Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Have you bought an extended warranty?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

It was really expensive (over 2K) but the issues covered were comprehensive (Platinum) and clearly defined. I went with 7 year/100k which covers me for years 4,5,6,7.

Did you buy it from the dealership? floodford.com has it for $1,590, $1,260, $1135 or $975 depending on which deductible you went with.

I'm thinking of buying it too, but I'm not willing to pay 2k for it. $1,135 with a $100 deductible seems more reasonable.

• jeff_h, Fastronaut and hybridbear like this

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium << -- click for the picture gallery

- Deep Impact Blue

- 18" Polished Face with Flash Greay-Painted Pockets Wheels

- Moonroof with Universal Garage Door Opener

- Driver Assist Package

- Voice-Activated Navigation

- Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

- Adaptive Cruise Control

Ordered: 11/19/12 | VIN Assigned: 2/28/13 | Build Date: 3/21/13 | ETA: 4/6/13 | Delivery Date: April 5th, 2013 !!!

196622.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

No offense taken, you made perfectly correct points. I have one for my 2010 FFH, just in case, and the car has been perfect for the past 40K miles, not one issue other than a software glitch for the dash that an update corrected. 

Edited by acdii, 19 April 2013 - 12:43 PM.

• hybridbear likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#23 OFFLINE   c152driver

c152driver

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 23 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2007 Saturn Aura XR

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Thinking about it from a strictly mathematical point of view, you're probably better off going without the extended warranty. After all, Ford wants to make a profit on these, and that essentially means they need to collect more in premiums than they spend on claims. Just like any other insurance, a small percentage of people are going to get paid more in claims than they pay in in premiums, but most people won't. Plus the factory warranty is pretty generous--especially considering that the 8/100,000 warranty covers the hybrid components such as the transmission.

However, I am considering it for my new FFH. It's the first year for this design, and there is a lot of tech in the car. The financially smarter thing, though, would be to put what I would spend on the service plan into a savings account and use that for future repairs. Peace of mind does have some added value though.

• hybridbear likes this

#24 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 128 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:'93 Integra, Fusion Energi

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm getting it for the peace of mind of a newish Ford model with a WHOLE lot of new Ford tech making it go. I'm getting the 7yr 100k, deciding on the deducatble 100 or 200.

It's even worse c152driver (such a small plane), there is Ford's and the dealer's markups. At least Flood is using volume to lower their cut to you.

178794.png178796.png

Fusion Energi [P0S, J4, 800A, 53B, 60N, 13B]

Ordered: 10-Jan-2013

Built: 24-May-2013

Delivered: 7-JUN-2013 (149 days)

#25 OFFLINE   jsellar

jsellar

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

I also looked at Flood Ford.  I printed out the prices, and showed my dealer.  They told me that they likely wouldn't accept it, as they've never heard of it, and couldn't guarantee it was really from Ford.  They also said it was below their cost, and to be careful because "there are lawsuits out there against companies selling the service plans below cost".  Not sure if I really believe their stories.  So has anyone confirmed that their plans from Flood Ford are actually accepted at all ford dealers?  

#26 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Ford ESP is Ford ESP. From what I know, its in the database when your car is serviced as still under warranty and what type of warranty.  Non Ford warranties though you need to have the paperwork presented when you bring it in for service unless you are taking it to the dealer you bought the contract from. 

Posted Image

#27 OFFLINE   jsellar

jsellar

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

I guess that still leaves the question....  Flood Ford is NOT ford, so how can I be sure that they sell genuine Ford ESP's?  My dealer was concerned as to why they were selling them several hundred dollars below the dealership's cost.  Too good to be true, or will it bite us in the ass if they're not truly accepted at all dealerships?

#28 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Well only way to know for sure is having someone who bought the Ford ESP from them confirm they got the Ford ESP paperwork. I happen to have a copy of one from the F150 that Ford sent me. 

Posted Image

#29 OFFLINE   alpha754293

alpha754293

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 205 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

I bought the PremiumCare extended service plan (ESP) for my Fusion Titanium Hybrid as well. 6 year/200,000 km. But I also drive like 60,000 km a year, so I'll burn through that very quickly, but it's just in case that something goes wrong with it. That plus I'll burn through the 3 year/60,000 km basic warranty in a year, so the time limit doesn't matter nearly as much to me as the distance limit does. (You figure that in the two weeks that I've had it, I've already put 1500 km on it...so...it's very easy for me to eat up any kind of distance-based warranty.)

The only real downside to it (apparently) is that it only bumps the 8-year/160,000 km hybrid unique components warranty up to 200,000 km (+ 40,000 km) which...mehhh....I don't think that it's that useful. But, *shrug*...I was doing research that said that if you're a high mileage driver (like I am) and that you intend on keeping your car for the long haul that you should get the extended warranty.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed here are solely that of my own and are not representative of Ford Motor Company or its affiliates.

