brcd131

Have you bought an extended warranty?

Ford ESP is Ford ESP. From what I know, its in the database when your car is serviced as still under warranty and what type of warranty. Non Ford warranties though you need to have the paperwork presented when you bring it in for service unless you are taking it to the dealer you bought the contract from.

Well only way to know for sure is having someone who bought the Ford ESP from them confirm they got the Ford ESP paperwork. I happen to have a copy of one from the F150 that Ford sent me.

I figured I would pass the 125K mile mark in 4 years. 36,000 a year for 4 years is 144K miles. Even if we only put 32K on it is still over 125K.

I plan to keep mine for at least 10 years, and since its my daily driver I put a lot of miles on, and would blow through factory in less than 2 years, so having a 120K mile warranty covers me for at least 4 years. After that, it becomes the usual wear and tear replacements. My main concern is not the drive train, but the gadgets inside, the dash alone is $2k if it goes out. As with any insurance, good to have it and not need it, bad to need it and not have it. I got mine through my dealer at just a hair above what Flood sells it for.

I bought a PremiumCare 7 year 100K warranty from Flood ESP. Discover Card had a "spend over $1000 get $100 cash back" so I did that. I then tried to purchase an ESP from the Ford website but it indicated that I already had a ESP plan so I know that the Flood ESP is legit. There's just too many little doodads on the car. It cost $1000 out of pocket so to me it's good insurance.