Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Have you bought an extended warranty?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   jjd

jjd

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

I'm really questioning what they guy "sold me" as being Ford's ESP because it's it's administered by "first extended service corp", along with that the guy didn't check the coverage type... not feeling good. Biggest problem is wife wanted to roll the cost into financing and we ended up doing so which means I can't get it out of the loan/payment schedule.

I've seen the info on floodford's esp discussed here. I may look into that.

I did check with USAA whose extended plan is run by Assurant (which I have mixed opinions on). Given this is through USAA I think I should be OK and the quotes I got on comprehensive coverage for 5-6 year 75k/100k end up being a lot less.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

In non-CARB states the hybrid warranty is 8 years - 100,000.

Thanks for pointing out my typing error. I fixed it now.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#43 OFFLINE   hytibill

hytibill

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 46 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

I bought a PremiumCare 7 year 100K warranty from Flood ESP. Discover Card had a "spend over $1000 get $100 cash back" so I did that. I then tried to purchase an ESP from the Ford website but it indicated that I already had a ESP plan so I know that the Flood ESP is legit. There's just too many little doodads on the car. It cost $1000 out of pocket so to me it's good insurance.
  • jeff_h, acdii, hybridbear and 2 others like this

#44 OFFLINE   klatoo

klatoo

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 40 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH Titanium

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

I shopped around for cheap ESP's online and ended up choosing one from a dealer in Springfield MO.  When I bought my FFH at my local Ford dealer, he tried to sell me one and it was double what the other guy said.  I said "No thanks" and being the curious fellow, asked why.  After the little spiel he went to get a manager who told me a little story.  He said that buying a ESP from a Ford dealer means that the dealer has "inspected" the vehicle and verifies the car and VIN number.  Buying a ESP online the Ford Dealer that sold the ESP did not do this, therefore the ESP is null and void.  Maybe this was a scare tactic but after holding my ground because this Ford dealer never cared when they fixed my Expediton, he finally agreed to match this guys price.  I ended up getting the 7 yr 100K plan for around a thousand.

• acdii and GrySql like this

"Yo homie....that my briefcase?"

241799.png

#45 OFFLINE   ByebyeWrangler82

ByebyeWrangler82

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 20 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion SE

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

I'm glad I opted for the ext warranty...saved me $$$$! Bought mine used from a Toyota dealership with 39k on her...

#46 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:18 PM

I'm glad I bought one too (actually two) :) For my FFH (so far no need for it since it's still under B2B) and I also bought one for my wife's Explorer and that has already paid for a good amount.

There is little fan that blows inside air over a temperature sensor for the climate control. This thing was making an awful noise (quite common for this MY) so they replaced it. When we dropped of my car my wife was following me and something seemed off with the headlights so I had them check it.
While the Explorer was getting the things taken care of my SA called me and said that the passenger side was stuck on high beam and they had ordered a new headlight assembly.

I would estimate close to 1k for fan and headlight replacement (headlight alone $450) so I would have been pissed without the extended warranty.

Edited by corncobs, 15 March 2015 - 04:20 PM.

• acdii and hybridbear like this
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#47 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

I would estimate close to 1k for fan and headlight replacement (headlight alone $450) so I would have been pissed without the extended warranty.

Hey corncobs, did you buy the "bulb replacement" coverage as part of your ESP? That's the only extra I bought on my Flood Ford ESP. I had bought one at my dealer when I bought the car, but when I saw the Flood prices, I cancelled it and bought one at Flood for about 1/4 the price I had paid. 5 yr/60K for $550 with bulb coverage.

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

"Do What You Can, For Who You Can, With What You Have, and What You Know"

#48 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

Hey corncobs, did you buy the "bulb replacement" coverage as part of your ESP? That's the only extra I bought on my Flood Ford ESP. I had bought one at my dealer when I bought the car, but when I saw the Flood prices, I cancelled it and bought one at Flood for about 1/4 the price I had paid. 5 yr/60K for $550 with bulb coverage.

I never heard of such option so I don't think I have it. I bought mine at the dealer when I picked up my FFH after they pretty much ($50 more IIRC) matched the Flood Ford terms and price.

215477.png

#49 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:37 PM

I never heard of such option so I don't think I have it. I bought mine at the dealer when I picked up my FFH after they pretty much ($50 more IIRC) matched the Flood Ford terms and price.

I hadn't heard of it either and it might be something new because GrySql told me he didn't see it as an option when he bought his ESP at Flood. It could be because of the cost of some of these LED/HID/"special" lights that are being used nowadays. They can be expensive. In my case, I know if a fog light quits, you have to remove the panel under the bumper at least to get to it and if a headlight goes, well, I don't want to mess with that either. So, for $60 for the term of my ESP, if a light goes out, Ford has to change it for me no matter how much work it is, and that includes interior lighting as well. I thought that was well worth $60 for 5 yrs/60K miles.

