B25Nut

Lincoln MKC

http://www.lincoln.com/crossovers/mkc/concept/

Lincoln says they are trying for a July release. This is the style that my wife will want to replace her RX330 in a couple of years, although her first comment was "it's a little small". If Ford adapts the hybrid system to the MKC, they will have a one, two punch along with the FFH that will be hard to beat.

Is that based off the Escape chassis? It has the MKZ/Fusion interior styling too.

It is based on the Escape and has an all glass roof, which they say will make it into production. This could save Lincoln. The design is by the same guy that did the Fusion.

Thats what I thought. They stopped making an Escape Hybrid though, so wonder if that will make a comeback. I test drove an Escape, its OK, but nothing I would buy.

Wow, Lincoln's design is very radical! Maybe too radical for my taste. The rear light design looks very similar to Dodge Dart.

242712-large-Salon_de_Detroit_2013_Linco

2013-Dodge-Dart-rear-thumb-607x367-60686

I just drove a '13 Escape for about 200 miles. It had a lot of the Fusion driving feel to it but the ICE was kind of buzzy sounding.

However, with my new hybrid driving skills I was able to get over 30mpg for the trip.

I did not like the Escape's interior and dash configuration and this Lincoln takes care of that with that beautiful interior design.

The Escape looked small but somehow didn't feel that small when inside.

Yes, I think the MKC will sell very well if they can make it quiet inside, unlike the Escape.

The MKC will be a good seller if priced right. I also read somewhere the MKC will get the hybrid form. I believe the escape is getting it back in 2016. So who knows, maybe the MKC hybrid will be the base lincoln to help sales.

You can now Build & Price the Lincoln MKC at:

http://www.lincoln.com/crossovers/mkc/reveal/

You'll spend a lot more money if you want the new 2.3 L engine. Still wish they had a hybrid option, but this would probably push the MKC above $45K in the Reserve trim.

Unless they offered it like in the MKZ...no extra cost over the base motor.

I just tried to build & price one and the website is not working well. You can't change interior colors among other issues. The 2014 Fusion site still does not work well and they are building them.

Edited by hermans

Now that is one car I dont like. Looks too much like the Escape/Explorer/Cmax. Way over priced too for what you get. If you want the ACC you have to buy the entire package. Out of all those, the only things I would want in a car is the BLIS and Adaptive Cruise.

I think this is why I liked the MKT, it does not look like the Flex at all, yet its the same chassis, same with the MKZ, Same as the Fusion, but doesnt look anything like it.

It's based on the Escape platform, but the dimensions have all been tweaked. The Escape and MKC have far fewer similarities than the Fusion and MKZ. It more closely resembles a jacked up MKZ rather than any of it's C-platform counterparts. I was holding out hope for a MKC Hybrid but went with then MKZ Hybrid when they didn't announce it. Everyone I talked to at the dealership agreed that they should be offering a hybrid, and hopefully they'll add one for the second model year.

How anyone can think the MKC looks ANTHING like the Escape. Explorer, or (OMG) a CMax ??? is beyond me. :finger: Not one single body panel is the same as any of those. The interior is completely different. Sheesh! You sound like the automobile magazines that don't like the MKZ because it's based on the Fusion/Mondeo.

Edited by SteveB_TX

How anyone can think the MKC looks ANTHING like the Escape. Explorer, or (OMG) a CMax ??? is beyond me. :finger: Not one single body panel is the same as any of those. The interior is completely different. Sheesh! You sound like the automobile magazines that don't like the MKZ because it's based on the Fusion/Mondeo.

It has the same body lines as the Escape, the roof looks like a Cmax, and the rear looks like an Explorer. Only from the front does it look like a Lincoln. To me it looks like they took all three cars, threw them in a blender, set it on mash, and poured out the MKC. I dont know if they changed the interior, but early shots had the same trim that is in the Fusion.

The 2.3 L really ups the price since it only comes with AWD. For $44K, you can get the 2.0 with just about everything.

If its not a hybrid. Its getting the best engine it can. Thats my motto.

If i could id prob get a subaru WRX for a second car. But i owe alot of bills so im staying with the mkz for a bit. Id be pretty screwed if I still had my truck at this point, higher note, higher insurance, way higher gas bill.

But i owe alot of bills so im staying with the mkz for a bit. Id be pretty screwed if I still had my truck at this point, higher note, higher insurance, way higher gas bill.

With all the new cars I went through this year and last, what surprises me is my total monthly payments have only gone up $70 between the two. It will just take me two years longer to pay them off. Perpetual lease?

Unlike my gas, electric, insurance and taxes, at least I have these constants in my life. My Mortgage payment is fixed at a low rate, but the insurance and taxes have jumped, which makes my Mortgage payment higher, and has been fluctuating since 2008(gee, any coincidence?). Not looking forward to the upcoming increases in healthcare insurance next year, thankfully this year no increase.

With all the new cars I went through this year and last, what surprises me is my total monthly payments have only gone up $70 between the two. It will just take me two years longer to pay them off. Perpetual lease?

Unlike my gas, electric, insurance and taxes, at least I have these constants in my life. My Mortgage payment is fixed at a low rate, but the insurance and taxes have jumped, which makes my Mortgage payment higher, and has been fluctuating since 2008(gee, any coincidence?). Not looking forward to the upcoming increases in healthcare insurance next year, thankfully this year no increase.

That's basically what happened to us too going from black FFH to white FFH. The payment is no different (we always pay more than the minimum per month anyway because we pay every 2 weeks on payday), but it basically adds a year of payments before the car will be paid off because we owned the black FFH for a year.

Our health insurance costs are going down thanks to Obamacare and our coverage will be better. I can stop buying expensive "family" coverage at work and just buy coverage for me and my wife will have insurance through the Health Care Exchange. Her coverage will be way better than what she had before through my work but costs less per month.

Edited by hybridbear

The first drive reports for the MKC are in and it sounds great. I hope this will be the replacement for my wife's Lexus RX330. I just wish they had a hybrid version, which is the reason this may be the first time I lease a vehicle, since I hope the hybrid will be available in three years.

Building it on the Lincoln site it looks like I can get everything I want for under $43K. The reports say that the THX audio system is the best they've heard, however, to I may have to add $995 to that. One of the most encouraging things about the reviews is that the seats are extremely comfortable with top quality leather, which is one of my wife's highest priorities. The only major criticism is that the back seat room is a little marginal. The make or break feature for the deal is whether the luggage for four can fit in the back with three passengers in the back seat. If it can't, we may have to wait for the new MKX, which also looks really great but will result in a hit on mileage.

One reviewer stated he would still pick the Audi Q5 over the MKC. It appears to me he would have to spend a significant amount more and end up with a vehicle that isn't as nearly good looking. And it would be made in Germany instead of the US.

Yeah, but it's an Audi man, an AUDI! :rolleyes; Next time you guys are out my way, I'll give you a ride in my T, I think you will like it. :) That bugger is getting great MPG!