brcd131

Have you bought an extended warranty?

I would estimate close to 1k for fan and headlight replacement (headlight alone $450) so I would have been pissed without the extended warranty.

Boy was I wrong about the price on the two items. Surfing on the ford owner website I looked at the Explorer service history and it appears that both items have a combined price tag of $1881.

Yes I bought one but got it for $500 cheaper that what my dealer offered... do a search on the forum for keywords 'extended warranty' as I think there are several threads and many posts on this one that can help get you some more info.

What Jeff said- ck out the thread

Well, I am glad I got one, the car is acting up now with 42K on it.

Based on observing others' experiences I am inclined to buy one too. Remember that the price is the same for the ESP for the cheapest Fusion S and the most expensive Fusion Energi Titanium. Those of us with more expensive vehicles have a higher probability of seeing a positive ROI on the purchase of an ESP.

The Hybrid scared me a little with all those instrument gauge Panels and modules that could go wrong, so I bought the 5 Yr. 60-K Pkg. I got a small discount because I wasn't a happy camper at that point of the sell and I bought it directly from Ford.. I paid $875.00 for the 0 deduction, PremiumCare. We don't put much mileage on our cars anymore.

On my '11 and '12 Fiestas I used Lombard Ford as each approached the end of bumper-to-bumper. They had the best price at the time. There is a quote process initially to give you a code that will allow you to see all the possible costs/deducions per plan. Surprisingly, they weren't "pushy" either!

Will I get one on the FFH? Probably - and I'll get a price from the dealer as well as check out Lombard and Flood (as mentioned here). NY allows for ESP purchase like this, so I'm golden.

<crosses fingers> Hope like heck it comes in next week! I already ordered all the stuff for the donut spare! <chuckle>

Edited by Cobra348

On my '11 and '12 Fiestas I used Lombard Ford as each approached the end of bumper-to-bumper. They had the best price at the time. There is a quote process initially to give you a code that will allow you to see all the possible costs/deducions per plan. Surprisingly, they weren't "pushy" either!

Will I get one on the FFH? Probably - and I'll get a price from the dealer as well as check out Lombard and Flood (as mentioned here). NY allows for ESP purchase like this, so I'm golden.

<crosses fingers> Hope like heck it comes in next week! I already ordered all the stuff for the donut spare! <chuckle>

Check out Anderson-Koch Ford as well. They also sell ESPs for around the same price as Flood. Sometimes one is slightly cheaper than the other.

I just priced out PremiumCare 8/75k and Lombard Ford is about $400 higher than Anderson-Koch or Flood. The latter two have the exact same price.

Bought PremiumCARE 72 months 125k $100 deductible for $1380 online from Champion Lincoln in Brockton MA. Selling dealer down here in FL wanted over $3k for same

Mine cost $800 for 4 year 125K with $200 deductible. So far at 42K miles with 18 months through it, so my miles will probably run out before the time does. A 5/125 would have cost more, and would have been a waste of a year, so consider how many miles you expect to put on, and go by the miles instead of years.

I bought a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty with $100 deductible last year from Flood Ford. Well, I decided to extend that to 8 years/100,000 mile with $200 deductible. Flood Ford was okay with that and only charged me a bit more than the difference ($125). That's pretty good service. Of course, they haven't sent me the new contract yet but they've charged my card and said the contract will be sent tomorrow? Haha. I'll report back if I get screwed.

Also, see the following from Ford Flood's website:

If I go to the dealership and have two issues on the same visit how much will I pay?
Your deductible is paid per warranty visit, and not per item. So if you have a $100 deductible, and have two warranty issues you would pay the $100 deductible just once on that visit.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/faq.php

I hope that's accurate. I've saved a copy as a PDF on my computer just in case. But the contract reads under Paragraph 4:

"4. STANDARD DEDUCTIBLES. If You elected coverage with a Standard Deductible or Optional Deductible, We will charge You that deductible for each Eligible Repair Visit, regardless of the number of Failures to be repaired."
I guess the dealer can screw you by making you come back every single time but that's bad faith. Between collision, comprehensive, and the relatively cheap maintenance (oil change and rotation every 6K miles?) I will hopefully be running this Ford for a long time.

I bought a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty with $100 deductible last year from Flood Ford. Well, I decided to extend that to 8 years/100,000 mile with $200 deductible. Flood Ford was okay with that and only charged me a bit more than the difference ($125). That's pretty good service. Of course, they haven't sent me the new contract yet but they've charged my card and said the contract will be sent tomorrow? Haha. I'll report back if I get screwed.

Your ESP Warranty will show up on the OASIS report a few weeks after your ESP purchase.

The Ford Dealer runs that report when you bring the car in for service and will see it.

There should be no need for you to show proof of purchase at the Dealer unless you need warranty service immediately.

$2,000 CAD all in after negotiations for an ESP PremiumCare. This includes federal GST of 5%. Surprised I didn't have to pay 7% provincial tax, lol.

Warranty is now extended to August 2019 or 100,000 km.

I did the deal with Richport Ford which has thus far been great to me.