200163.png

#30 OFFLINE   neod192

neod192

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,105 posts
  • Current Vehicle:'13 Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

I bought the PremiumCare extended service plan (ESP) for my Fusion Titanium Hybrid as well. 6 year/200,000 km. But I also drive like 60,000 km a year, so I'll burn through that very quickly, but it's just in case that something goes wrong with it. That plus I'll burn through the 3 year/60,000 km basic warranty in a year, so the time limit doesn't matter nearly as much to me as the distance limit does. (You figure that in the two weeks that I've had it, I've already put 1500 km on it...so...it's very easy for me to eat up any kind of distance-based warranty.)

The only real downside to it (apparently) is that it only bumps the 8-year/160,000 km hybrid unique components warranty up to 200,000 km (+ 40,000 km) which...mehhh....I don't think that it's that useful. But, *shrug*...I was doing research that said that if you're a high mileage driver (like I am) and that you intend on keeping your car for the long haul that you should get the extended warranty.

Since you put so many miles on it, I wonder if getting less years would've made more sense? How long does it take you to put 200,000km on it? Is 200,000km the most miles u can get?

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium << -- click for the picture gallery

- Deep Impact Blue

- 18" Polished Face with Flash Greay-Painted Pockets Wheels

- Moonroof with Universal Garage Door Opener

- Driver Assist Package

- Voice-Activated Navigation

- Active Park Assist with Forward Sensing System

- Adaptive Cruise Control

Ordered: 11/19/12 | VIN Assigned: 2/28/13 | Build Date: 3/21/13 | ETA: 4/6/13 | Delivery Date: April 5th, 2013 !!!

196622.png

#31 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

I figured I would pass the 125K mile mark in 4 years. 36,000 a year for 4 years is 144K miles. Even if we only put 32K on it is still over 125K.

Posted Image

#32 OFFLINE   alpha754293

alpha754293

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 205 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Since you put so many miles on it, I wonder if getting less years would've made more sense? How long does it take you to put 200,000km on it? Is 200,000km the most miles u can get?

Less years = less miles. 200k kms is the most I can get on it. At 60,000 km/year, a little under 3 years 4 months. The time isn't nearly as much of a limiting factor as the distance is.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed here are solely that of my own and are not representative of Ford Motor Company or its affiliates.

200163.png

#33 OFFLINE   whizkid21

whizkid21

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 10 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion 2006

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

After reading about Flood Ford and their online offers I was ready to buy from them after picking up my car.
My dealer of course offered ESP while going thru the paperwork and I told him that I already had one picked out. He was curious about the price so I showed it to him on my phone and he couldn't believe the price. He kept saying it's his invoice and this can be from a Ford dealer.
So he went back to check his price and sold me ESP for his invoice price which was about 65 bucks over the one from Flood Ford.

I bought my first Ford Fusion in 2006 and had the same experience. I bought my ESP from Lombard Ford in CT. My dealer in Brooklyn was trying to scare me into believing that it was some kind of online fraud. Only had to use it once after the bumper-to-bumper expired, but it was a real deal legit ESP from Ford. 

So don't let your dealer tell you otherwise! 

• corncobs likes this

Fusion Hybrid Titanium 2013

Deep Impact Blue

Fully Loaded

Order Date: 4/13/13

VIN Date: 5/3/13

Sticker Date: 5/18/13

Build Week: 5/17/13

Actual Build Day: 5/24/13

ETA Date: 6/11/13

Delivered Date: 6/11/13 - Not soon enough
Accessories: Opti-Guard, X-Pel Clear Bra, VG Shark Fin, NuSheidl 8' screen protector

#34 OFFLINE   whizkid21

whizkid21

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 10 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion 2006

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

In regard to value and peace of mind... 

Before ordering my 2013 HyTi Ford Fusion from a dealer in Long Island, I visited one in Brooklyn, NY. 

I was going to scope out the colors, and the sales dept. folks were too lazy to walk me over to the service department's roof, where a lot of the inventory was maintained. 

Turned out to be my gain, because I had the chance to get the grand tour from the service manager, who was more than happy to share his more than 30 years of experience with me. He wasn't doing a sales job, and actually outright told me some of the "don't buys" when looking at Ford Vehicles. 

However, he did advise me to go for the highest level ESP plan. 

What most people don't realize is that modern cars are 4,000 lb. computers. For example, when you turn the steering wheel, you're not actually turning the wheel. It's more like using a joystick on a video game... You're not directly controlling what you are doing. Computers are translating your motion into electronic information that really turns the wheels. In fact, car companies actually have to install resistors because the steering wheel would move too easily without them. 

So what does all this mean?

Basically the service guy told me all that and then said in the event that drive shaft needed to be changed or replaced, it would be an $11,000 proposition. 

That sold me on the ESP, 1-2-3. LOL 

• corncobs likes this

Fusion Hybrid Titanium 2013

Deep Impact Blue

Fully Loaded

Order Date: 4/13/13

VIN Date: 5/3/13

Sticker Date: 5/18/13

Build Week: 5/17/13

Actual Build Day: 5/24/13

ETA Date: 6/11/13

Delivered Date: 6/11/13 - Not soon enough
Accessories: Opti-Guard, X-Pel Clear Bra, VG Shark Fin, NuSheidl 8' screen protector

#35 OFFLINE   Powered By Fusion