Edited by TonyHzNV, 15 March 2015 - 07:38 PM.

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

"Do What You Can, For Who You Can, With What You Have, and What You Know"

#50 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:34 PM

I agree with HIDs those can get expensive even though they should last at lot longer than regular bulbs. Also with more and more LEDs being installed in new cars that will always be a full replacement when they go bad no question. It even says that in our manual with the tail lights > go see the dealer.

215477.png

#51 OFFLINE   Shadoweb

Shadoweb

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 28 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 FFE, 2002 TBird, 1997 SC'd TBird

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:58 PM

I bought my car at Carmax specifically for the 5 year 100k warranty. 

351308.png

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Oxford White

Job 2 - Luxury Package - Technical Package - Driver Assist Package

2002 Ford Thunderbird - Evening Black

Removable Top Premium Package

351312.png

1997 Ford Thunderbird Limted Edition - Ebony

Sport Package - leather SC seats, built motor, supercharger, 350RWHP 392RWTQ

#52 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:33 PM

Boy was I wrong about the price on the two items. Surfing on the ford owner website I looked at the Explorer service history and it appears that both items have a combined price tag of $1881.
  • GrySql likes this

215477.png

#53 OFFLINE   dalesky

dalesky

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 536 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang GT conv, Fusion HYTI

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

Yes I bought one but got it for $500 cheaper that what my dealer offered... do a search on the forum for keywords 'extended warranty' as I think there are several threads and many posts on this one that can help get you some more info.

What Jeff said- ck out the thread
  • jeff_h likes this

HyTi Ice storm

black leather
Sony sound
Voice Nav
Moonroof
Driver assist

1st tank 5-20-13

#54 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

Well, I am glad I got one, the car is acting up now with 42K on it. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#55 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

Based on observing others' experiences I am inclined to buy one too. Remember that the price is the same for the ESP for the cheapest Fusion S and the most expensive Fusion Energi Titanium. Those of us with more expensive vehicles have a higher probability of seeing a positive ROI on the purchase of an ESP.

• acdii and machoman1337 like this

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#56 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 526 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

The Hybrid scared me a little with all those instrument  gauge Panels and modules that could go wrong, so I bought the 5 Yr. 60-K Pkg. I got a small discount because I wasn't a happy camper at that point of the sell and I bought it directly from Ford.. I paid $875.00 for the 0 deduction, PremiumCare. We don't put much mileage on our cars anymore.

On my '11 and '12 Fiestas I used Lombard Ford as each approached the end of bumper-to-bumper.  They had the best price at the time.  There is a quote process initially to give you a code that will allow you to see all the possible costs/deducions per plan.  Surprisingly, they weren't "pushy" either!

Will I get one on the FFH?  Probably - and I'll get a price from the dealer as well as check out Lombard and Flood (as mentioned here).  NY allows for ESP purchase like this, so I'm golden.

<crosses fingers> Hope like heck it comes in next week!  I already ordered all the stuff for the donut spare! <chuckle>

Edited by Cobra348, 03 April 2015 - 04:48 PM.

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#57 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:02 AM

On my '11 and '12 Fiestas I used Lombard Ford as each approached the end of bumper-to-bumper.  They had the best price at the time.  There is a quote process initially to give you a code that will allow you to see all the possible costs/deducions per plan.  Surprisingly, they weren't "pushy" either!

Will I get one on the FFH?  Probably - and I'll get a price from the dealer as well as check out Lombard and Flood (as mentioned here).  NY allows for ESP purchase like this, so I'm golden.

<crosses fingers> Hope like heck it comes in next week!  I already ordered all the stuff for the donut spare! <chuckle>

Check out Anderson-Koch Ford as well. They also sell ESPs for around the same price as Flood. Sometimes one is slightly cheaper than the other.

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#58 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:05 AM

I just priced out PremiumCare 8/75k and Lombard Ford is about $400 higher than Anderson-Koch or Flood. The latter two have the exact same price.

Current Vehicles

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#59 OFFLINE   BobRu

BobRu

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

Bought PremiumCARE 72 months 125k $100 deductible for $1380 online from Champion Lincoln in Brockton MA. Selling dealer down here in FL wanted over $3k for same

#60 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:10 AM

Mine cost $800 for 4 year 125K with $200 deductible.  So far at 42K miles with 18 months through it, so my miles will probably run out before the time does.  A 5/125 would have cost more, and would have been a waste of a year, so consider how many miles you expect to put on, and go by the miles instead of years. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·