way over priced too for what you get. If you want the ACC you have to buy the entire package. Out of all those, the only things I would want in a car is the BLIS and Adaptive Cruise.

I think this is why I liked the MKT, it does not look like the Flex at all, yet its the same chassis, same with the MKZ, Same as the Fusion, but doesnt look anything like it.

It's based on the Escape platform, but the dimensions have all been tweaked. The Escape and MKC have far fewer similarities than the Fusion and MKZ. It more closely resembles a jacked up MKZ rather than any of it's C-platform counterparts. I was holding out hope for a MKC Hybrid but went with then MKZ Hybrid when they didn't announce it. Everyone I talked to at the dealership agreed that they should be offering a hybrid, and hopefully they'll add one for the second model year.

How anyone can think the MKC looks ANTHING like the Escape. Explorer, or (OMG) a CMax ??? is beyond me. :finger: Not one single body panel is the same as any of those. The interior is completely different. Sheesh! You sound like the automobile magazines that don't like the MKZ because it's based on the Fusion/Mondeo.

Edited by SteveB_TX

How anyone can think the MKC looks ANTHING like the Escape. Explorer, or (OMG) a CMax ??? is beyond me. :finger: Not one single body panel is the same as any of those. The interior is completely different. Sheesh! You sound like the automobile magazines that don't like the MKZ because it's based on the Fusion/Mondeo.

It has the same body lines as the Escape, the roof looks like a Cmax, and the rear looks like an Explorer. Only from the front does it look like a Lincoln. To me it looks like they took all three cars, threw them in a blender, set it on mash, and poured out the MKC. I dont know if they changed the interior, but early shots had the same trim that is in the Fusion.

If its not a hybrid. Its getting the best engine it can. Thats my motto.

If i could id prob get a subaru WRX for a second car. But i owe alot of bills so im staying with the mkz for a bit. Id be pretty screwed if I still had my truck at this point, higher note, higher insurance, way higher gas bill.

But i owe alot of bills so im staying with the mkz for a bit. Id be pretty screwed if I still had my truck at this point, higher note, higher insurance, way higher gas bill.

With all the new cars I went through this year and last, what surprises me is my total monthly payments have only gone up $70 between the two. It will just take me two years longer to pay them off. Perpetual lease?

Unlike my gas, electric, insurance and taxes, at least I have these constants in my life. My Mortgage payment is fixed at a low rate, but the insurance and taxes have jumped, which makes my Mortgage payment higher, and has been fluctuating since 2008(gee, any coincidence?). Not looking forward to the upcoming increases in healthcare insurance next year, thankfully this year no increase.

Yeah, but it's an Audi man, an AUDI! :rolleyes; Next time you guys are out my way, I'll give you a ride in my T, I think you will like it. :) That bugger is getting great MPG!